Post-Game Talk: avs @ NYR

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Players who look to make big hits as Lindgren did last night are going to have to answer the bell now and again whether or not a big hit is a good one or not. For me it was hard to tell exactly whether that was a high hit or not. If the DOPS does suspend they will probably show a better angle than what I saw. That said Ryan was not penalized for the hit and the NBC team did not make a case that it was bad.

Lindgren fought several times in the AHL last year and at least some of those times were after he made a big hit. As for the fight he was absolutely jumped by Kadri and was really in a situation where he almost couldn't defend himself. This starts with Kadri coming at him from behind and starting to swing almost as soon as Lindgren's gloves are coming off and never letting up. Years ago that would have started a real brawl in that one or more of Ryan's teammates would have been all over Kadri before it got as far as it got. Nowadays there are penalties for that as well and most players don't fight and are use to standing around when something like this happens instead of interfering in a fight when a teammate of theirs is getting pasted.

What to do--either forget it or wait until we play Colorado again. Lindgren will willingly fight. He could get better at it but part of what happens is reach sometimes and Ryan doesn't have a lot of that.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Michael Sauer has his career ended on that exact hit and nothing happens because it was Dion Phaneuf playing for Toronto

Kronwall makes a career throwing hits like that and the main boards on every hockey forum threw a parade each time a new person got ‘Kronwalled’

Ovechkin runs around making those hits for half his career and NBC can’t stop talking about his edge he plays with

Zibanejad misses a month due to a hit with the exact same shoulder placement and nothing happens because it was Bergeron playing on Boston

But a no name rookie makes a hit holding the blueline and we have a hearing on it because it was on NBC, what a joke

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Send McKegg out there with a frying pan next time to clock Kadri, worth it

Reactions: Musto

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Igor looked very solid after the Avs got the jump

Team played one of their better games of the season. We seem to step it up in games like this against really good teams, which is nice.

we played 2 of our best games in a row , Markstrom just decided to use up all his good goaltending the other night. Kakko also back to back effective games. Good sign.

Reactions: bl02

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Can't say that anyone in the Shark's system remotely interests me. Pretty much just their 1st round pick but I don't imagine Georgiev fetching that high of a price unless Wilson is dealing out of desperation.

their 2nd (should be early) or maybe Leblanc straight up

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So is Hajek going to be ready next game or should we be expecting Smith/A callup at defense?

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
EK0tMO1UcAA2YyG

Need moar grit

Reactions: Leetch3 and Musto

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Lindgren reminds me so much of Girardi it's scary. He could have easily just turtled against that pig Kadri. He didn't. Typical of losers like Kadri who can't take one of their players taking a clean, big hit. They think they have to act tough. I was hoping DeAngelo would have kicked his azzzz later but the game was too close to do something stupid.

I still think they will deal DeAngelo but they better get a heck of a forward for him. You really need size on d in the playoffs. It's a marathon. It's a shame they have 3, super talented righty d men in DeAngelo, Fox and Lundkvist and then have Trouba. I guess you could have Trouba play the left side. Go with Lindgren and Hajek after they dump Smith and Staal. Hear really good things about Rykov. The scary things is the Rangers could probably deal 4 defenseman prospects for two, young, high ceiling proven NHL fowards and still have 6 defenseman who are super talented on their d below the age of 26. d

Sharks are in major problem on d. Burns is now showing his age. Their defenseman are getting old quick. Gorton could probably easily get Hertl or Meier. Hertl is a beast on draws. They could also easily get Tuch. They have the defenseman prospects up the wazoo to get those guys. You put Tuch and Hertl on this team, you are looking at a team that could be a beast for years.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

Montreal typical is one of my favorite non sequiturs I'll throw out there in my DTD life despite knowing no one will know wth I'm referencing.

Especially when something goes poorly as expected...like finding out about a sexual predator in Hollywood, a corrupt politician or a reboot/sequel that stamps on the series legacy

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Montreal typical is one of my favorite non sequiturs I'll throw out there in my DTD life despite knowing no one will know with I'm referencing.

Especially when something goes poorly as expected
Brb gonna write "Montreal Typical" on somebody's F paper.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
one thing you can’t call this is team is boring
I mostly do away broadcasts because it is refreshing to hear unbiased non-rehashed takes on our guys. And despite the shit everyone gives them, most crews are pretty solid and unbiased, though I mostly skip between the whistles. Inevitably, at about the 10 minute point of the 1st period, every single other broadcast team goes on about how exciting and open their team is playing that particular day, much to their surprise.

I got a secret for all those broadcast teams, it ain't the local boys just deciding to open it up, it's the opponent keepin' it fresh for ya ;)

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I mostly do away broadcasts because it is refreshing to hear unbiased non-rehashed takes on our guys. And inevitably, at about the 10 minute point of the 1st period, every single broadcast team goes on about how exciting and open their team is playing that day, much to their surprise.

I got a secret for all those broadcast teams, it ain't the local boys just deciding to open it up, it's the opponent keepin' it fresh for ya ;)

I have also been trying to watch more away broadcasts as well, Sam and Joe are starting to get repetitive and yeah like you said, I want to hear outside perspectives on our team.

Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->