Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIII|Two Weeks Away from the 19-20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Same management group traded Ror for not much. :dunno:

I think Zadorov and Compher and that 2nd (even if it ends up not panning out) are a little more than "not much" but to each their own.

I mean, I get it, watching O'Reilly snag the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and Selke in one fell swoop has led to some buyers' remorse, but I don't know if we have to do a wholesale narrative change as a result. Buffalo didn't even get a fraction back of what they dealt to get ROR in the first place.

Reactions: Barklez

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think Zadorov and Compher and that 2nd (even if it ends up not panning out) are a little more than "not much" but to each their own.

I mean, I get it, watching O'Reilly snag the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and Selke in one fell swoop has led to some buyers' remorse, but I don't know if we have to do a wholesale narrative change as a result. Buffalo didn't even get a fraction back of what they dealt to get ROR in the first place.

Zadorov is a guy who can be a rock, or a complete bum. And there have already been plenty of rumblings that they aren't all that hot about him. As for Compher, he is a average 3rd liner.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It was clear in my book when he signed that 4 year contract that he wasn't staying long term. People are quick to forget the circumstances around that contract.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Zadorov is a guy who can be a rock, or a complete bum. And there have already been plenty of rumblings that they aren't all that hot about him. As for Compher, he is a average 3rd liner.

Oh I'd say he's an above average 3rd liner/utility guy, but again, it's just a matter of opinion. It obviously wasn't a great return, but what can ya do. Zads has more or less hit his ceiling, but we've also seen how this defense looks when he's not in the lineup, so there's that. We'll see what happens when they sit down for contact talks.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
If you have a chance to get Horvat for Barrie with some details figured out because of contract situations, you do it. I'd also do that Horvat + 10 for Barrie + 4. There are enough good players that we could still draft a quality forward like Pod or Krebs at 10 and whoever else at 16. Horvat is the perfect fit on this team and also one of my favourite players

Reactions: Ararana

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Contract notwithstanding Tyson - which shouldn't be a problem for the Canucks - is a better player than Horvat. In adding a 4th to him you are essentially risking trading two players better than Horvat for Horvat. As a huge fan of his, I feel both Byram and Turcotte have higher potential than Bowie and should be better going forward.

If they really have a hard on for him, I'd do a signed Barrie and Kerfoot for Horvat/Boeser and Roussel.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Duchene, ROR, Barrie, this would be the end of one of the best draft classes this franchise has had and should've been the catalyst for our rebuild v1 if we didn't mess it up so badly.

I'm not opposed to the idea of trading him because of the potential assest we gain but I think hes a good locker room guy and clearly one of Mackinnons good friends. The return must be substantial.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If you have a chance to get Horvat for Barrie with some details figured out because of contract situations, you do it. I'd also do that Horvat + 10 for Barrie + 4. There are enough good players that we could still draft a quality forward like Pod or Krebs at 10 and whoever else at 16. Horvat is the perfect fit on this team and also one of my favourite players

I wouldn't do the Horvat+10 for Barrie+4. If you're looking at it right now, Barrie's probably a more impactful player, for his position, than Horvat. If you look at it from a futures perspective, I think the 4th has a good if not great chance at being as good as Horvat. Don't think the 10th will become as good as Barrie is.

If they want to do Barrie+Kerfoot/16th for Horvat+something I'd be down.

Reactions: mapletreemarty

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Would you do Barrie and the #16 for Boeser and pick/player? Wonder if there’s any temptation to reunite Boeser and Jost. Much rather target Horvat of course but I would make him untouchable if I’m the Canucks.

UFA-Jost-Boeser second line?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If a deal like Barrie + 4 for Horvat + 10 actually happened.. we'd definitely have to take a D at 10. Going from our current D + potentially Byram to our current D minus Barrie doesn't have me as happy.

Reactions: Perratrooper

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It's half serious, but if this reports are true and they are indeed shopping him isn't this an indictment of this group as well? I mean this group traded Radar. Let McClemet walk for nothing. They let Stastny walk for free and now would be looking to trade their best D to fill the hole they created by destroying the center depth in two years.

I personally don’t really blame Sakic or the current management for anything they did while Roy was still here. His philosophy and the philosophy of management was so different from what is going on now, IMO. In fact, I think the biggest mistake Sakic had made yet was bringing in Roy in the first place.

About Barrie -I think we just have different opinions as to how much he is worth, and maybe how much it will be to get him signed. I just don’t value him as much and don’t think I will want to pay him what he’s going to command. That’s ok, and my voice is not the end all be all, but that is probably where are opinions are going to differ.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Would you do Barrie and the #16 for Boeser and pick/player? Wonder if there’s any temptation to reunite Boeser and Jost. Much rather target Horvat of course but I would make him untouchable if I’m the Canucks.

UFA-Jost-Boeser second line?
We need Horvat more than we need Boeser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad