Avs Jerseys Ranked 2nd Worst In The League.............by ESPN

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
Well those two stripes down the side do make our jersies quite a bit worse...

That's the minor change I meant. The colors, patches, etc... I all like. Get rid of the stripes and they'd be great.

***edit*** though even with them for me the jerseys still aren't horrible and not bottom half much less 29th...

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I wish we'd kept the original colors (they look goofy now) and I wish the team would scrap the logo. Never have been a big fan of that swoosh thing.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Our jerseys have grown on me, although they are terrible.

As for this article, I fail to see where the confusion over the foot comes from. We're a team who takes its name from a powerful thing that comes from snow covered mountains, as does the Yeti. So, the foot works. If the only player you can ask about it is someone who isn't on the team any more then you're not doing very well.

Anyway, I like our colours and our logos. And I hope if we do come out with new jerseys that's it's done properly, although personally I think that we've kept the ones we have for so long because there's a faint hope we can get our old ones back when the RBK contract to make NHL jerseys runs out.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
And for what it's worth, LA, St. Louis, Ottawa, Nashville, Carolina, Tampa, San Jose, Anaheim, Buffalo, Dallas and Pittsburgh are all on a par with ours or worse.

macPSU

No more rats
May 13, 2011
New Jersey
Our current jerseys are awful. The awkward stripes are enough to ruin the entire jersey. The fact that the article doesn't focus on the stripes and instead fixates on the alternate logo doesn't make much sense to me. ESPN aside, uniwatch ranked the Avs as the worst last year and they've seen every jersey under the sun. That means more than ESPN's opinion.

I've always thought our pre-unipron jerseys were some of the best in the league. I get compliments from opposing fans every time I wear my dark 2001 Pro Player to Avs away games here in NJ/NY. Maybe I'm biased, but I always thought the older uniforms were universally recognized as one of the nicer color combos and designs in the league. I've seen plenty of guys still wearing the old-style Avs socks and blank jerseys at open hockey and men's leagues in my area, FWIW.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The guy has the Blackhawks out of the top five. That alone should tell you he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Even Nucks fans begrudgingly like our sweaters, for crying out loud. :laugh:

You guys could definitely do without the piping, but the Avs' are far from being near the bottom.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I've always like the main Av jerseys from the beginning. The piping on the new ones doesn't really do it for me, and I do like the inaugural ones better, but I've never had a problem with them overall.

I've never been a huge fan of the third jersey with the text instead of the logo, but it still doesn't look bad to me.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Our jersey's are crap, which is depressing because they have so much potential. The current design is junk, but I love the logo and color scheme.

They're definitely bottom 10 in my eyes, I refuse to buy the aprons.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No, turns into a popularity contest.

Spoiler: Canucks and Leafs are the top jerseys in that poll.

Could do "favorite jersey that isn't your own", and then just show the poll voting and call out all the fans that vote for their own (which would be almost all the Leafs votes :laugh:)

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The guy has the Blackhawks out of the top five. That alone should tell you he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Even Nucks fans begrudgingly like our sweaters, for crying out loud. :laugh:

You guys could definitely do without the piping, but the Avs' are far from being near the bottom.

ya growing up had hawks based jersey's with a bit of a alteration of the logo, it was very slick, loved putting it on every game.

should be one i think.

our jersey's suck that much is clear, but i don't mind the foot logo as shoulders patches at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->