Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXIV|Planning for MacK Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Here's the gameplan:
1) Trade Zadorov, get some anorexic midget back
2) Trade Landeskog, get hyped about the return
3) A bunch of failure, get amped about the high picks
4) MacKinnon demands trade, get jacked about possible trade return
5) Young kids start looking good, extrapolate this to clear championship wins in the future
6) Trade MacKinnon, get really stoked on the return
7) Continue to fail miserably.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Speaking of Z.. I was surprised to see hes only got 4 apples. I usually see Calvert and the boys out when Z is, does he ever get time with the big line?
Hopefully he gets a top 4 gig next year while Makar is adjusting... on how to carry a pair. Doesn't get much heavier than Cole

EJ is regressing quite a bit I don't know if we would like the return much at all tho besides the cap space

I wish they'd just give Zads a big 'ol leash and tell him to just go. Those games when he wants to be in charge and is carrying the puck with authority he looks brilliant. When he tries to play it safe he looks bad.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Here's the gameplan:
1) Trade Zadorov, get some anorexic midget back
2) Trade Landeskog, get hyped about the return
3) A bunch of failure, get amped about the high picks
4) MacKinnon demands trade, get jacked about possible trade return
5) Young kids start looking good, extrapolate this to clear championship wins in the future
6) Trade MacKinnon, get really stoked on the return
7) Continue to fail miserably.

tenor.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wish they'd just give Zads a big 'ol leash and tell him to just go. Those games when he wants to be in charge and is carrying the puck with authority he looks brilliant. When he tries to play it safe he looks bad.

Is it leash or is it noticing how he is playing and the staff feeding him minutes?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
9 of Landeskog's goals have won us games, that's 9 out of 31 game winners.

When was the last time it wasn't Landy answering for the bad losses?
When was the last time you watched the postgame interviews?

Do you feel we've been better without him?
It's pretty much entirely not on him.
Come on let's be real Landy is the definition of company man. Every loss it the same old same old, cliche responses. Never said he didn't answer questions after a loss, just said that he gives standard we didn't play well enough to win answers.

I'm not worried about Landeskog's stats, you're right, statistically he has done well this year. But I could give two shits about his stats. I care about wins and losses. And here we are at the end of another Landeskog captained year where we miss the playoffs. Because let's be real playoffs are going to be dumb luck at this point if we happen to qualify.

Do you really think a team captained by Crosby or Toews for example would have gone through a basically 2 month losing streak? Absolutely not, something would have been said and done by those guys to right the ship. Instead we have company man Landy, who looks pretty, is good role model on how to conduct yourself off ice, puts on a good face and can say the right things, but then nothing changes on ice.

I just don't understand the majority of this fan base. Aren't you guys sick and tired of watching the same losing season play out every single year with the same leadership core guys. For me it's getting tiresome watching the same core guys lose every year. At some point, something has to give. Eventually you have to point the finger at the players. Maybe Landy is a good leader, on paper it doesn't look that way since all we do is miss the playoffs, but maybe it's his leadership style that doesn't fit well here. I don't know. All I know is that in his time as captain we have yet to even win one playoff series. Not a single one.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Do you really think a team captained by Crosby or Toews for example would have gone through a basically 2 month losing streak?

Weren’t the Blackhawks literally one of the worst teams in the league at one point this year? And it wasn’t until a coaching change and some trades did the team turn it around?

Reactions: Miri and Barklez

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Come on let's be real Landy is the definition of company man. Every loss it the same old same old, cliche responses. Never said he didn't answer questions after a loss, just said that he gives standard we didn't play well enough to win answers.

I'm not worried about Landeskog's stats, you're right, statistically he has done well this year. But I could give two ****s about his stats. I care about wins and losses. And here we are at the end of another Landeskog captained year where we miss the playoffs. Because let's be real playoffs are going to be dumb luck at this point if we happen to qualify.

Do you really think a team captained by Crosby or Toews for example would have gone through a basically 2 month losing streak? Absolutely not, something would have been said and done by those guys to right the ship. Instead we have company man Landy, who looks pretty, is good role model on how to conduct yourself off ice, puts on a good face and can say the right things, but then nothing changes on ice.

I just don't understand the majority of this fan base. Aren't you guys sick and tired of watching the same losing season play out every single year with the same leadership core guys. For me it's getting tiresome watching the same core guys lose every year. At some point, something has to give. Eventually you have to point the finger at the players. Maybe Landy is a good leader, on paper it doesn't look that way since all we do is miss the playoffs, but maybe it's his leadership style that doesn't fit well here. I don't know. All I know is that in his time as captain we have yet to even win one playoff series. Not a single one.
IMO the way they played during that 2-month period is the proof he is a very good leader. The team kept playing very well on most nights during that period. The goalies were the reason we kept losing. There is nothing he could have done about that unless you wanted him to go in net.

Yeah trade Landy...that would go well with the rest of the team.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's asking for a lot.

Personally, I don't think Z has a real high hockey IQ. There are insane physical tools there, but he can't keep his head in the game consistently and doesn't always know how to make correct reads. When he is on his game and it is all clicking, he looks like the version people envision of him. When it isn't clicking, he looks like a disaster. That said, even when he is playing bad, he can stabilize a bottom pairing well enough.

Reactions: GoNordiquesGo

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012

I'm not worried about Landeskog's stats, you're right, statistically he has done well this year. But I could give two ****s about his stats. I care about wins and losses. And here we are at the end of another Landeskog captained year where we miss the playoffs. Because let's be real playoffs are going to be dumb luck at this point if we happen to qualify.

I honestly dont see how everything can be on Landy. Was Bourque a bad captain in Boston? Is McDavid bad? One man can only do so much. Washington stuck with Ovie and got their cup.
Sakic not addressing our 2nd line.
Bednar not adjusting quick enough.
Poor goaltending.
Id put this season on those 3 things far more than Landy. Plus just as a player, he brings things to the game we cant really replace.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Personally, I don't think Z has a real high hockey IQ. There are insane physical tools there, but he can't keep his head in the game consistently and doesn't always know how to make correct reads. When he is on his game and it is all clicking, he looks like the version people envision of him. When it isn't clicking, he looks like a disaster. That said, even when he is playing bad, he can stabilize a bottom pairing well enough.

There are certain players that run completely on instinct and look great doing it, but when you try to make them think the game they look terrible. I'd say Zadorov is one of those guys. I'd love to pair him with a smarter, defensive guy that would just let him run around.

Reactions: cgf

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We both had this argument before but I'll say it again FTR. IMO Z's problem is focus not IQ. You associate both together, I see them as two different things. You can be the smartest person in the room and a lack of focus will sometimes let you make a mistake and make you look dumb. Like you said when he is on his game he is very good. The reason is IMO he knows where to go and what to do. That takes IQ to do that. When he is not on his game and making mistakes is usually when he is not moving his feet and looks disinterested like his mind is somewhere else. IMO it's not because he can't think the game, it's because sometimes he forgets to think. To me that is two fundamental difference. One is you have the IQ but not using while the other you don't have it to start with.

Again I know we don't agree on this but just wanted to state my opinion FTR.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I honestly dont see how everything can be on Landy. Was Bourque a bad captain in Boston? Is McDavid bad? One man can only do so much. Washington stuck with Ovie and got their cup.
Sakic not addressing our 2nd line.
Bednar not adjusting quick enough.
Poor goaltending.
Id put this season on those 3 things far more than Landy. Plus just as a player, he brings things to the game we cant really replace.
I'm not saying it is all on him. It's clearly not. But I do think he should shoulder a decent amount of the blame. Some people around here seem to think he is some untouchable God, and couldn't possibly be at fault for any of our failures.

But the fact is there are some leadership issues with this team. You wouldn't have consistent failure if you had good leaders. Eventually the ship would get righted because that is what good leaders do they figure it out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We both had this argument before but I'll say it again FTR. IMO Z's problem is focus not IQ. You associate both together, I see them as two different things. You can be the smartest person in the room and a lack of focus will sometimes let you make a mistake and make you look dumb. Like you said when he is on his game he is very good. The reason is IMO he knows where to go and what to do. That takes IQ to do that. When he is not on his game and making mistakes is usually when he is not moving his feet and looks disinterested like his mind is somewhere else. IMO it's not because he can't think the game, it's because sometimes he forgets to think. To me that is two fundamental difference. One is you have the IQ but not using while the other you don't have it to start with.

Again I know we don't agree on this but just wanted to state my opinion FTR.

I get what you're saying, but it is all kinda the same thing... IMO just putting a delineation on it to avoid labeling him as a low hockey IQ player.

As Soundwave stated there are players that rely on instinct to play and when they think it makes them look bad... IMO the players that get labeled with high IQ are the players with those great instincts. They can process the game and make decisions instinctually instead of having to think about it. If you have to process and think about it, the speed of the NHL will catch up to you in a hurry. If you look at games where Z really struggles, look at the pressure put on him when he has the puck.

Reactions: cgf

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Weren’t the Blackhawks literally one of the worst teams in the league at one point this year? And it wasn’t until a coaching change and some trades did the team turn it around?
Yep they were, coaching change had nothing to do with them getting better. You don't get better by firing a guy who has won 3 Cups in recent memory.

Their leadership core IMO is what changed the season. Toews and Kane mainly were sick of losing and are willing a weak on paper team. Might not make it but they were expected to be way worse than us and they are currently tied with us.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
He can say whatever cliche he wants, he has 2 Stanley Cup rings. Landy doesn't even have a playoff series win.
Crosby didn't win rings on his own. He had malkin fluery letang and alot of great depth help him get there. To your point I guess good management makes good leaders.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yep they were, coaching change had nothing to do with them getting better. You don't get better by firing a guy who has won 3 Cups in recent memory.

Their leadership core IMO is what changed the season. Toews and Kane mainly were sick of losing and are willing a weak on paper team. Might not make it but they were expected to be way worse than us and they are currently tied with us.

What changed the Hawks season was a coaching change to bring in a fresh perspective and an aggressive move to bring in a guy they believed would fit as a top 6 center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad