Post-Game Talk: Avs Lose 4-1: The "Oh No! We Suck Again!" Edition

member 116861

Cam Gaunce won't add anything to our team that our defensive d-men don't already provide. I want to see how Thomas Pock would do back in the NHL, he should get a call-up before Gaunce.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Elliott look better? I was so irritated with Zanon, and the usual suspects that I did not really notice Elliot being terrible.

Heebs21*

Please everyone, stop with that myth that Gaunce would be better that any of our current D-men.

At least give him a shot rather than continue to put out the crap we are every single game

Barrie was not good today. -3
Neither was Elliot. -3

Nice to see Sherman thought these were the guys who would replace Liles and Shattenkirk. Nice work Sherm.

member 116861

Please everyone, stop with that myth that Gaunce would be better that any of our current D-men.

Yeah, the guy can't provide offense and he is worse defensively than our current d-men. The only thing he would provide is the willingness to drop the gloves which our other defensemen are not willing to do.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Whole team just looked like absolute ****.

Our top 2 lines have GOT to be better than that. A lot better. I'm not usually one of those to jump all over Stastny, but he had a very lazy effort today and I think we need to demote Jones and try Trolver on Stastny's other wing to give that line some jump. Jones is just too slow in every aspect of the game.

I think Giggy should have started this one and Varly in Anaheim. Would've given Varly 3 days rest after a very tough 3 games against Edmonton, Nashville, and St. Louis.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Elliott look better? I was so irritated with Zanon, and the usual suspects that I did not really notice Elliot being terrible.

Elliot wasn't terrible.
A bit timid with the puck sometimes. But he should grow out of it.
By far our best player at getting pucks on net from the point.
Barrie doesn't shoot enough and the others usually hit bodies in front or miss completely.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
at least give him a shot rather than continue to put out the crap we are every single game

barrie was not good today. -3
neither was elliot. -3

nice to see sherman thought these were the guys who would replace liles and shattenkirk. Nice work sherm.

elliot is -1.

member 116861

At least give him a shot rather than continue to put out the crap we are every single game

Barrie was not good today. -3
Neither was Elliot. -3

Nice to see Sherman thought these were the guys who would replace Liles and Shattenkirk. Nice work Sherm.

So you would rather have Gaunce in the line-up over Barrie and Elliott?

:help:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Elliot wasn't terrible.
A bit timid with the puck sometimes. But he should grow out of it.
By far our best player at getting pucks on net from the point.
Barrie doesn't shoot enough and the others usually hit bodies in front or miss completely.

Think he'll be like Barrie. Give him a game or two to get his feet under him and he'll get better. Wish we could pair him with Hejda now, but Barrie isn't ready to carry any of the other guys.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My thought on the game... Everyone sucked.

Barrie hada good 1st period but then was garbage the rest of the way, probably just wanting to fit in.

Duchene had his quietest game of the year, he created literally one chance and was pretty bad the rest of the time.

Stastny was his mediocre self had a nice pick pocket and blew a golden chance setup by landy. Landy didn't miss a beat and he should be back to his best in no time.

Nice to finally see Hejduk score, thought I wasn't going to see one this year. Now he can retire.:D

Last but not least when is EJ coming baack!:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

How would u know the kid hasnt gitten a chance in a year plus. Zanon and co need a shakrup even if its a waiver claim.

Our games are so boring to watch now. Its one team with skill and another with luck.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ronaldo, your Stastny bashing is getting real old. He was solid today. Wasn't on the ice for any goal against, was very strong in the faceoff circle and was strong in his own end. He had several steals in the Kings zone. His line was the best we had today.

Out of all the problems with Avs today, Stastny is about the last one.

member 116861

Lol @ people taking Heebs seriously. My thought on the game... Everyone sucked.

Barrie hada good 1st period but then was garbage the rest of the way, probably just wanting to fit in.

Duchene had his quietest game of the year, he created literally one chance and was pretty bad the rest of the time.

Stastny was his mediocre self had a nice pick pocket and blew a golden chance setup by landy. Landy didn't miss a beat and he should be back to his best in no time.

Nice to finally see Hejduk score, thought I wasn't going to see one this year. Now he can retire.:D

Last but not least when is EJ coming baack!:cry:

I'm just happy that he came back for this year instead of retiring so the last goal of his career was not a slapshot from the point.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Have anyone who claim we should recall Gaunce seen him play? I saw perhaps 15 LEM games during the lockout and he didn't stand out at all. It looked like he had regressed. Hopefully with Barrie/Elliott up here, he'll get a bigger role and can grow that way.

He's not better than the defenders we have up here. He didn't even get invited to camp. It's not a conspiracy where Avs are robbing Gaunce of his chance. He hasn't shown he deserves one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->