Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170629/blue-jackets--jackets-are-linked-to-some-big-names

So Portzline speculating that the Avs would have asked for Murray + Jenner + maybe a 1st...

Not sure I want Jenner over a couple of their prospects but if they get that 1st included, I would be pretty ok with that deal...

If we can't get PLD or Bjorkstrand with Murray, I could live with Jenner...though I'd personally prefer Fiala & Kamenev + or Sorokin and those 1sts if Joe could wrangle either of those offers; never mind that Hanifin dream.

Jenner could compliment a future Landeskog - Jost line that does the heavy lifting for MacK n Mikko...but I absolutely wouldn't include Bigras / Morrison / Beaudin on our end if those two blue chip forward prospects are off the table from theirs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What is the worst case scenario other than Duchene not being being traded?

Sakic settling on picks and prospects only from like a NY Islanders package, and those picks ending up in the late twenties, and not ending up with at least one impact player out of the deal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What is the worst case scenario other than Duchene not being being traded?

For me? Murray + Milano + 1st

I view Milano the way I viewed Greg when we got him; and would expect no more from him than that; with duchene in tow, that 1st would be well into the 20s.

So Murray would be the most valuable piece by a good margin; and that to me would be the epitomy of Joe stubbornly ignoring value for the sake of being able to say he got that young LHD he needed to be able move Duchene...even though Zads should surpass that young LHD by the turn of the decade.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
For me? Murray + Milano + 1st

I view Milano the way I viewed Greg when we got him; and would expect no more from him than that; with duchene in tow, that 1st would be well into the 20s.

So Murray would be the most valuable piece by a good margin; and that to me would be the epitomy of Joe stubbornly ignoring value for the sake of being able to say he got that young LHD he needed to be able move Duchene...even though Zads should surpass that young LHD by the turn of the decade.

Still take that over Maatta + Sheary+ 1st personally quite easily but yeah both of them would suck and make a mockery of the "high asking price" everyone seems to say Sakic has...

But yeah I want nothing to do with Milano as well.

Ideally I want Murray , 1st + atleast one of Dubois (drop the 1st if he is involved) /Bjorkstrand/ or maybe Carlsson in return (not sure if he is good enough offensively to become an Ekholm kind of guy but if he is, I would cerrtainly take him). Maybe Abramov if our scouts really believe he can overcome his size. But I'd rather not.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Sakic settling on picks and prospects only from like a NY Islanders package, and those picks ending up in the late twenties, and not ending up with at least one impact player out of the deal.

I think worst case is that the team starts looking like they are competing and Sakic does what the Avs have been doing the last few years, trades for Dutch for a short-term vet.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Still take that over Maatta + Sheary+ 1st personally quite easily but yeah both of them would suck and make a mockery of the "high asking price" everyone seems to say Sakic has...

But yeah I want nothing to do with Milano as well.

Ideally I want Murray , 1st + atleast one of Dubois (drop the 1st if he is involved) /Bjorkstrand/ or maybe Carlsson in return (not sure if he is good enough offensively to become an Ekholm kind of guy but if he is, I would cerrtainly take him). Maybe Abramov if our scouts really believe he can overcome his size. But I'd rather not.

I guess the only hope with Maata is that his injuries have slowed him down and he manages to fully recover from them. At the same time, that could be he hope for Murray as well. I'd actually be okay with gambling on Murray, I liked him leading up to his draft. I still think he's got the smarts and ability to be a very reliable #3. That's a type of player that could look amazing beside Makar if Makar manages to actually hit on his potential.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think worst case is that the team starts looking like they are competing and Sakic does what the Avs have been doing the last few years, trades for Dutch for a short-term vet.

I guess there is that, but in the end it's the same result. Getting absolutely nothing. That one just puts much more of the fault directly on Sakic lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
cgf said:
We really should still use our 1st next year on a LHD if we get Murray without sending back Bigras. If it comes to it we can move Murray or Bigras down the road, if one is pushed out by our 2018 1st, Zadorov, and the other.

I fully agree with that but it's a tricky situation. Say we pick 4 again and the next best LHD is ranked 10 or 12, you can't reach like that.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Haha exactly this. My whole Duchene for Rick Nash paranoia from a year ago sprat deal.

I think we will get a return like Rick Nash got. Hopefully we don't get Rick Nash himself.

Ee employ the guy that played a huge part in making that deal and the Jackets might just be our best dance partner for Duchene right now..

Also Sakic seems to insist on his roster player coming back so I would say there is a pretty big chance that something similar to the Nash deal happens.

Murray+ Jenner would be exactly the kind of deal I could our "quality FO" settling for. Especially after the ROR deal (which was all futures ) I could see them go the other way on this one.

And honestly after thinking about it , I would hate it if we don't get their 2018 1st as well...

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully something gets done in the next few days. It seems like everyday there's talk of a new team wanting a center and there's like 10 teams chasing a 38 year old Joe Thornton right now. Something has to happen with Duchene with so many teams needing help.

I love all the rumours and speculation but this is a strange one to follow. You have reports of Sakic apparently not wanting certain players because they're too old and asking for youth. Then other reports of him insisting on even older players from a different team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Meh on a deal with Columbus but if it happens, I would hope Sakic would get Abramov from them as part of the package.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It is amazing to me the lack of activity in the trade market. I expected more activity with the ED this offseason.

It just seems like the trade market and the UFA market continue to disappear.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It is amazing to me the lack of activity in the trade market. I expected more activity with the ED this offseason.

It just seems like the trade market and the UFA market continue to disappear.

NHL insiders once again appear to be out to lunch. Remember when Friedman and Lebrun were talking about this maybe being one of the busiest off-seasons in NHL history? Or even McKenzie was hyping it up?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think we will get a return like Rick Nash got. Hopefully we don't get Rick Nash himself.

Ee employ the guy that played a huge part in making that deal and the Jackets might just be our best dance partner for Duchene right now..

Also Sakic seems to insist on his roster player coming back so I would say there is a pretty big chance that something similar to the NSH deal happens.

Murray+ Jenner would be exactly the kind of deal I could our "quality FO" settling for. Especially after the ROR deal (which was all futures ) I could see them go the other way on this one.

And honestly after thinking about it , I would hate it if we don't get their 2018 1st as well...

I think this is fairly accurate. Nash was 28 when traded, Duchene will be 27 next year. Nash+crappy prospect+3rd round pick returned a 26 year old Dubinsky, a 24 year old Anisimov both were 40-50 pts roster players, Tim Erixon a well thought of prospect at the time and a 1st round pick.

I think the Avs if they are looking for defense are looking at one top 4 23-25 year old dman (they hold more value than forwards), a top prospect and a 1st.

I stil maintain a CDH+Barzal+tolerable younger (under 25) roster forward or another ok prospect+1st for Duchene+Bigras+ conditional 3rd that turns into a 4th if Duchene resigns.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Historically this isn't a busy time for trades IIRC. Reason Subban was traded at this time last year was because his NMC was kicking in on July 1st. The Hall/Larsson swap was pretty much out of nowhere.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The trade market is pretty much always hype. Around the same number of deals always tends to happen. People were just expecting Vegas to wheel and deal, and to an extent they have... just not like people expected. GMGM hasn't been really known as a good trader throughout his years, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I still think Murray+Jenner+2018 1st is a pretty good deal. I posted basically that proposal a few weeks ago. I guess it depends on what you think of Murray. It gives Joe two solid young, NHL experienced guys and he can sell such a deal as getting younger while also improving the balance of the current group. Jenner would be a fan favorite, he's a leader, he can play wing or center, he popped in 30 goals just a season ago and as mentioned, he could really, really help Landeskog with the physical heavy-lifting. I guess like Landy sometimes he gets a little too aggressive but we need some of that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Latest from Friedman:

GOALIES

Early predictions are: Chad Johnson to Buffalo, Brian Elliott to Philadelphia, Steve Mason to Winnipeg, Ryan Miller to Anaheim, Antti Niemi to Pittsburgh, Anders Nilsson to Vancouver.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-free-agency-buzz-rumblings-around-league/

There are bigger issues right now but we're going to need a goalie too. Maybe Bernier on a cheap one-year deal?

Also.....

Nashville GM David Poile said at the draft he would likely go to free agency to address his needs at forward. If he does actually sign a top-four defender, you have to think it’s trade time (cough, Matt Duchene, cough).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad