Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dater has some hits. He was right that Avs would be in on Panarin, months before UFA day. Also, Montreal and Colorado have heavily scouted each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That's weird. The logical fall-back option on the Habs (for Kreider) would be Kovalchuk, not Tatar. Oh well....

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
We could retain him down to 2.65 for this year and next but I'd imagine it would have to include Newhook or Timmins as a starting point

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
Retention adds no value for the Avs. Colorado has the cap space and the money.
It would also apply to next year though, wasn't sure what Colorado's cap was looking like next year, or what their free agency plans might be. Plus gives them leeway to make additions at the deadline next year.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It would also apply to next year though, wasn't sure what Colorado's cap was looking like next year, or what their free agency plans might be. Plus gives them leeway to make additions at the deadline next year.

Colorado has a large amount of cap space next year, but they are trying to preserve space for large future extensions that come due for Landeskog and Makar (after 2020-2021) and subsequently MacKinnon.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Colorado's cap isn't an issue for the next 4 years (until Mackinnon needs to re-up).

Montreal just retained on Scandella and aren't allowed to retain for more than 2 players...assuming Bergevin sells more than one other player, he'd be better to use that retention slot with another team than Colorado even if Tatar is going there.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I saw a facebook post from RDS saying that Bergevin was in Denver to scout. Boy I read the comments. Someone suggested Tatar and Kovy for a 1st, Newhook and Timmins or someone straight up Byram. It was a funny read though. Anyway what does Habs fans expect to get for Tatar?

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
Colorado's cap isn't an issue for the next 4 years (until Mackinnon needs to re-up).

Montreal just retained on Scandella and aren't allowed to retain for more than 2 players...assuming Bergevin sells more than one other player, he'd be better to use that retention slot with another team than Colorado even if Tatar is going there.
I believe you can retain on 3, but fair enough.

Reactions: llamateizer

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I saw a facebook post from RDS saying that Bergevin was in Denver to scout. Boy I read the comments. Someone suggested Tatar and Kovy for a 1st, Newhook and Timmins or someone straight up Byram. It was a funny read though. Anyway what does Habs fans expect to get for Tatar?
1rst + Kaut
or
2nd + Newhook

Otherwise, we're keeping him.

Reactions: Spilot23

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I mean I'd love that kind of package.

Realistically something similar to 1st + Timmins. But not sure how willing Sakic would be to do that

Reactions: Spilot23

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Someone nobody's really talking about from the Habs that could be of interest is Joel Armia. He's a big body who can play up and down the line up, signed cheap for an extra year. Is on pace for 20+ goal this year. I could see him fetch a 1st+ quite easily with the trades from the past few days.
Tatar is probably too important for the team to trade him right now. I would think they keep him for next year and re-evaluate.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Someone nobody's really talking about from the Habs that could be of interest is Joel Armia. He's a big body who can play up and down the line up, signed cheap for an extra year. Is on pace for 20+ goal this year. I could see him fetch a 1st+ quite easily with the trades from the past few days.
Tatar is probably too important for the team to trade him right now. I would think they keep him for next year and re-evaluate.
No way Armia gets traded. Guy gets an extension on July 1st.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Considering the market,
Tatar for 1st + Timmins + Zadorov/Jost/Kaut/Graves

I would be ok with just 1st + Timmins, but with how the recent trades have gone, the habs could definitely get more for tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad