Proposal: Avs - Habs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I wouldn't say you are far off at all but I don't see enough motive from either side for it to happen. Tough to say how each team views the pick or what direction they are going in for if it makes sense. Not unreasonable.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Kerfoot had 2.43 points/60 this season as a rookie, slightly ahead of Galchenyuk's 2.30 p/60 as a 6th year pro. I'd rather see what Kerfoot can do next year than bet 16OA that Galchenyuk will be better.

Reactions: MacBradley

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I would do it, then try to get Pacioretty over to Florida for their 1st + roster player.

Habs would then have:

1st(3)
1st(15)
1st(16)

With those with their 2nd rounders, they could try to get in the top 10.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Good trade for the Avs, not so good for Habs IMO

Imo it all depends on how much you value the pick. Galy is certainly an upgrade over Kerfoot but they are both the same player stylistically and in age. Kerfoot is also much cheaper. I'd personally take the pick and Kerfoot although it is the somewhat riskier option. I think both sides are better staying at where they are at than to make the deal.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Kerfoot had 2.43 points/60 this season as a rookie, slightly ahead of Galchenyuk's 2.30 p/60 as a 6th year pro. I'd rather see what Kerfoot can do next year than bet 16OA that Galchenyuk will be better.

Meh, wouldn't do it as a habs fan unless there's a player I really like that falls. Maybe if one of Veleno or Kupari is there.
Let's not forget Kerfoot is only 6 months younger than Galchenyuk. Kerfoot had a shoot % of 23.5% last year which I doubt is sustainable.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Meh, wouldn't do it as a habs fan unless there's a player I really like that falls. Maybe if one of Veleno or Kupari is there.
Let's not forget Kerfoot is only 6 months younger than Galchenyuk. Kerfoot had a shoot % of 23.5% last year which I doubt is sustainable.

It was Kerfoot's first 82 game season, ever, and he played just under 13:30 per game. 43 points isn't impossible for him to improve upon, even if his shooting percentage falls. The guys he plays with a lot (Jost, Compher, Andrighetto, Wilson) were either rookies, or injured for significant portions of the season. As they all improve, who knows what Kerfoot's point totals might be.

Really, I think it's a case where 16OA is too much for the Avs to bet against Kerfoot right now, but still not enough for the Habs to bet against Galchenyuk. I can see why both sides dislike it, even if it isn't really horrible value on paper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad