Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Barberio

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
More-or-less agreed. I like Barberio, he seems like a good dude and from my talks with AJ (who spent a good amount of time around him last year), Barbs LOVES being on this team.

2 years is fine, even with the Alt re-signing (who I still think is thought of more for the AHL and for spot-duty call-ups).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm ok with this, as long as they're expecting him to be a #7/8. He's good in that role.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Are they saying boo, or Boo-arberio?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm ok with this, as long as they're expecting him to be a #7/8. He's good in that role.

If the Avs can bring someone else in that's great but I don't mind Barberio on the bottom pair. He makes his share of mistakes but his skating and puck moving ability was missed quite a bit when he was hurt.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
1.45m is plenty fine for Barbie. Now hopefully he can stay healthier than he was last season...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm guessing they re-sign Nemeth eventually, then that leaves Nieto as the only vet left to re-up. I know some people want a certain slick-domed individual to be brought back as well but I think that would be a mistake.

I wish I could like this post 50 times. Also, "slick-domed" is very nice and polite but I still prefer "bald-headed ****".

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dont love it but also dont hate it I guess.

I really hope they dont plan on standing pat with the Defense next season, but it kind of looks like that's what they might be heading towards. Gonna have to hope Girard takes a big step next year and that Nemeth wasn't just a flash in the pan last season and can bring some consistency to his game as well.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
It is a good proactive move. In a perfect world they are able to get Dehaan/Carlson and we all say oh that Barbs contract is unnecessary. But in an imperfect world where the Avs strike out on both of those UFA dman I would rather they pay Barbs 1.45 million then scramble to sign a UFA replacement on July 2.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dont love it but also dont hate it I guess.

I really hope they dont plan on standing pat with the Defense next season, but it kind of looks like that's what they might be heading towards. Gonna have to hope Girard takes a big step next year and that Nemeth wasn't just a flash in the pan last season and can bring some consistency to his game as well.
I think they'll take a shot at a bigger target on D, and if they miss out they won't worry about it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Happy with the dollars, maybe not super thrilled about the extra year but he's versatile enough that he can be moved if need be.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
When healthy (and assuming we're not signing any D FAs) we have a Nemeth/Barbs 3rd pairing with Alt backing them up. That's probably the best depth to start a season for 10+ years. And cheapish too. Plus it gives the kids time to develop if necessary. No complains here - let the season begin.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad