Post-Game Talk: avs @ NYR

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So um yeah, mixed emotions for me last night, some happy, some sad. I think most of you understand where I’m coming from.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Michael Sauer has his career ended on that exact hit and nothing happens because it was Dion Phaneuf playing for Toronto

Kronwall makes a career throwing hits like that and the main boards on every hockey forum threw a parade each time a new person got ‘Kronwalled’

Ovechkin runs around making those hits for half his career and NBC can’t stop talking about his edge he plays with

Zibanejad misses a month due to a hit with the exact same shoulder placement and nothing happens because it was Bergeron playing on Boston

But a no name rookie makes a hit holding the blueline and we have a hearing on it because it was on NBC, what a joke

There's something to this for sure. The NHL has always seemed very selective to me in how they mete out justice. It's almost as if certain guys are seen as ambassadors in some way or another for the league--always being fawned over anyway and are very rarely subject to league discipline no matter what they do.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Players who look to make big hits as Lindgren did last night are going to have to answer the bell now and again whether or not a big hit is a good one or not. For me it was hard to tell exactly whether that was a high hit or not. If the DOPS does suspend they will probably show a better angle than what I saw. That said Ryan was not penalized for the hit and the NBC team did not make a case that it was bad.

Lindgren fought several times in the AHL last year and at least some of those times were after he made a big hit. As for the fight he was absolutely jumped by Kadri and was really in a situation where he almost couldn't defend himself. This starts with Kadri coming at him from behind and starting to swing almost as soon as Lindgren's gloves are coming off and never letting up. Years ago that would have started a real brawl in that one or more of Ryan's teammates would have been all over Kadri before it got as far as it got. Nowadays there are penalties for that as well and most players don't fight and are use to standing around when something like this happens instead of interfering in a fight when a teammate of theirs is getting pasted.

What to do--either forget it or wait until we play Colorado again. Lindgren will willingly fight. He could get better at it but part of what happens is reach sometimes and Ryan doesn't have a lot of that.

He had to know the fight was coming and if he didnt he will the next time. I dont like how far Kadri went with it and I'd like someone to knock his block off but Lindgren has to be ready to go after that hit, it's just the way it is.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
All the folks who posted here that Quinn was an idiot to start the goalie against Colorado because they always like to say he's an idiot...

Quinn's an idiot for giving Staal ice time during critical moments.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Just wanna say, I called this shit last night when I said Lindgren approached it fine and it was Donskoi lowering his head that made the contact unavoidable through the means of a standard body check. That's what that part of the rule is there for--if you do everything perfectly and dude ducks his head, you're not responsible.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad