Avs line question

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
Hi Avs fans, Ducks fan here.

I'm redoing my HUT team in NHL 14 and I wanted to make an accurate forward line and D pairing involving only Avs players. You guys have really grown to become one of my favorite teams in this league to watch and MacKinnon has become one of my favorite players.

So back to my question:
was MacKinnon on a line with Landeskog and Stastny?

Did EJ play with Barrie?

Thanks guys!:)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
MacKinnon played with Landeskog in Stastny towards the end of the season and in the playoffs when Duchene was out. EJ and Barrie never play together.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
During the playoffs Barrie-EJ was a pairing when we were down in the 3rd, so there was some (but otherwise none) situations they were used together.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If they were to play today with more or less a full lineup it would be

O'Reilly-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Hejda-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Whoever else here

Last edited:

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Hi Avs fans, Ducks fan here.

I'm redoing my HUT team in NHL 14 and I wanted to make an accurate forward line and D pairing involving only Avs players. You guys have really grown to become one of my favorite teams in this league to watch and MacKinnon has become one of my favorite players.

So back to my question:
was MacKinnon on a line with Landeskog and Stastny?

Did EJ play with Barrie?

Thanks guys!:)

Landeskog - Stastny - MacKinnon

EJ did not play much with Barrie.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You wont have much success in hut with the Avs blue line.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Mack played with Landy and Stastny at the end of the year, like others said. He also spent considerable time on the right wing with O'Reilly and Duchene. He also spent considerable time centering a line with a rotating mess of wingers, usually Talbot and McGinn, probably also Downie, Mitchell and PAP at times, I can't remember really.

EJ played with Hejda exclusively thsi year, other than the few games they were injured. Barrie played most of the year with Holden, but also Guinen and Wilson, and a few brief moments with Benoit.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
ROR-Duchene-Tanguay
McGinn-Mitchell-PAP
Mcleod-Cliche-Talbot

This are the lines if Avs are healthy. Maybe switch MacKinnon with Tanguay

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
ROR-Duchene-Tanguay
McGinn-Mitchell-PAP
Mcleod-Cliche-Talbot

This are the lines if Avs are healthy. Maybe switch MacKinnon with Tanguay

MacKinnon on a line with Duchene? No thank you...

If any two players are getting switched it'd be PAP and Tanguay

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
MacKinnon on a line with Duchene? No thank you...

If any two players are getting switched it'd be PAP and Tanguay

Yep. They just did not seem to click. A case of not enough pucks on the ice to go around maybe?

PaP and Tangauy makes the most sense. PaP has good chemistry with Duchene and he needs to be on a scoring line. And Tanguay is a solid defender and can play the 3rd line defense role. Unless we want that 3rd line to be a scoring line like we started off with last year (McGinn-MacK-PaP). Who is going to be the 3rd line C though? We would have to bring in someone. Mitchell shouldnt be on a scoring line. And I dont see Staz, MacK, RoR or Duchene dropping out of the top 6. They are just too good to give 3rd line minutes to. Well, maybe Hishon. He might be a good fit as a 3rd line scorer.

Celery Man

Dec 4, 2013
Michigan
O'Reilly/Duchene/MacKinnon was our best line at one point in the season. I want to say in December-ish.

They never were particularly good together for a number of consecutive games... at least never nearly as good as the chemistry that was found with landy-staz-mack. My favorite line other than L-S-M, was definitely the short period when tangs was on the wing of dutchy and radar. They all just had such great poise with the puck. THAT top six is nothing to mess with. Seriously impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad