Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIII| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wait...we're talking about Hayes, right? How was that a rookie mistake by Sakic...???

There were really strong rumors that Hayes was going to sign with Colorado, but the Rangers jumped in and was guaranteeing him a spot. Sakic refused to offer him the same and he ended up signing in New York. Wonder how things would have turned out, apparently one of Vesey's main reasons in going to NYR was that he was friends with Hayes.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
There were really strong rumors that Hayes was going to sign with Colorado, but the Rangers jumped in and was guaranteeing him a spot. Sakic refused to offer him the same and he ended up signing in New York. Wonder how things would have turned out, apparently one of Vesey's main reasons in going to NYR was that he was friends with Hayes.

Well, Hayes and Vesey are two big (literally) reasons the New York Rangers finally pulled the plug last season. They were supposed to be impact players who could help the Blueshirts remain contenders, I don't quite see how this was a miss on Joe's part when both players have been big disappointments. Kerfoot has already in my mind proven to be superior to those two.

Reactions: New Scotlander

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, Hayes and Vesey are two big (literally) reasons the New York Rangers finally pulled the plug last season. They were supposed to be impact players who could help the Blueshirts remain contenders, I don't quite see how this was a miss on Joe's part when both players have been big disappointments. Kerfoot has already in my mind proven to be superior to those two.
Vesey sure, but not Hayes. Hayes has it in him to be better.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Vesey sure, but not Hayes. Hayes has it in him to be better.

We'll see, the Rangers don't seem thrilled with him, and while I wouldn't cry foul if the Avs once again showed interest, I still don't think not getting him in the first place counts as a mistake on Sakic's part. I see some flashes there, but I still don't see a viable player yet.

While I was joking (I think) on him ending up with the Bruins, I seriously think there's a good chance he winds up on the Oilers, just because those two franchises seem to live trading off players and he sure looks like a Chia-type guy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hayes is a Soda level player being asked to be a 1B... fans always get testy on those players. Along with that you have the contract situation that is basically saying he is gone by the summer at the latest, fans don't endear themselves to players that are on the way out.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
In that what if scenario I’d probably have became a Jackets fan...

anigif_sub-buzz-5191-1502997431-4.gif

In that what if scenario, Quebec would not have matched "the" offer-sheet and Joe Sakic would currently be the GM of the New York Rangers.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Injuries mostly lol , plus I think the size would come in handy and I think Joe will stand pat again on the trade front . Just a gut feeling , when I watcb him in the A he looks too good do that league. If not then I could see him in Bourque spot next year. Plus with Loveland just up the road , he could be recalled sooner and stick .

For me its just the depth chart above him that makes me question. I mean when fully healthy the last spot atm is Nieto/Dano. With a couple of injuries I could maybe see it but as of right now if the team is picking Dries or possibly O'Connor over him then he still has quite a bit of ways to go. I'll be rooting for him but I think as the days go by it becomes increasingly unlikely he will be with the Avs and maybe we see a Bigras situation. Once Bowers, Kaut and another 1 1st rounder's enter the fray that might be all she wrote.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
For me its just the depth chart above him that makes me question. I mean when fully healthy the last spot atm is Nieto/Dano. With a couple of injuries I could maybe see it but as of right now if the team is picking Dries or possibly O'Connor over him then he still has quite a bit of ways to go. I'll be rooting for him but I think as the days go by it becomes increasingly unlikely he will be with the Avs and maybe we see a Bigras situation. Once Bowers, Kaut and another 1 1st rounder's enter the fray that might be all she wrote.
Maybe but I believe Greer will push the waiver wire guys out when ready. Nieto , Bourque , Dano and maybe even Andrighetto will likely be gone before giving up on Greer. Kinda like the defense with Nemeth and Barberio over Meloche. Just because they are on the team now doesn't mean they value them more than Meloche going forward .

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Maybe but I believe Greer will push the waiver wire guys out when ready. Nieto , Bourque , Dano and maybe even Andrighetto will likely be gone before giving up on Greer. Kinda like the defense with Nemeth and Barberio over Meloche. Just because they are on the team now doesn't mean they value them more than Meloche going forward .

There are definitely a lot of spots being fought for now and going forward, which is a good thing. I would say always be cautious with prospects but it'll be fun to see how everything plays out.

I don't expect to see Meloche in the NHL for at least 2 more years outside of injuries personally. I also think Greers future with the team looks pretty bleak although I think he will find an NHL job somewhere

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Getting a bit crowded with Andrighetto healthy and Dano added. It's not a big deal but if Bednar is too attached to Bork/Nieto then someone might be the victim of a numbers game.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
There are definitely a lot of spots being fought for now and going forward, which is a good thing. I would say always be cautious with prospects but it'll be fun to see how everything plays out.

I don't expect to see Meloche in the NHL for at least 2 more years outside of injuries personally. I also think Greers future with the team looks pretty bleak although I think he will find an NHL job somewhere
Greer is still waiver exempt probably has something to do with him not being on the team. Next year he could stick over the waiver pickups . Not sure about Meloche taking 2 more years as he won't be waiver exempt.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
13 points in 35 GP in the AHL isn't NHL material. Let him stay in the AHL and up his production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->