Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Ducks 6 PM MST || Luck always seems like it belongs to someone else.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The blame the refs thing is getting old, these refs don't have an agend against the avs. It's fine to complain about the refs once in a whole but not every game and every call, some of you sound like Canuck fans.

JS was solid, especially considering he hasn't played a lot and the off ice stuff. Always a professional love him. He did have a sort of bad goal, on the tying goal but he made some key saves to bail the avs out. The one where Stastny left middle of the ice stands out.

Barrie was very good, the best thing is I don't notice him in the defensive zone which means he isn't making a lot of mistakes. Can't wait to have EJ back, I want to see then together.

LolElliott is bad and this is killing his confidence. Send him down before this kid gets ruined for life.

Stastny line was fantastic in the first which like the redid the avs but it was more the ducks being rusty. Stastny setup jones with a beautiful saucer pass but he couldn't finish. Stastny defensive was great but he did have a couple of defensive lapses one was not taking the passing lane on the pp that lead to the 2nd goal I think. The other was mentioned above leaving his man all alone in front of JS but luck jiggy saved him. Other than that he was great defensively and who complains about him today is a harsh man. Oh yea he did miss an open net but that goes without saying. :D

Duchene's line much like Stastny was good in the 1st but fizzled out later in the game. Duchene hasn't shown that jump he has in the past 3 games. The avs have a light schedule coming that should be good for him. They still weren't bad tonight just not as good as before. Duchene himself was also solid defensively and saved a goal on the 5 on 3. I believe.

Mcloed man is this guy having a season. I w's ready to cut ties with him but he is playing his role perfectly so far this year. Good thing he didn't get hurt too bad today.

The best part of the game was seeing bordaleau over extent his shift and I thought for sure he was going to finish it off with a Pejorative Slured mistake especially when he had the puck down low in the Dzone but he actually drew a penalty on perry. Classic.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I could care less what Sacco does. This team is not winning anything and it's laughable that you think it is. The reason we suck is because Sherman has failed to do his job of putting at least a competant NHL team together. The defense he has put together is laughable. That is not on Sacco.

I hate sherm the worm and scratcho. I just hope this team goes on a brutal losing stretch and gets at least a top 2 pick. This team is desperate for at least one more elite talent. And I hope they go for talent over character this time out.

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Well, one of the few positives of the game was Barrie IMO. Very impressed on how poised he was with the puck in his own end and getting it out of traffic. I think he is starting to get it.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I hate sherm the worm and scratcho. I just hope this team goes on a brutal losing stretch and gets at least a top 2 pick. This team is desperate for at least one more elite talent. And I hope they go for talent over character this time out.

This. But unfortunately it will not happen.
Just imagine what a Jones, MacKinnon and maybe most of all a Drouin could do for this team.
But Varly and Giggy will not allow it.

And I hate it. Nothing worse than being a bad team that ends up with the 9th or 10th pick.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think Sacco makes alot of weird decisions very often.

But blaming for playing anyone out of Zanon, Hejda, O'Byrne, Hunwick, Elliott or Barrie in certains situations is laughable.

This is our defenseman-core. He has to play two of them all the time. It's not like one of them is miles better than the other. It's not like he put Elliott and Barrie together on the PK.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Our special teams need a lot of work. They are bottom ten in both PK and PP and it's well deserved.

It seems every team knows we are very stationary and not all that good with the puck on the PP so they put a lot of pressure on the puck carrier and we normally cough it up after two-three passes, if we even get get into the zone.

On PK we give up the blue line too easily and never has any pressure on the points, so it's basically a shooting gallery with teams crashing our net. Some of our forwards do a decent job, but it's way too passive in general.

Avs won't go anywhere as long as we are bottom three (counting both PK and PP) in the league when it comes to special teams.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Guys! Listen up!

The Flaming/Trolling that's going on in here needs to STOP, and I mean right now!

We're ALL on the same side, we're all unhappy about the outcome, but don't be taking it out on each other, understood?

This will be the ONLY Warning I issue on this, and if other Mods have to come in here and clean things up, I will not be happy about that.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The blame the refs thing is getting old, these refs don't have an agend against the avs. It's fine to complain about the refs once in a whole but not every game and every call, some of you sound like Canuck fans.

JS was solid, especially considering he hasn't played a lot and the off ice stuff. Always a professional love him. He did have a sort of bad goal, on the tying goal but he made some key saves to bail the avs out. The one where Stastny left middle of the ice stands out.

Barrie was very good, the best thing is I don't notice him in the defensive zone which means he isn't making a lot of mistakes. Can't wait to have EJ back, I want to see then together.

LolElliott is bad and this is killing his confidence. Send him down before this kid gets ruined for life.

Stastny line was fantastic in the first which like the redid the avs but it was more the ducks being rusty. Stastny setup jones with a beautiful saucer pass but he couldn't finish. Stastny defensive was great but he did have a couple of defensive lapses one was not taking the passing lane on the pp that lead to the 2nd goal I think. The other was mentioned above leaving his man all alone in front of JS but luck jiggy saved him. Other than that he was great defensively and who complains about him today is a harsh man. Oh yea he did miss an open net but that goes without saying. :D

Duchene's line much like Stastny was good in the 1st but fizzled out later in the game. Duchene hasn't shown that jump he has in the past 3 games. The avs have a light schedule coming that should be good for him. They still weren't bad tonight just not as good as before. Duchene himself was also solid defensively and saved a goal on the 5 on 3. I believe.

Mcloed man is this guy having a season. I w's ready to cut ties with him but he is playing his role perfectly so far this year. Good thing he didn't get hurt too bad today.

The best part of the game was seeing bordaleau over extent his shift and I thought for sure he was going to finish it off with a Pejorative Slured mistake especially when he had the puck down low in the Dzone but he actually drew a penalty on perry. Classic.

I have yet to blame the refs for any of our losses this year until today, it was horrendous. The refs seriously gift wrapped 3 goals to the Ducks tonight including the one in OT, and the one that changed the game when we were playing well and up 2-0. Seriously how do you miss a blatant slash of stick where the dmans stick breaks and is left defenseless to a guy crashing the net who gets an easy tap in. And then they turn around and make the call they should have made against the Ducks on their first goal against the Avs in the third where Landy does hit the stick but the guy just throws it into the air which leads to the tying goal.

Granted its not the refs fault that we only fired one shot in the 3rd period, but lets get it right the refs were in control of this game, and were making calls that clearly affected the outcome of this one.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
I didn't see the last 2 games (as much as I'm for the tank this season, I'd rather not watch it) ... how has the Skog looked since returning?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I have yet to blame the refs for any of our losses this year until today, it was horrendous. The refs seriously gift wrapped 3 goals to the Ducks tonight including the one in OT, and the one that changed the game when we were playing well and up 2-0. Seriously how do you miss a blatant slash of stick where the dmans stick breaks and is left defenseless to a guy crashing the net who gets an easy tap in. And then they turn around and make the call they should have made against the Ducks on their first goal against the Avs in the third where Landy does hit the stick but the guy just throws it into the air which leads to the tying goal.

Granted its not the refs fault that we only fired one shot in the 3rd period, but lets get it right the refs were in control of this game, and were making calls that clearly affected the outcome of this one.

I thought there were some iffy calls and non calls in this game, but I've seen much worse. Outside of the Zanon non call that directly led to a goal, it wasn't all that different than a lot of games.

Like you said, the fact they could only generate enough pressure to fire one shot on goal in the 3rd was much more indicting.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Elliott was good tonight.
Barrie was great.

I think the whole team played solid except special teams killed us once again. Seriously watching our PP is like watching 5 McLeods trying to be creative, just doesn't work.

I haven't blame the refs this season at all, but they were petty brutal tonight.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Same reason a linesman misses a blatant offside goal. In which the scoring player even stops, it happens you move on. Of course if this was the finals, I would be singing a different tune.

@ Seph Elliott was good? What game were you watching?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Elliott was good tonight.
Barrie was great.

I think the whole team played solid except special teams killed us once again. Seriously watching our PP is like watching 5 McLeods trying to be creative, just doesn't work.

I haven't blame the refs this season at all, but they were petty brutal tonight.

Yea, I've actually been very impressed with both of them, and I've been one of their bigger critics. Elliott has really settled his game down defensively, and is reading, and playing his position much better. He's still making a couple mistakes here and there like tonight, as is Barrie, but in general they've definitely both improved.

member 116861

Yea, I've actually been very impressed with both of them, and I've been one of their bigger critics. Elliott has really settled his game down defensively, and is reading, and playing his position much better. He's still making a couple mistakes here and there, as is Barrie, but they've definitely both improved.

That is good to hear. I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game but Elliott looked solid. He was making simple plays instead of forcing plays like he was in his first few games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->