Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm not a big believer that Joe "Drags His Feet" Sakic would trade Duchene even if he did put up 60 points this year. Sakic doesn't do anything even with a gun pointed to his head which is a decent quality to have as long as you know when to end the stand-off. There's no proof he does unless you believe that Sakic hasn't received a single fair offer since Duchene was available for trade back in 2015.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Exactly, the media makes **** up all the time, and people just eat it up like it is facts. Who knows how the negotiations are going. Maybe just maybe these opposing GMs are getting frustrated that their lowball offers aren't getting accepted, and they are pissed that Sakic won't take crap offers, so they are venting to the media. Make a good offer and you can have Duchene. It's funny how many teams are pursuing Duchene, but yet no GM wants to give up anything of value.

We've never really been given any info on any players other than Duchene. It's all speculation.

It's funny that you actually believe that all these teams are pursuing Duchene, and every single one of them is playing games trying to get Duchene with Nothing of value.

Some of you guys need to go back to economics 101 and learn about supply and demand.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
If Dutchy wanted to leave this badly (according to his agent's comments/reaction, being pissed off) he should have gotten his head out of his *** and stepped up, despite Bednar and an awful team. Not sure he didn't step up as a vocal leader in the dressing room, but sure as hell not point wise on the ice. I love Dutchy, don't get me wrong. That's why I wouldn't trade him desperately for some low picks and a mediocre top 4 D and B prospect. Although it might be the estimated value for him, due to HIS play, Sakic is in his full right to decline offers like these.

If you were to sell your house - knowing it's a great house with a above average foundation, some assets like a pool and it being selected in the top 20 of Canada (as in, Team Canada), and no offer you think is good enough, would you listen to your friends at the bar who push you to sell it for let's say, half of your asking price?

Dutchy should step up and earn his trade, as in: Play your frikking heart out and make sure GM's are willing to offer a Hanifin or Josi, since you'd be the superstar C they need.

If you are asking for twice what your house is worth then you should listen to your friends and sell for a fair price, especially if your house is losing value and you have to sell before its foreclosed on.

You do not determine the value of your home. Just like Sakic doesn't determine the value of Duchene. Both are based on the market.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
at this point it might be fair to guess that Duchene is the one who wants out, but he has too much respect for the organization to come out and demand a trade, and Joe simply doesn't want to trade him.

Duchene sees that the avs are in a rebuilding stage and he also recognizes that he won't be able to sustain his high level of play for too many more seasons, and wants to be part of a winning organization while he can still contribute at a first line/elite 2nd line rate

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Aren't they afraid that the term is too low? He will 100% bolt after that. Bad deal, 8 years would had been ok.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just more proof on the going rate for good young defensemen is pretty low, even if Z broke out his cap will be in the 5-5.5 range.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If you are asking for twice what your house is worth then you should listen to your friends and sell for a fair price, especially if your house is losing value and you have to sell before its foreclosed on.

You do not determine the value of your home. Just like Sakic doesn't determine the value of Duchene. Both are based on the market.

You surely determine the value of your house for yourself. If the market price is below your perceived value you don't sell.

The perceived Value of a good depends on the user.

For Duchene we are just witnessing a disconnect in value between the various potential users. For now there seems to be no bargaining range.

bear16

Dec 20, 2013
Latest Duchene proposal on the main board...

PIT - Duchene
COL - Kessel & Maatta

:popcorn:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know it doesn't hit a lot of requirements... but I do that deal in a heartbeat. Kessel is still a damn good player and will be for 3++ more years. Maata for his issues is still a top 4D.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I know it doesn't hit a lot of requirements... but I do that deal in a heartbeat. Kessel is still a damn good player and will be for 3++ more years. Maata for his issues is still a top 4D.

Yeah, me too. Pittsburgh would be nuts to do that, though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Plus we could probably flip kessel and maata for more futures individually than we could Duchene. If Sakic got replaced by someone ready to wheel n deal.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland

I get that, but if the market isn't there, would you sell a house for half the price it's worth just because you want a change? If someone would want to buy your place and offer half the price you have in mind, would you do it? Because you'd get left by your wife and kids, lose custody, lose your dog and cat, and be in an apartment all by yourself, watching the Avs which doesn't add much value to your situation.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Just more proof on the going rate for good young defensemen is pretty low, even if Z broke out his cap will be in the 5-5.5 range.

The Canes have leverage. He's technically their best dman but they have so much depth there. We have little leverage over Zadorov, he knows we need him badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->