Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Ducks 6 PM MST || Luck always seems like it belongs to someone else.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Dutchy also looks a little worn down, like he doesn't have the same energy level throughout the game that he had earlier, and his burst isn't as insane the later into the game it's gotten.

Quite weird it happend as soon as Landeskog came back.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
this is what i have been thinking about as well, went from the best player on the ice in a couple games, to a non factor, i hope he given a rest tomorrow and comes back strong against the sharks.

I wouldn't exactly call him a non factor, he hasn't scored but hes playing well defensively, winning draws and making some good plays. He just hasn't been as dominant the last couple games.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I wouldn't exactly call him a non factor, he hasn't scored but hes playing well defensively, winning draws and making some good plays. He just hasn't been as dominant the last couple games.

i guess non-factor was the wrong words to use, but he hasn't done his usual take the puck behind the net and try to make a play out of it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Fun stat of the day.

Avs are .400 when leading after the first period and .571 when leading after the second period. I'm not going to check each game but it feels like when always get outshot badly when going into a second or third period with a lead.

It's partly an energy issue. Avs get outworked, which means our back- and forecheck become worse and we end up in our zone and our mighty defense get pinned down.

And if Avs are up 3-1 and the other team scores, you can see the shoulders slumping.

It's a troubling theme we've seen too much of the last three-four years. The players and coaches have to become much better at playing with leads.

boz

Jan 20, 2004
just saw the Boxscore..must have missed PA getting a misconduct after Perry's OT goal.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
just saw the Boxscore..must have missed PA getting a misconduct after Perry's OT goal.

Wow, that's weak by the ref. The game is over, why call a penalty? Is it going to change something? Swallow your pride and take it. You had a bad game. No need to be on a power trip calling penalties after the game.:shakehead

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Wow, that's weak by the ref. The game is over, why call a penalty? Is it going to change something? Swallow your pride and take it. You had a bad game. No need to be on a power trip calling penalties after the game.:shakehead

Much like cops, they have a quota. They get paid by how many penalties they give out...:sarcasm:

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
They had 1 shot in the 1st min of the 3rd period?

Then what did they do? Did Sacco pull out the old Sacco wall tactic?

"Ok guys we have a lead in the 3rd period and we are NOT giving it up! I want everyone to lie on top each other in the crease and make a wall! Heck yeah!! I'm awesome!"

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
That 3rd period... yikes. It was if Anaheim just decided to wake up and play some decent hockey for a third of the game; that's all it really took. We were hopeless.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That 3rd period... yikes. It was if Anaheim just decided to wake up and play some decent hockey for a third of the game; that's all it really took. We were hopeless.

With Barrie being the best D playing last night and into the future, we are totally hopeless.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

A rookie middle pairing (at best right now) leading the team's defense is the path to success? As long as EJ is out, this team is severely out manned on the backend. As promising as Barrie is, he is in no way shape or form ready to carry a defense against the likes of San Jose, Chicago, Anaheim, Detroit, etc.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
A rookie middle pairing (at best right now) leading the team's defense is the path to success? As long as EJ is out, this team is severely out manned on the backend. As promising as Barrie is, he is in no way shape or form ready to carry a defense against the likes of San Jose, Chicago, Anaheim, Detroit, etc.

I had a problem with the ''into the future'' part of your post, I took it as if you've said we're screwed if he remains our best defenseman in the coming seasons.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I had a problem with the ''into the future'' part of your post, I took it as if you've said we're screwed if he remains our best defenseman in the coming seasons.

I meant near future as in the time that EJ is still out. My bad for being unclear.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If the ROR trade is a hit for us the D would actually look really good under a real coach.

ROR - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliott
SOB

With Siemens being groomed to replace Hejda on the second pairing. That's actually a really promising D.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Pretty boring game all things considered after the 1st period and part of the 2nd. We just had no killer instinct and looked burnt out.

Still pissed on that call against Landeskog but not against Perry, quite literally decided the game. Not to mention the non-call against the guy that hit McLeod and the dumb decision by O'Byrne in OT to hook the guy because he was out of position.

Then Hunny/Zanon on the first OT PK? HAH. Quinn was over there drawing up some huge plan for this PK with Sacco just watching in amazement, it's pretty clear Quinn will take over this team from Sacco if management ever gets their act together.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If the ROR trade is a hit for us the D would actually look really good under a real coach.

ROR - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliott
SOB

With Siemens being groomed to replace Hejda on the second pairing. That's actually a really promising D.

That could actually work great. They should just have him change his identity, put on a mask and wig, and re-join the team as a defenseman. He'd probably really help us in that area.

It would allow both sides to save face, so that neither looked like they caved.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

ROR - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliott
SOB

This trade could be the best thing for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad