Post-Game Talk: Avs Lose 4-1: The "Oh No! We Suck Again!" Edition

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I blame Landeskog!

We were actually doing pretty good, got our offense going, couple of points outside a playoff spot then BAM he returns and we tank again!

It's him! :sarcasm:

Seriously though how did we play?

Rushed home to catch the game, was watching for 2 mins when LA score their 3rd goal so turned it off.

Just read the Thread title. :laugh:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Minus-3 and all, Tyson Barrie is coming into his own and imo will be a solid Dan Boyle type defenseman for many years.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Are we trying to tank or win? Someone please tell me whats going on! :cry:

We are doing neither. We will draft #9-11 and get a solid player but nothing that will fix our hole at #2 dman or #1 winger....

EJ will be back soon hopefully. Maybe his presence can push us to the #12 or #13 spot....

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Are we trying to tank or win? Someone please tell me whats going on! :cry:

Sacco + our Defense = Tank

There is really no other answer with those two in the equation.

We are doing neither. We will draft #9-11 and get a solid player but nothing that will fix our hole at #2 dman or #1 winger....

EJ will be back soon hopefully. Maybe his presence can push us to the #12 or #13 spot....

This... Our forwards and our youth on defense or otherwise will have too many good moments for us to really tank and get another top 5 pick. We are not consistently bad or good enough either way, which IMO points to the coach a bit.

I think our team needs a shotgun blast and that's a new coach. Enough of this freaking bipolar level of up and down energy. I can't believe the team didn't have more jump with Landeskog returning, it's like they all came to the game to watch him play instead of play themselves. This is like when you whip an animal too many times, at first the reaction is long lasting, then after a while it only reacts right after being whipped (Losing), even then sometimes it does not react all that much unless it's whipped fairly hard (Bad loss or a losing streak).

We need a new whip...

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Columbus, Buffalo, Florida are the only guarantees that will finish below us imo.

Washington has a chance to bounceback if Ovi returns to form.
Winnipeg is just starting to get healthy.
Calgary isn't going to make the playoffs, but they might not be a top 5 pick either.
Islanders are playing pretty well so far.
Edmonton hasn't clicked yet, however I don't think they will this year.
Carolina is inconsistent, but around the same as us.
Minnesota shouldn't be below us.

So imo, that gives us the 4-10 range with a decent chance of getting an impact player. Can't count out the Leafs for another epic collapse, but with Carlyle behind the bench I don't see it this year.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They made me miss the musings of Haynes/McNabb, because at least, when it came to the other team, Haynes/McNabb would shoot it straight, and more often than not put a good spin on how "great" the other team's players were.

No Haynes/McNab are unbearable atm when the team is bad. They sugar coat it too much and it's pathetic to listen to two announcers speaking as if nothing bad is happening. I don't know what they owe to the organization to not say that so and so sucks. McNab at least, I know Haynes is just the PBP.

To the person who asked, this was an awful game. We made very little happen offensively and were embarrassing at moving the puck out when the Kings forechecked. This is becoming a real problem because our team is almost as boring to watch as some of the traditional ones. We have no creativity and it's usually just one way traffic plus a bunch of the game ends up happening in the neutral zone.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
No Haynes/McNab are unbearable atm when the team is bad. They sugar coat it too much and it's pathetic to listen to two announcers speaking as if nothing bad is happening. I don't know what they owe to the organization to not say that so and so sucks. McNab at least, I know Haynes is just the PBP.

To the person who asked, this was an awful game. We made very little happen offensively and were embarrassing at moving the puck out when the Kings forechecked. This is becoming a real problem because our team is almost as boring to watch as some of the traditional ones. We have no creativity and it's usually just one way traffic plus a bunch of the game ends up happening in the neutral zone.

I'd take Haynes/McNab over any of the FSN guys. McNab may sugercoat things, but he is less a homer then the Kings guy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can't remember who made the comparison the other day, but Gaunce plays a lot like Holos and that will be his downfall. If you have literally no offensive abilities, then you better be a bruiser to make it in the NHL. Like Holos, Gaunces shies away from contact and doing so, he'll always be pushed around and abused with spin moves no matter how good he is positionally (which he's not).

Not sure what makes you think Gaunce isn't as physical as anyone on the pro team, but you're wrong.

Mant*

Varlamov was just not on his game today, and this is really the only game in which Varlamov did not give the Avs a chance to win since coming here. He could, and should, have stopped all of those goals.

Is he playing tomorrow? I suspect he'll bounce back big time, if so.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Varly might be getting a little worn out, just like we've seen Duchene slow down, it's draining having to overcome not just the other team, but also Tank Commanders O'Byrne, HunnyBunny and Sacco, each game.

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
Varlamov was just not on his game today, and this is really the only game in which Varlamov did not give the Avs a chance to win since coming here. He could, and should, have stopped all of those goals.

Is he playing tomorrow? I suspect he'll bounce back big time, if so.

Our defense spent a lot of time chasing the puck (like usual) and Varly didn't have a good game yesterday. He had a few good saves, but the Kings 3rd goal was a total momentum killer. The Avs were within 1 goal and actually controlling the play just previous to that goal. Total backbreaker that Varly should have stopped. That being said, he's bailed this team out more than the have bailed him out.

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
I'd take Haynes/McNab over any of the FSN guys. McNab may sugercoat things, but he is less a homer then the Kings guy.

Foxy was gushing over his precious Kings yesterday.

I know this guy is a homer from first hand experience though. The guy sat right behind me at a Frozen Fury game a few seasons ago. Nothing like getting your own personal Foxy commentary during the game. The icing on the cake was when an Avs player got tripped and Foxy made a "diving" motion with his hands.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Got an avatar for me or what? I don't wanna be that guy who makes a bet then doesn't back it up.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn't win but I'm gunna propose you use this anyway:
574681_10151340509528019_1116261897_n.jpg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Got an avatar for me or what? I don't wanna be that guy who makes a bet then doesn't back it up.

Speaking of which, I do believe I won that bet.

Here's Joe Sacco's usual expression.

jTCVxKt.png

My guess is that Barrie's -3 last game will lead to less ice time, leading to Hunwick playing more. I'll go with 22:00-22:29. Exact: 22:24

My message... it's too short. How will I ever survive? :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad