Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
That's reasonable thinking though I disagree about his value.

However, the first part is just blatantly untrue. Nepotistic hiring standards, incompetent owners, french language requirements, and bad scouting/development are infinitely more to blame than anything coming from the fanbase.
I didn’t necessarily mean just the fans, it’s the market in general. Sure all those things you listed hurt and contributed to the lack of success, but the Montreal market is so demanding and such a pressure cooker, that those running the team are constantly forced to think short-sighted as opposed to long term.

Reactions: Vijo Morganstein

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol fair enough. I don’t know his work.

Im used to reading Haggerty and his web of daily lies

I used to believe Dater was actually reliable, and I'd say on the very, very rare occasion(IE once or twice a year) he might actually report something legit.

But ever since he got fired from the Denver Post for being an idiot(Cant remember exactly what but something quite inappropriate), he's slowly gotten worse and worse as a reliable source. And now that he is running his own blog site and trying to charge a subscription fee for his site, he has basically become a complete bullshit spouting machine to try and create sales for his bottom line.

Take whatever he says these days with a dump truck worth of salt.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Hahaha! Sure, the fans valuation of their player is the reason Montreal was not in the finals in the last 20 years (it's been almost 30 years to be fair). I'd say Price injury in the East finals against NY is a better reason, but it's just me! :laugh:

What's Colorado excuse for the last 18 years? The fans as well?

Blaming the fans is a good one.
Again, it’s not the fans, it’s the market. The Montreal market (which includes the fans, the media, and everything else in Montreal) expects a good/solid team every year that competes. It’s unacceptable to tear it down and rebuild and suffer through a few years of real shittiness. I think you guys actually have a real opening right now to do a retool that results in setting the Habs setting themselves for perennial success and cup runs for the next decade. I just don’t believe it will happen, because if you’re Bergevin, you won’t be around long enough to enjoy the fruits of your labor and you’re getting canned if you do a low key fire sale and sucking the next 2ish years.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Blah Haha get real ....

Get real? There has been 3 price threads alone and a Drouin thread and Byram newhook and Timmins aswell as our first have all be thrown around like it's something that would actually happen in reality. Absolutely bonkers.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It’s this sort of mentality and overrating players in the Montreal market that’s the reason you guys haven’t gotten back to the Cup finals in almost 20 years.

Tatar is a fine player and would be a very nice 5th option for the Avs. But that doesn’t make him worth 1 of the Avs 3 best prospects. He should command a 1st + Decent Prospect (Kaut/Bowers) + throw in (Jost or lower round pick).

I could live with a first, Kaut and Jost

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Get real? There has been 3 price threads alone and a Drouin thread and Byram newhook and Timmins aswell as our first have all be thrown around like it's something that would actually happen in reality. Absolutely bonkers.

Welcome to the real world, where there are idiots everywhere...

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I just ask to not group all us habs fans together, some of us aren't idiots haha. Id love newhook but that byram ir newhook +1s is dumb. I know its probably not happening but i do have a feeling if tatar goes it will be to COL but i have no idea for what
I'm clearly not. I know yall have one of the largest fanbase in HF or even in Quebec as I live there so yes I get it.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
With the Scandellio trade one might say the Habs need Byram.

Aves in drivers seat for this one. Expect Habs to have to retain salary on Tatar if they want Byram now.

Reactions: missionAvs

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
After what Zucker Coleman Toffoli returned I can’t imagine what Tatar will cost. Is there a pick better than 1st? :laugh:

but honestly Timmins and a 1st
The ask may be too high and the teams in on him weren't willing to it up so they went with cheaper options.. Bergevin may have shot himself in the foot seeing How he got him for free basically.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
That certainly isn't an issue. Now, is it impossible that they're looking at Domi and not Tatar?

May be an issue for a GM. Going to the owner to say you need to retain salary in order to trade a guy who was the main return in the Pacioretty trade sounds awkward. I would not want to tell my boss that I needed to spend more of her money to get rid of something I bought with her money.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Someone nobody's really talking about from the Habs that could be of interest is Joel Armia. He's a big body who can play up and down the line up, signed cheap for an extra year. Is on pace for 20+ goal this year. I could see him fetch a 1st+ quite easily with the trades from the past few days.
Tatar is probably too important for the team to trade him right now. I would think they keep him for next year and re-evaluate.
Trade them both

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
May be an issue for a GM. Going to the owner to say you need to retain salary in order to trade a guy who was the main return in the Pacioretty trade sounds awkward. I would not want to tell my boss that I needed to spend more of her money to get rid of something I bought with her money.
True but Vegas is already retaining just under 10% of his salary. Also Suzuki was the main piece. Tatar was a very pleasant surprise.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHJOSTTHINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad