Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Burakovsky

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
As the year went on and he gained his confidence and just started putting puck on net, he started to really catch fire.

Hard telling how much better he can be over a full season when he starts the season confident in his abilities and knowing what he can do. Playoffs were a glimpse into that future.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Sometimes when I watch Burakovsky I like to remember how desperate we all were for someone who could actually shoot the puck well outside of the top line. He's such a please to watch with the puck on his stick too.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
I had forgotten how many of his goals were off MacKinnon passes. That makes me want to see them play together next season.
Yes, it was a great marriage on that line when he was in there with Mac.

I do wonder if the high octane line of Mac, Burk and Rant with a second big line of Gabe, Kadri and Saad would be best.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

I do wonder if the high octane line of Mac, Burk and Rant with a second big line of Gabe, Kadri and Saad would be best.

I was an advocate for Saad as a possibility. So much versatility. The two way game can compliment any line. And, like Burakovsky, he can also play both wings. Saad isn’t the best finisher though.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

I was an advocate for Saad as a possibility. So much versatility. The two way game can compliment any line. And, like Burakovsky, he can also play both wings. Saad isn’t the best finisher though.

Given how well Mac performed with different wingers last season, I think I'd like to see them try Saad-Mac-Bura.

Bura and Mac can carry the puck in, Mac and whoever is playing defense can pass the puck around, Saad can go to the dirty areas, and Bura can get himself open for a pass.

Meanwhile Landy-Kadri-Rantanen allows Rantanen to play a more primary role on the line a take on Mac's role I described above. Kadri can be the one getting open for a shot and Landy can go to the tough areas. You could of course switch Saad and Landeskog in these scenarios as well, but putting Kadri with the two top wingers could potentially create two dominant lines.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sure, but the themes I see on here every day are always "Every dollar not spent under the cap in a contending year is wasted" and "the team is X million below the cap, we could be so much better if we spent that money" just don't hold water after the Avs spent a season being Cup favorites despite being way under the cap.

Leaving the 3C hole didn't sit well with me.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Bura with the amazing shot, he's also an excellent skater. Nearly all the Goals involved Mack or Rants feeding him pucks.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I’m just being a smart ass

tenor.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya the depth is definitely missing him.

Not necessarily Bura himself that's missing, but we're missing that role he fills. He was sort of the go to sniper and the main secondary production player after the top line.

Without him, guys are having to move one spot further up in the roster and for some guys it is putting them into roles they just aren't capable of filling.

He should be back here very soon which will help us a lot moving forward.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ya the depth is definitely missing him.

Not necessarily Bura himself that's missing, but we're missing that role he fills. He was sort of the go to sniper and the main secondary production player after the top line.

Without him, guys are having to move one spot further up in the roster and for some guys it is putting them into roles they just aren't capable of filling.

He should be back here very soon which will help us a lot moving forward.
If an injury to Burakovsky is all it takes to throw our entire bottom 9 out of sync to the point that they are completely dysfunctional, then we have a serious problem.

If Donskoi/Nichuskin/Saad aren't capable of filling in on the 2nd line then perhaps we should be looking at making a change/addition via trade.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Players age quickly in this league. I’m expecting some guy to pick things up. Kadri in particular. But it also wouldn’t be shocking to see guys like Naz. Donskoi and Saad taking a step back at this point of their careers. Donskoi in particular has always been bad but he’s slower now too. We saw Bellemare slow down as last season went on and he hasn’t gotten back to where he was since.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
If an injury to Burakovsky is all it takes to throw our entire bottom 9 out of sync to the point that they are completely dysfunctional, then we have a serious problem.

If Donskoi/Nichuskin/Saad aren't capable of filling in on the 2nd line then perhaps we should be looking at making a change/addition via trade.

Saad isn’t looking like a good acquisition thus far, hopefully he starts putting in more effort soon. And hopefully Kadri/Bellemare/Donskoi are just rusty. They have been abysmal. JTC/Jost have been more or less what you’d expect, but you can’t have them and a bunch of other passengers

Reactions: Richard88

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Both Saad and Kadri have averaged more than half a point per game for their careers. Saad managing that pace on two different teams. He’s got 1 point in 5 games. Not sure what’s up w Kadri but he was around his normal pace last year and aside from a few horrid defensive plays was productive in the playoffs. It’s not like either has always been on their teams top line either. I suspect they’ll both pick it up eventually.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->