Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Is Ryan Murray worth Matt Duchene? Hell no. But as the centerpiece of a bigger deal I don't mind him at all. He's young, already a top 4 LHD and the fact that he got hurt that much helps his situation IMO. It's very possible that he becomes a late bloomer because of early injuries that slowed down his development.

I'd take Murray over Carlo, Hamonic, CDH and almost all the non-blue chippers mentioned in previous rumors.

The 4 players who would be suitable main pieces for Duchene would be Werenski/Jones/PLD/Wennberg and a HM to Bjork+.

While Carlo isn't that great, and Hamonic and CDH are too old, all of them would be far better than Murray.

You sound like you are trying to sell Siemens to another team. Neither of them turned out, it happens, no reason to pretend like they are magically going to get better.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Today is Sunday, not a lot of teams do stuff today. They're playing golf, spending them with the family, etc. I think we'll see more Duchene talk pick up tomorrow.

I would be disgusted right now if I was a Caps friend, who my friend is.

He told me they kept Burakovsky over Johansson, yikes if that's true. MoJo is like ten times the player Andre is.

If I could pick any player with huge breakout potential it would be Burakovsky. The kid is flat out sneaky good and we are going to see him reach a new level with an elevated role.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I have wondered for a long time if Sakic has ever considered retaining salary on Duchene. Matt is not overpaid, but lets just say they retained 50% hypothetically, making his cap hit 3 million.

What would the Hawks give, what would the Kings give? Other cap teams?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The 4 players who would be suitable main pieces for Duchene would be Werenski/Jones/PLD/Wennberg and a HM to Bjork+.

While Carlo isn't that great, and Hamonic and CDH are too old, all of them would be far better than Murray.

You sound like you are trying to sell Siemens to another team. Neither of them turned out, it happens, no reason to pretend like they are magically going to get better.

Ridiculous. Murray isn't Siemens, he's better than Zadorov and only 6 months older.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I have wondered for a long time if Sakic has ever considered retaining salary on Duchene. Matt is not overpaid, but lets just say they retained 50% hypothetically, making his cap hit 3 million.

Only player I want from the Kings is Vilardi :laugh:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is it just me, or are salaries skyrocketing this offseason? The MacKinnon deal looks really solid now.

People predicted the salaries would skyrocket with McDavid's contract because the biggest superstars are the ones setting the tone. Looks like it already started though...

Someone else mentionned that according to the cap, the salaries were stalled for too long and they needed to go up. We'll see where it goes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ridiculous. Murray isn't Siemens, he's better than Zadorov and only 6 months older.

...Yeah no, he's most certainly not.

You're massively overrating Murray. He's a bottom pairing Dman right now. His value is solely engraved in his draft status.

I mean yes he does still have potential, but along with the injury issues and his stagnating in the NHL over the years, he's someone the Avs need to stay far, far away from.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

1) Other cap teams don't have the assets the Avs would want.

2) Duchene is absolutely not overpaid, have you seen what other young centers are going for right now? Kuzy:7.8, Johansen: looking for 8+

Its a non issue, because the cap isn't whats holding it up, its the scarcity of assets the Avs are looking for. If the Avs got what they wanted and needed to keep like 5% then sure, but no team is going to want to add on a high quality asset on top of the already high price they have to pay in order to save the 3m cap.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

You're massively overrating Murray. He's a bottom pairing Dman right now. His value is solely engraved in his draft status.

I mean yes he does still have potential, but along with the injury issues and his stagnating in the NHL over the years, he's someone the Avs need to stay far, far away from.

His numbers have also been trending down year after year

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I saw this post from a poster named Seafoam over on the Islanders board. Seafoam was recapping an Arthur Staple radio interview and he discussed Ilya Sorokin and the possibilities of him leaving the KHL.

It doesn't really mean anything, but I thought it was interesting.

Here is the post:

"Staple said that dealing with KHL players is a very sticky situation. Sorokin was recently in Colorado, and posted a picture of him fishing with Varlamov. Staple said that Sorokin had really nothing left to see with NYI after attending rookie camp last year, and had a long season in the KHL. With his sights set on Olympics, NYI is giving him some space."

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

So is Zadorov, on most other teams.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Murray was doing very well last year when he played a full season (and started this year on the first pairing witth Jones). He was doing quite well also this year before breaking his hand. He is massively underrated because of his draft status now. We'll call that the Erik Johnson syndrome.

Also, he's currently a more stable and trustworthy defenseman than Zadorov and would immediately jump ahead of him on the LHD chart. Zadorov isn't Werenski.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Jones carried Murray. Carlsson and PLD + 1st should be the target

So in other words, 3 first round picks for Duchene? Yeah no GM is gonna do that. We'll be fortunate to get PLD + 1st let alone more on top. I'd take that deal.

Johansson just got a 2nd and a 3rd rounder to give you an idea, he outperformed Duchene last year and he might not have the same brand value amongst GM's and they knew Washington was in a corner cap-wise but the difference between Johansson and Duchene is no longer as big as it once was.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So in other words, 3 first round picks for Duchene? Yeah no GM is gonna do that. We'll be fortunate to get PLD + 1st let alone more on top. I'd take that deal.

Johansson just got a 2nd and a 3rd rounder to give you an idea, he outperformed Duchene last year and he might not have the same brand value amongst GM's and they knew Washington was in a corner cap-wise but the difference between Johansson and Duchene is no longer as big as it once was.

Sorry but Duchene and Johansson are on two totally different levels.

Johansson just had a career year on the best team in the league. Up to that point his best season was 47pts.

Johansson is realistically a 40-50pts player, probably closer to 40 on the Devils next season, when he can't ride the coattails of Ovechkin, Bacakstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie etc.

Duchene is a much better player, and should command much more than what Johansson returned.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Murray was doing very well last year when he played a full season (and started this year on the first pairing witth Jones). He was doing quite well also this year before breaking his hand. He is massively underrated because of his draft status now. We'll call that the Erik Johnson syndrome.

Also, he's currently a more stable and trustworthy defenseman than Zadorov and would immediately jump ahead of him on the LHD chart. Zadorov isn't Werenski.

You wanna make a bet?

Who is better in 3 years, Murray or Zads, loser deletes there account.

I'm game if you are, because there is no way I'm losing it (Picking Zads btw).

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Yeah 3 1st rounders is crazy. The Avs should move Duchene to NSH for Ekholm, Arvidsson and Saros. Thats only 3 4th rounders worth of value so it should be an easy yes.

But seriously though, that such a foolish way to evaluate things. Players boom and bust like crazy. When a player was drafted is irrelevant, only what they end up being.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Jones carried Murray. Carlsson and PLD + 1st should be the target

According to leftwinglock.com, he shared the ice with Seth Jones 9.11% of the time, compared to a combined 75.93% with Markus Nutivaara and Jack Johnson (mostly the former).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->