Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Is Frenchy back full time again? Has he finally come back from going out to 'get some cigarettes?'

nope , it's just a coincidence that you saw me in here a little more often lately.
I'm not assigned to the Avs section anymore , but that doesnt mean that i dont like you guys.
I have great friends in here and will always remember the good time i had on this section . :)

We’ll be good this time :-(

no need , because you guys were always great :)

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
nope , it's just a coincidence that you saw me in here a little more often lately.
I'm not assigned to the Avs section anymore , but that doesnt mean that i dont like you guys.
I have great friends in here and will always remember the good time i had on this section . :)

Well that's disappointing.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I'm disappointed in the amount of likes this post has received.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm disappointed in the amount of likes this post has received.

We don't take compliments well.

2b8p.gif

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think I'm ready to pay all the assets right now for a ****ing second line. I really don't like the idea of watching this bottom 9 for the rest of the year lol.
Not saying you in particular, but I think the Avs board needs to chill a bit after last night. This is a team that made almost no major changes after squeaking into the playoffs last year, and obviously still has some cracks. Most thought this team would be on the bubble this season anyways. As it stands currently, they are doing better than that projection.

The problem is all the players the Avs were hoping would make up the secondary scoring are hurt. Not surprising to have lost 3 in a row when the team is truly a one line team. They will get some healthy bodies back soon, and probably finish the season in a dog fight for the top-3 of the Central.

I would think it’s next summer when the team really takes shape. I really think we are going to see the Sens pick add a top-6 player to the roster, in addition to Makar and a high profile UFA forward.

The biggest concern for me right now is it looks like the Avs should be re-signing Varlamov.

Reactions: McMetal

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Can't wait forever. That top line is about to peak.
The rest of the team isn't anywhere near ready. Adding a 2nd line center doesn't do much especially if we're moving a top 4 defenseman to get one.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The rest of the team isn't anywhere near ready. Adding a 2nd line center doesn't do much especially if we're moving a top 4 defenseman to get one.
So get the rest of the team ready. You don't wait for secondary youth to hit their peak, it'll happen on its own. The team needs to have an upward trajectory and in two years time this thing has to be in full swing, otherwise they're missing out.

Now, the Ottawa pick might switch things up if we're lucky, but the team can't just wait around.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
So get the rest of the team ready. You don't wait for secondary youth to hit their peak, it'll happen on its own. The team needs to have an upward trajectory and in two years time this thing has to be in full swing, otherwise they're missing out.

Now, the Ottawa pick might switch things up if we're lucky, but the team can't just wait around.
The rest of the team needs time. Young players usually don't have their breakout year until year 3 or 4 in the league. I'd rather see where guys like Jost, Compher, and Kamenev are at the end of the season than trade them for an expensive 2nd line center that likely won't have a major impact on the team because this team isn't ready yet.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Exactly. If we can trade Ottawa's pick for longterm and short-term fix, I am all for it. (I assume the pick is max. 10th).

Our defense looks good for now. Add Makar and we are in good shape. We just need more quality upfront and we are good to go. I think one very good second lines could help us a lot, because it pushes everyone else down a slot.

Reactions: cgf

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Last couple games have been ugly and I hate hate hate this scheduling where we have no games for a week and then back to back and then no games for a while - it really makes it easy to dwell on these defeats. But it’s not time to panic, we knew this season was still going to be a work in progress.

I’m not opposed to some deal making but nothing rash yet. There still might be a deal out there worth looking at if it helps facilitate the second line and more specifically, gives Jost, when he comes back, something of a veteran partner. As much as he wasn’t finding the scoresheet, I already miss Jost in the lineup and there is rationale for making a deal for a veteran second line scorer that is really also about helping the development of Jost, Kerfoot, JTC, etc.

Also we have a guy in Kam who I think clearly has shown enough to warrant more of a role on this team. He may not be the answer but please - let’s at least give him more leash to see what we have here.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
We can preach patience all we want and wait for the secondary scoring to develop, but if Bednar is stifling legitimate possibilities (Kamenev) in favor of vets that have no upside (Calvert, Bourque) then we're going to be waiting even longer.

Jost has been given enough rope to hang himself with. I'm fine with Compher's usage so far and I hope he keeps moving forward when he gets healthy. But with those guys out, their chances need to be going to players who have the potential to develop into secondary scorers, like Kamenev and even Greer. As such, the secondary scoring problem is twofold: the right players haven't done enough to step up yet, and Bednar is waiting for the wrong players to fill the void.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd rather be patient with this team. The Avs are more than a 2nd line center away from being a top contender. There is still a lot of youth on this team, and that youth needs time to develop.

I disagree. At most, they need 1 deep playoff run of experience. A dangerous 2nd line that we can rely on taking some of the heat off the bottle kids, really is the only the thing between us & being genuine contenders.

I'm not saying give up the farm for average 2nd liners. But if we can get a stud who's around MacK & Mikko's age, to anchor that 2nd line; I would have to think long and hard about building a package around Barrie, the Ottawa pick, or Makar as the centerpiece...with the Kutch being centerpiece that would be a dealbreaker for me barring something completely absurd; like Barkov being put in play.

If we could turn the Ottawa pick, Kerfoot and Bowers into Trocheck before the deadline, this team could very well find itself in the WCF with a really good chance to advance even further.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The rest of the team needs time. Young players usually don't have their breakout year until year 3 or 4 in the league. I'd rather see where guys like Jost, Compher, and Kamenev are at the end of the season than trade them for an expensive 2nd line center that likely won't have a major impact on the team because this team isn't ready yet.

You don't run the risk of wasting the bottle kids' prime waiting for Compher & Kamenev...at least not if you there's a sensible longterm play to be made.

If there's just no sensible move to be made then sure, patience is better than stupidity, but we need to make something happen over the next 1-1.5 years so that we are real contenders by the 2019-2020 postseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTFlyGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad