Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If some of you would believe Joe when he's speaking, more people would understand the situation. He's saying he doesn't have to trade Duchene and he's acting like a GM who doesn't want to trade him. It wasn't Sakic who was going to the Canes' table at the draft, it was Francis who was going to the AVS' table.

It's exactly like if a GM would call another team and ask for a good player they don't want to trade.

eg: someone would call Poile and ask for Josi:

- "Yeah he's not for trade"
- "But I want him"
- "Well make me an offer I can't refuse"
- "What do you want?"
- "*Asking for overpayment*"
- "I'll give you so, so and so"
- "Nope"

The insiders aren't talking every single day about a guy getting traded when it's at "blow my socks off with an offer" level. That's true for basically every single player.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I think Sakic has painted himself in a corner since he imagined a Duchene trade to solve our defense problems. Someone needs to talk him out of it and just take the best value. Any value. But I don't know if anyone got that much hand. You must have hand to talk a stubborn GM out of silliness.

Am I wrong in not minding Murray being centerpiece of a deal
He checks off on the important marks
If we can do a Bjork and some picks that should be good

We are talking negatively about Sakic before even knowing what was offered for MD. CBJ included Murray and Jenner for Avs, but that's all that is known. Is he the best piece coming out?
Who knows, maybe Sakic really did get poor offers for MD.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We are talking negatively about Sakic before even knowing what was offered for MD. CBJ included Murray and Jenner for Avs, but that's all that is known. Is he the best piece coming out?
Who knows, maybe Sakic really did get poor offers for MD.

Link?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Today is Sunday, not a lot of teams do stuff today. They're playing golf, spending them with the family, etc. I think we'll see more Duchene talk pick up tomorrow.

I would be disgusted right now if I was a Caps friend, who my friend is.

He told me they kept Burakovsky over Johansson, yikes if that's true. MoJo is like ten times the player Andre is.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Since we might be getting low balled in trading MD, maybe the best course of action is to ride him in next season with better, younger linemates (with Jost, compher or our other prospects) instead of Comeau or Sodenberg.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He told me they kept Burakovsky over Johansson, yikes if that's true. MoJo is like ten times the player Andre is.

Well Bura is 22 years old and with loads of potential. With the scouting ability of the caps and how deep 2018 this deal isn't bad at all.

Hell they had no choice considering the cap.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is Ryan Murray worth Matt Duchene? Hell no. But as the centerpiece of a bigger deal I don't mind him at all. He's young, already a top 4 LHD and the fact that he got hurt that much helps his situation IMO. It's very possible that he becomes a late bloomer because of early injuries that slowed down his development.

I'd take Murray over Carlo, Hamonic, CDH and almost all the non-blue chippers mentioned in previous rumors.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
We can blame Sakic all we want, but if the offers are garbage then nor do Sakic or Co can do anything much about. MD is still one of our best players. Hopefully he can rebound mentally, attend a few psych sessions or whatever is needed to get back mentally.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well Bura is 22 years old and with loads of potential. With the scouting ability of the caps and how deep 2018 this deal isn't bad at all.

Hell they had no choice considering the cap.
My friend and I talked a lot about the Caps and both of us agree that Bura is that type of player who has endless amount of talent, but the cord for the talent machine has a three prong plug for a two prong socket. He just looks so wasteful out there, especially his shooting accuracy.

For all the *****in we do on our Avs players for their shooting, Burakovsky is like ten times worst than the worst player on the Avs.

He's a player I would trade in an instant if I had him on my team because I think he is an endless sort of aneurysms and that he would fetch a decent return.

I rarely miss anything on here. I have doubts that anyone credible ever flat out said Jenner and Murray are currently offered
Yeah he's probably quoting something like Eklund or Fourth Period or something even worst. Bob, but not Bob McKenzie, Bob Incarcerated or whatever his name is.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
You missed that rumor, lol? The rumor concluded that Sakic is not interested in Jenner, what so ever.

Now it's a rumour? 10 minutes ago you were posturing this as a fact? Please provide the link to said rumour.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Today is Sunday, not a lot of teams do stuff today. They're playing golf, spending them with the family, etc. I think we'll see more Duchene talk pick up tomorrow.

Duchene's not getting traded.

We got to see firsthand, last season, how he plays with trade rumors and speculation around him--and it was crap. So Joe's going to just be willing to ride in to next season, allow him to likely come close to a repeat of last season (points wise), and thus further depreciate his value.

I don't think anything is going to happen with CBJ or Nashville. Joe seems content to ride this out into next season and continue not getting the offers he believes he should get for MD, and the cycle will just continue repeating itself until he leaves in 2 years.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah he's probably quoting something like Eklund or Fourth Period or something even worst. Bob, but not Bob McKenzie, Bob Incarcerated or whatever his name is.

No. And it was Carlsson not Jenner.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Is Ryan Murray worth Matt Duchene? Hell no. But as the centerpiece of a bigger deal I don't mind him at all. He's young, already a top 4 LHD and the fact that he got hurt that much helps his situation IMO. It's very possible that he becomes a late bloomer because of early injuries that slowed down his development.

I'd take Murray over Carlo, Hamonic, CDH and almost all the non-blue chippers mentioned in previous rumors.

Trading for Murray as a main piece back is too much of a risk. He has been injured a lot and most of the other younger prospect D have overtaken him and left him 5-6 Dman in Columbus. If he does not prove himself in the next year or 2, he might not be a Blue Jacket any longer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My friend and I talked a lot about the Caps and both of us agree that Bura is that type of player who has endless amount of talent, but the cord for the talent machine has a three prong plug for a two prong socket. He just looks so wasteful out there, especially his shooting accuracy.

For all the *****in we do on our Avs players for their shooting, Burakovsky is like ten times worst than the worst player on the Avs.

He's a player I would trade in an instant if I had him on my team because I think he is an endless sort of aneurysms and that he would fetch a decent return.

You could switch Bura with Mackinnon and nobody would tell the difference from the post.:laugh:

I think you're wrong about Bura think he'll be a 60 point player which is what Mojo is but he's younger and cheaper. All this move was about is $$.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Sakic just like to pull the old wwe heel move. Talk, walk up to his opponent outside the ring acting like hes ready to wrestle, then retreats

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Trading for Murray as a main piece back is too much of a risk. He has been injured a lot and most of the other younger prospect D have overtaken him and left him 5-6 Dman in Columbus. If he does not prove himself in the next year or 2, he might not be a Blue Jacket any longer.

So was Varly but we still did it

And he's still getting injured so I guess you got a point

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
So was Varly but we still did it

And he's still getting injured so I guess you got a point

Varly showed a lot of promise when he wasn't injured though, Murray is just bad even when healthy. If it wasn't for his draft status he would barely be in the league right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->