Confirmed with Link: Avs Re-sign Cale Makar to 6-Year Deal

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
As a defenseman. That's key in this. Hes putting up those numbers in the hardest time as a dman. Truly remarkable.

Yeah it's really absurd. Like everyone knows Heiskanen is a great d-man, same with Jones. That there's more to point totals and that players bounce back/trend up/trend down every other year. Heiskanen during that playoff run was elite and matched Makar but than had a down season. I just don't see how a team could talk to Makar's agent and try and use that comparable .. on paper it doesn't exist. Same with Jones.

I know some people don't think Makar gave a discount but IMO he did. He 100% could have held out for 10 and if he wanted to be a dick and go to the media/use other teams as leverage it would be even worse. He could have done what Matthews/Marner did to Toronto 100%.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
All that article told me is f*** whoever it was that decided to draft Tyson Jost over Charlie McAvoy

Chychrun too lol

What really sealed that blunder was bringing him into the NHL way too early at the end of that disaster season for reasons that are still beyond my comprehension. My best guess was a PR move to the fans to say "look, we might have had a historically abysmal season, but we do have a promising prospect"

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Ehhhh I don’t think so. He looks to be a 40-50pt all situation 1D. I see nothing wrong with his contract.

The contract will definitely be fine long term.

That being said, he’s the 31st highest player in the league and the 7th highest paid defenceman.

I’d rank him lower on both of those lists right now.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Heiskanen is legitimately overpaid right now.

What do you compare him to? Last season? Less than year ago playoffs? If those playoffs, he is badly underpaid. 26 point playoffs is something not every d-man has.

Ehhhh I don’t think so. He looks to be a 40-50pt all situation 1D. I see nothing wrong with his contract.

4o points might be a stretch, but considering he already once got 26, I think 35 or so should be possible.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What do you compare him to? Last season? Less than year ago playoffs? If those playoffs, he is badly underpaid. 26 point playoffs is something not every d-man has.

4o points might be a stretch, but considering he already once got 26, I think 35 or so should be possible.
His career average is 40 points? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him improve to being a 50pt guy at all.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
don’t think Abusement was ever talking about playoff points…

Well that's what I'd pay for. Once it comes to playoffs, you show what you are made of. Pre-seasons and summer practices and whatevers might mean something to someone, but for me you either do your stuff in playoffs or then you are a bust. It's that simple.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well that's what I'd pay for. Once it comes to playoffs, you show what you are made of. Pre-seasons and summer practices and whatevers might mean something to someone, but for me you either do your stuff in playoffs or then you are a bust. It's that simple.
Nobody gets paid for what they do in the playoffs. It's "that simple."

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No, he really didn't. Kucherov signed his new contract in 2019 after scoring 100, 128 (MVP) and finally pacing 103 points in his contract season.

Nothing about Kucherov's playoff performances dictated his contract terms.
Rookie numbers compared to Gretzky.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
No, he really didn't. Kucherov signed his new contract in 2019 after scoring 100, 128 (MVP) and finally pacing 103 points in his contract season.

Nothing about Kucherov's playoff performances dictated his contract terms.
I am assuming he was talking about how Kucherov did not play in the regular season, but still got paid, then performed in the playoffs.

Therefore "got paid for his playoff performance"

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

upload_2021-8-3_14-18-32.gif

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Hey Avs fans, please enjoy this film featuring ALL of Makar's best plays this year. Literally all of them. To win arguments, or just to enjoy on a quiet evening with a fine glass of scotch (or Ukrainian Riesling).

If you enjoy it, please share it far and wide, and 'Subscribe' if you want to see more like it. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be included in Series 2 again next year, along with Nathan MacKinnon.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Hey Avs fans, please enjoy this film featuring ALL of Makar's best plays this year. Literally all of them. To win arguments, or just to enjoy on a quiet evening with a fine glass of scotch (or Ukrainian Riesling).

If you enjoy it, please share it far and wide, and 'Subscribe' if you want to see more like it. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be included in Series 2 again next year, along with Nathan MacKinnon.

46 minute video… but it’s all Cale Makar?

upload_2021-8-12_16-12-31.gif

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Thanks for leaving the original commentary on and not include any lame country music.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->