Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
awful night

Devils get outplayed badly

Travis gets injured.

But still should have gotten to OT.
Greene was so horrendous on that 4th goal. He not only fails to get the puck out he takes out Noesen too. Just horrible by him .

Hard to blame Keith but he really needs to save that GW.

Too many players had awful nights.
Greene, Mojo, LJ, a few others.

Hall was good for most of the game but he was lazy on the first goal allowed and let Ian Cole or all people get the puck and make a play.

We should have found a way to at least get to OT with such little time remaining.

Travis injury the worst news of an awful game by the NJD.
Its kk only softy this season, in a game that he actually stood on his head to save the devs from getting smoked.
We got outplayed, by alot for the 1st 2 periods,they didnt deserve to win.
Onto sat

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm not feeling the MoJo this season
We really need him and PZ to start possessing the puck, generating chances and of course scoring goals.
I’ll hold judgement on those two until they have a good winger. JQ Noesen and Stafford all looked lost on that line.

Reactions: oxman44

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Its kk only softy this season, in a game that he actually stood on his head to save the devs from getting smoked.
Onto sat

No doubt blame is not on Kink

Got outplayed, out hustled and smarted too much.

I'm pissed about Trav getting injured and Greene basically handing Col the puck on the GW.
Should have eeked out a point tonight when tied late.

Greene was horrible tonight aside from a handful of shifts.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
To be honest it is good for a game like this to happen. Now they can work on some things and change more up. Cause some stuff is just not working at all. Though wish Zajac didn't go down

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think we had more 3 decent looks at even strength all night. I'm surprised we got 30 shots tonight.

This game looked even worse than both the final score and final shot count.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Onto sat

I was thinking when it was 2-2 that Usually we would have been trailing already due to Cory softies.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Flying home and I missed the game. Sounds like Butcher was still injured and Zajac went down. Did Zajacs injury look serious?
Butcher wound up playing.

Zajac's injury looked kind of serious, but so did Butcher's the other night and he played.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who once said you don't change a winning lineup?
I think it's okay to change a winning lineup, but it's almost not okay to play Drew Stafford.

I'm pretty sure there will be a defense change on Saturday and I'll cry like a baby if Severson comes out for Santini or some bull shit like that. I doubt that's gonna be it, but who the hell knows?

I can't watch Saturday's game live. I have a wedding to attend.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I feel like Vatanen and Mueller got pummeled tonight. Anyone got the real time stats? @Jets012

Mueller actually surprisingly led the team in CF% tonight. Kinda played a low-event game.

Vatanen really struggled. Played 13:01 on the 5 on 5 and only gave up 7 chances, but the team only had 6 when he was on the ice. Only 4 shots with him on the ice in 13 minutes. Not very good at all. They had 15 shots on the ice when Severson was on in 17 minutes. Coleman/Wood also played very high-event games.

You were right about Lovejoy tonight though. He got pummeled. Butcher kinda did as well. A little better than Lovejoy, but still very bad.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
1st line got pummeled tonight. One of those rare poor games from them. Thought Wood/Dea/Coleman had good games. Zacha was pretty invisible. Nothing good or bad I suppose.

Noesen hasn't been great, but I'm still very confident he'll turn it around. Feel like he deserves a longer leash than many of the forwards we currently have playing. People forget how vital he was to the team at times last year. Bratt should come in for JQ/Stafford when he's healthy. Unless they plan on scratching Boyle and moving Coleman to C (which they won't), then JQ/Stafford is a no brainer to come out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mueller actually surprisingly led the team in CF% tonight. Kinda played a low-event game.

Vatanen really struggled. Played 13:01 on the 5 on 5 and only gave up 7 chances, but the team only had 6 when he was on the ice. Only 4 shots with him on the ice in 13 minutes. Not very good at all. They had 15 shots on the ice when Severson was on in 17 minutes. Coleman/Wood also played very high-event games.

You were right about Lovejoy tonight though. He got pummeled. Butcher kinda did as well. A little better than Lovejoy, but still very bad.
I thought Vatanen and Mueller looked particularly bad in the 3rd. I also thought Butcher and Lovejoy looked poor tonight. I didn't think Severson and Greene were all that bad.

Reactions: Jets012

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I thought Vatanen and Mueller looked particularly bad in the 3rd. I also thought Butcher and Lovejoy looked poor tonight. I didn't think Severson and Greene were all that bad.

Yea Vatanen made some boneheaded plays throughout the game. Some really bad icings.

Yea Severson has been really strong to start the year. Butcher also has been great no surprise. Vatanen and Mueller have been good too considering the competition they've been facing.

Really the only guy that hasn't been playeing well is Lovejoy I suppose. But he hasn't been horrendous or anything 5 games in. And I'm really not sure Santini would even be an upgrade at this point. I guess it's worth trying him out on the 3rd pairing to see if he fairs better against lower competition, but from what I saw all of last season or this preseason, I'm not sure he would fair better than Lovejoy at the moment.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea Vatanen made some boneheaded plays throughout the game. Some really bad icings.

Yea Severson has been really strong to start the year. Butcher also has been great no surprise. Vatanen and Mueller have been good too considering the competition they've been facing.

Really the only guy that hasn't been playeing well is Lovejoy I suppose. But he hasn't been horrendous or anything 5 games in. And I'm really not sure Santini would even be an upgrade at this point. I guess it's worth trying him out on the 3rd pairing to see if he fairs better against lower competition, but from what I saw all of last season or this preseason, I'm not sure he would fair better than Lovejoy at the moment.
I'm going to send a fecal sample to the team offices if Santini (or god forbid Gryba) is playing over either Severson or Butcher next game.

I don't think he will be, but I think he might be in for Lovejoy. It's been a while since Lovejoy was a healthy scratch, but I think it was in March sometime.

Reactions: Jets012

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I'm going to send a fecal sample to the team offices if Santini (or god forbid Gryba) is playing over either Severson or Butcher next game.

I don't think he will be, but I think he might be in for Lovejoy. It's been a while since Lovejoy was a healthy scratch, but I think it was in March sometime.

Yea if you take Severson out right now, Hynes is nuts and it would be a fireable offense. Had 6 high-danger chances when he was on the ice tonight and gave up none. We really couldn't muster up any shots or chances unless he was on the ice. Him and Greene have really done well together (Greene was lackluster tonight). 20 high-danger chances when he's on the ice to 3 allowed for him this year. Best in the league amongst those who qualify.

I know there are guys who hate him and the high-danger chances he's prone to giving up at times, but even the anti-Severson crowd has to admit he's been great through the first 5 games. He's been up there amongst our best players. Arguably him and Palms have been the best through 5 games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea if you take Severson out right now, Hynes is nuts and it would be a fireable offense. Had 6 high-danger chances when he was on the ice tonight and gave up none. We really couldn't muster up any shots or chances unless he was on the ice. Him and Greene have really done well together (Greene was lackluster tonight). 20 high-danger chances when he's on the ice to 3 allowed for him this year. Best in the league amongst those who qualify.

I know there are guys who hate him and the high-danger chances he's prone to giving up at times, but even the anti-Severson crowd has to admit he's been great through the first 5 games. He's been up there amongst our best players. Arguably him and Palms have been the best through 5 games.
Sadly, I still feel like he's our most criticized defenseman, second to only Lovejoy, even though the criticism has slowed down a lot and doesn't at all compare to Lovejoy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Gryba was waived yesterday so I wouldn’t expect him to be coming in for anyone.

I think the staff understands Severson is playing well, even if his haters on here don’t.

My issue with the D tonight was the breakout more then anything. Poor decisions attempting to get out of the zone prevented them from really getting any rhythm going.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gryba was waived yesterday so I wouldn’t expect him to be coming in for anyone.

I think the staff understands Severson is playing well, even if his haters on here don’t.

My issue with the D tonight was the breakout more then anything. Poor decisions attempting to get out of the zone prevented them from really getting any rhythm going.
Was Gryba waived yesterday? I missed that.

I never even knew that. Kind of an odd move, since we didn't really need the spot, but I certainly support it. Maybe because he wasn't getting in a game anyway? Probably the reason.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
One thing I find interesting is that a lot of young D seem to find their offensive / transition game when they start engaging physically and playing a heavier game in their own zone.

It's been two decades of seeing this over and over again.

NJN225

Jul 22, 2013
New York
Was Gryba waived yesterday? I missed that.

I never even knew that. Kind of an odd move, since we didn't really need the spot, but I certainly support it. Maybe because he wasn't getting in a game anyway? Probably the reason.

Yes it was earlier today, I didn't see it until after the game but I guess he's going to Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad