Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think much of Strome. Seen way too many of those big skilled guys that aren't fast enough or have the right intensity.

I like Perlini as one of those big 2nd/3rd line utility scorers.

Overall it seems like a fair trade.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't think much of Strome. Seen way too many of those big skilled guys that aren't fast enough or have the right intensity.

I like Perlini as one of those big 2nd/3rd line utility scorers.

Overall it seems like a fair trade.

Good trade for both teams, but simply because Chicago is in the Central, Strome is going to develop into a 60+ point player :sarcasm:

Ya i'm not a fan of Strome either, but he's still young and could break out. Sometimes a change in scenery is all players need.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well, Chicago trading another of their best young players in Schmaltz is good news. That team will be bad for ages if they keep trading away their future. Hope they trade us DeBrincat next.

Reactions: cgf and Foppberg

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Well, Chicago trading another of their best young players in Schmaltz is good news. That team will be bad for ages if they keep trading away their future. Hope they trade us DeBrincat next.

They got younger in this trade...

Schmaltz wasn't going to be the player to make or break the Hawks. While it's a very slim chance, if Perlini and Strome both develop that's an instant re-tool and they'll be back into the mix as a playoff bubble team.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Schmaltz wasn't going to be the player to make or break the Hawks. While it's a very slim chance, if Perlini and Strome both develop that's an instant re-tool and they'll be back into the mix as a playoff bubble team.
Agreed. Pretty low risk high reward for the Hawks especially if Strome lives up to his draft position.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well to be fair they traded one young player for 2 younger players.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think this is overall pretty good for Chicago...for them Strome is worth rolling the dice on. New environment, better team. Maybe playing with DeBrincat again will help him out a bit. I don't think Schmaltz is something for them to cry about losing. Will be a decent, good enough player long term I think, but I don't think it's a crippling loss.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird trade. Schmaltz is the best player in the deal but I have my doubts about him being the 20+ goal 50+ point player he was last season and he needs a new contract after this season. Perlini is nothing special but I guess he's a decent enough middle six winger. Strome hasn't shown anything and looks like a complete bust so far.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

That's a big if... Strome is a pure bust, never going to reach Schmaltz's level, plus his chemistry with Kane was unreal. IMO, the Hawks have up the best player in the trade and made themselves worse. I know their depth is terrible but this is spreading it really thin.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nick schmaltz isnt really that good. Perlini scored 17 goals last season on a bad team and strome has barely had a chance to prove himself.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This looks a lot like the Wolski/Mueller deal way back in the day, a trade of former first round players who simply haven't met expectations.

I suppose I like this from Chicago's perspective...they get a big power forward type to put in the top six and, well, maybe Strome and his ol' Erie Otters buddy Alex Debrincat will have some chemistry...but I'm guessing not. It's not like Chicago has ever really had a legit 2nd line C (Kane has pretty much been the stand-in during their prime years with a rotating cast of guys filling the official "center" position) so this is nothing new.

I don't get this one at all from Arizona's perspective though. Are they already giving up on Galchenyuk as a center?

Anyway, this just looks like a trade-for-the-sake-of-trading sort of thing, both GMs have run out of ideas and want to spark something new in their rosters.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That's a big if... Strome is a pure bust, never going to reach Schmaltz's level, plus his chemistry with Kane was unreal. IMO, the Hawks have up the best player in the trade and made themselves worse. I know their depth is terrible but this is spreading it really thin.

The Hawks aren't going anywhere right now, have very little offensive players in the pipeline no little cap space to work with. This type of move is their best bet to take the next step. If one of Perlini or Strome turn out, they most likely break-even. If both do, it's a steal. Even if they made themselves worse this season, it just means they have a better chance at winning Kakko, Hughes or a constellation prize of Dach, Cozens, etc.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If they land Kakko or Hughes with the Sens pick it's tough to see them doing any big moves. Especially if the kid line of Jost, Kerf and Jimothy continues to play well.

As for Jimothy, if he had better hands he'd be a sure fire 1st liner. Kid has the speed, great shot, good IQ etc. Will be the best piece we got for ROR.

Hughes creates a second window where MacK n Mikko are playing second fiddle, but Kakko and anyone else who could be a difference maker with two more regular seasons under their belt, kinda makes an upgrade make even more sense. Like, if our 1st, a recovered Timmins, and a B-prospect could really get us Zibby at the draft; like Henchy has hinted; then wouldn’t that be the move to make to add the final missing piece and letting it all come together?

bottle kids
Jost - Zibby - Comph*
Calvert - Soda - Kaut*
Kerfoot - Kam - Kakko*
Greer / Nieto / Bowers / Shvyry

Moving forward: Kakko would take over next to Jost & Zibby; while Kam replaced Soda alongside Kaut, with Calvert getting replaced by Kerf or Jimmothy; opening a spot for Bowers on the 4th line alongside the other smurf.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Hawks aren't going anywhere right now, have very little offensive players in the pipeline no little cap space to work with. This type of move is their best bet to take the next step. If one of Perlini or Strome turn out, they most likely break-even. If both do, it's a steal. Even if they made themselves worse this season, it just means they have a better chance at winning Kakko, Hughes or a constellation prize of Dach, Cozens, etc.

Strome won’t turn out so it’s all on Perlini to somehow match Schmaltz... which isn’t a bet I’d want to make...

Reactions: McMetal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think this is overall pretty good for Chicago...for them Strome is worth rolling the dice on. New environment, better team. Maybe playing with DeBrincat again will help him out a bit. I don't think Schmaltz is something for them to cry about losing. Will be a decent, good enough player long term I think, but I don't think it's a crippling loss.

I rate him more than I do Kerf and I didn’t like Strome as a prospect...much less now when he’s justified every concern I had back then.

This would be like if we gave up Kerf for a Greg & a kid you hope becomes McGinn or Wilson. Another terrible trade for Chicago when they should be selling high on the rapist & capt serious while they can to build around the Joker, D-cat, Schmaltz, Hino, and Panarin...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I rate him more than I do Kerf and I didn’t like Strome as a prospect...much less now when he’s justified every concern I had back then.

This would be like if we gave up Kerf for a Greg & a kid you hope becomes McGinn or Wilson. Another terrible trade for Chicago when they should be selling high on the rapist & capt serious while they can to build around the Joker, D-cat, Schmaltz, Hino, and Panarin...

Eh, i'd say it's similar to giving up Kerf for Puljujarvi + Milano type of deal.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think it's time to call Chayka to trade Colin Wilson (the Perlini replacement) for oh I dunno...say Lawson Crouse. :)

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Strome's biggest issue isn't his skating, it is his mentality... at his age, I don't think that changes. I think he can become a decent NHL player, but he is never going to be a guy you want as a part of a core.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Strome just doesn’t care all that much and is one of those guys who has a different opinion on what effort looks like compared to his coaches and most sensible human beings.

Perlini is alright, but he doesn’t use his size enough and again just disappears for large chunks of a game.

It’s a meh trade, but Coyotes still get the best player in the trade.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Strome just doesn’t care all that much and is one of those guys who has a different opinion on what effort looks like compared to his coaches and most sensible human beings.

Perlini is alright, but he doesn’t use his size enough and again just disappears for large chunks of a game.

It’s a meh trade, but Coyotes still get the best player in the trade.

I definitely agree on Strome, but I think that might look alright behind Toews and Kane.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You can succeed in the NHL being a subpar skater, but you either need to have a high hockey IQ, or bust your ass every shift and use your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad