Post-Game Talk: Avs Lose 4-1: The "Oh No! We Suck Again!" Edition

member 116861

Have anyone who claim we should recall Gaunce seen him play? I saw perhaps 15 LEM games during the lockout and he didn't stand out at all. It looked like he had regressed. Hopefully with Barrie/Elliott up here, he'll get a bigger role and can grow that way.

He's not better than the defenders we have up here. He didn't even get invited to camp. It's not a conspiracy where Avs are robbing Gaunce of his chance. He hasn't shown he deserves one.

Thank you Freudian! People complain about how bad O'Byrne and Zanon are at moving the puck, Gaunce is worse at moving the puck and he is worse defensively than these guys as well.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
We'll bounce back and beat the Ducks tomorrow. You know it's rare when I say these things, but when I do.......

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ronaldo, your Stastny bashing is getting real old. He was solid today. Wasn't on the ice for any goal against, was very strong in the faceoff circle and was strong in his own end. He had several steals in the Kings zone. His line was the best we had today.

Out of all the problems with Avs today, Stastny is about the last one.

Where did I bash him? I said he was mediocre(comparing the rest of the avs today, is pretty dame goood). Where did I say anything wrong about his game?

boz

Jan 20, 2004
Ewww, Avs played with some serious ECHL inspiration today..Fat Lady was def highlight

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Where did I bash him? I said he was mediocre(comparing the rest of the avs today, is pretty dame goood). Where did I say anything wrong about his game?

I don't speak bias fluently so I didn't know "mediocre" was a compliment.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Avs basically gave up after two periods and decided to roll the lines to stay fresh for tomorrow. Olver and Bordeleau had 10+ minutes this game.

Didn't Kings have an insane record with not losing when having the lead after two periods that Avs broke? They're normally a very good team sitting on a lead, so I'm not sure I blame Sacco for this strategy.

I hope Avs were paying attention though. Kings played pretty much a perfect third period with the lead. They were on the right side of the puck and did enough to just let the clock run down.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
You all are just a bunch of copy cats...I had already posted something like this a while back! :laugh:

tumblr_m9rjvhgpxg1rfr6luo1_500.gif

Desperate times will cause people to take desperate measures... like copying things that are far too true.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Have anyone who claim we should recall Gaunce seen him play? I saw perhaps 15 LEM games during the lockout and he didn't stand out at all. It looked like he had regressed. Hopefully with Barrie/Elliott up here, he'll get a bigger role and can grow that way.

He's not better than the defenders we have up here. He didn't even get invited to camp. It's not a conspiracy where Avs are robbing Gaunce of his chance. He hasn't shown he deserves one.

I can't remember who made the comparison the other day, but Gaunce plays a lot like Holos and that will be his downfall. If you have literally no offensive abilities, then you better be a bruiser to make it in the NHL. Like Holos, Gaunces shies away from contact and doing so, he'll always be pushed around and abused with spin moves no matter how good he is positionally (which he's not).

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
I think Avs basically gave up after two periods and decided to roll the lines to stay fresh for tomorrow. Olver and Bordeleau had 10+ minutes this game.

Didn't Kings have an insane record with not losing when having the lead after two periods that Avs broke? .
Yup. Our only loss in over 120 games when leading after 2 periods.

119-1-0

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

I remember a year or two ago, someone posted this where it ran automatically. It got quoted about 6 times. So it would run 6 times at once, each about a half second after the before it. It was freaking hilarious!!! Some mod didn't think so, and locked the thread IIRC...

Anyway...I had to miss this entire game.
I know we lost 4-1, with Hedgie scoring the only goal.

Anything else of note happen?

Anyone else injured?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I remember a year or two ago, someone posted this where it ran automatically. It got quoted about 6 times. So it would run 6 times at once, each about a half second after the before it. It was freaking hilarious!!! Some mod didn't think so, and locked the thread IIRC...

Anyway...I had to miss this entire game.
I know we lost 4-1, with Hedgie scoring the only goal.

Anything else of note happen?

Anyone else injured?

I would have said the Avs' collective pride, but apparently they waved "Bye, Bye" to that a while ago.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That's it? Nobody sliced or diced or out for the season?

I had to watch it on a crappy stream w/ the most god-awful announcers in the biz (apparently the Kings crew).

They made me miss the musings of Haynes/McNabb, because at least, when it came to the other team, Haynes/McNabb would shoot it straight, and more often than not put a good spin on how "great" the other team's players were.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I didn't see Parenteau play since his slapshot in the first, sure he wasn't injured? :laugh:

I do have a problem with Parenteau the last week or so and it is getting really frustrating to me.

He always gets in the puck in a prime position, but screws it up,

1) He forces the pass, which leads to turnovers.
2) He passes the puck too hard going out of reach to his target.
3) He passes the puck too soft going behind the reach of his target.

It's never right on target.
I haven't been a Stastny fan the last couple years or so, but he has been really solid the last handful of games or so. He has been much better than Duchene the last two games as well.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
I blame Landeskog!

We were actually doing pretty good, got our offense going, couple of points outside a playoff spot then BAM he returns and we tank again!

It's him! :sarcasm:

Seriously though how did we play?

Rushed home to catch the game, was watching for 2 mins when LA score their 3rd goal so turned it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad