Confirmed with Link: Avs match O'Reilly's offersheet [AAV 5 million /2 years]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Bench him the rest of the season. I heard the bonus is $2.5 M? So would it be possible to bench him so he doesn't get any of that the rest of the season? Start from scratch next season.

Heebs21*

why go through this whole mess in the first place? Why not just give him the 5 mil per year or trade him at the beginning of the season instead of risking a team giving him an offer sheet? Dreger said there were much better deals available.

I know Sherman couldn't let O'Reilly hold him over a barrell but damn, this was poorly dealt with.

Now Duchene is getting paid 3 mil per year less than O'Reilly. This is not going to end up well.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I'd like to see what TPS has to say about this whole situation now.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
This was expected, you can just trade him in the offseason if you don't want to pay him 6.5 million. The Flames should have front loaded the contract would've made things more interesting.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Bench him the rest of the season. I heard the bonus is $2.5 M? So would it be possible to bench him so he doesn't get any of that the rest of the season? Start from scratch next season.

He gets paid $3.5M this season regardless of whether the Avs want to play him or not.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
So will ROR be the most over paid player in the NHL next year?

Yup. Can't wait to see his offensive production when he's not getting 18 minutes a night with the with Duchene is playing. Probably put up like 8 points in 20 games this year.

Such a stupid choice to match. It was most likely a lose lose situation either way, but maaaaaaaaaaaan 6.5 mill next season? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
This was expected, you can just trade him in the offseason if you don't want to pay him 6.5 million. The Flames should have front loaded the contract would've made things more interesting.

Can't trade him until next February 28th.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011

nope, can't trade him for a full calendar year and no one would take that contact

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Ok so let me get this straight...

We play hard ball and stick at a 2 yr 7 mil offer. Budging to 4 mil a year might have signed him...

Then we let him sit.

Then he signs an offer sheet for 2 yr 10 mil

AND WE MATCH????!!!!!

Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad