Confirmed with Link: Avs claim D Mark Alt from PHI

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
This season has been nothing but a win for me regardless of playoffs. I would love to be there but if we miss this year I wont fret. Next season however...

I've tried to maintain this perspective all season long too. But God damn I want playoff hockey so so bad now. It's like I'm a kid with a sweet tooth who vaguely hears the ice cream truck, but the closer it gets to my house the more I'm like I REALLY WANT ICE CREAM.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
If we're gonna make it, one of Dallas or Anaheim is gonna have to fall off a cliff while we keep winning. St. Louis is helping but we need one more to start losing.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I think this demonstrates what this board has become. Preconceived notions, and exaggerations.

I agree but perhaps in a different way, Nemeth being the whipping boy here game after game is simply laughable (talking about exaggerations).

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post earlier.

Nemeth is suffering from playing too high in the lineup, but he's also suffering from sucking really, really bad. He's nowhere near the defenseman he was earlier in the season, and that has as much to do with his decline, as it does with playing too high in the lineup.

People in general don't watch defenseman closely, and this is just another case. Nemeth turns over lots of pucks, makes lots of bad passes, and blows a lot of his coverage assignments.

He's making TONS of mistakes out there, and his confidence is in the gutter. Every time he makes a mistakes he throws his head back and sulks. It's not going to get better at this rate. He needs to reset mentally, and sitting for a game might help him do that.

Nemeth is suffering from sucking, really, really bad? ;-) The level of disrespect a couple of you are displaying is almost provocing. Didn't you have comments about "what this board has become", you are trying really hard making it a better place?

If you were right Bednar has to be one increadibly stupid coach for constantly having him in the lineup and overplaying him (giving him too much icetime).

I assume you think he is suffering from sucking really, really bad in powerplay killing as well?

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
If we're gonna make it, one of Dallas or Anaheim is gonna have to fall off a cliff while we keep winning. St. Louis is helping but we need one more to start losing.
No. Considering the games in hand Avs are in a good position. (Edit: Talking about the 2nd wildcard, unfortunately) They just need to win many hockey games.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
No. Considering the games in hand Avs are in a good position. (Edit: Talking about the 2nd wildcard, unfortunately) They just need to win many hockey games.

1 game in hand on Anaheim, 2 on St. Louis and none on Dallas. I think we need a bit of help, it's not that big of a gap. The only way I can see it not mattering is if we go on a big streak again.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I agree but perhaps in a different way, Nemeth being the whipping boy here game after game is simply laughable (talking about exaggerations).

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post earlier.

Nemeth is suffering from sucking, really, really bad? ;-) The level of disrespect a couple of you are displaying is almost provocing. Didn't you have comments about "what this board has become", you are trying really hard making it a better place?

If you were right Bednar has to be one increadibly stupid coach for constantly having him in the lineup and overplaying him (giving him too much icetime).

I assume you think he is suffering from sucking really, really bad in powerplay killing as well?

I think Nemeth is capable of playing better than he has, and it makes total sense for Bednar to play him. EJ, Lindholm, and Barberio are injured, Girard has had some rookie struggles lately, Z has had some tough stretches, and there's not a whole lot of other options.

I don't think Nemeth should be the whipping boy by any means. I haven't been around as much lately after games, so maybe that's the case, but there are plenty of other reasons for the team's struggles besides him. He just happens to be one of them because he makes mistakes on literally every other shift, and it's hurting the team.

He's suffering from having his mistakes magnified in EJ's absence, but his struggles started long before EJ went down. Ideally he needs to sit for a game and reset mentally because he looks overwhelmed right now, and that just leads to things spiraling out of control. Unfortunately, the Avs depth is really hurting right now, and they may not be able to afford to sit him. That's my general take on him.

Reactions: 21 and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This season has been nothing but a win for me regardless of playoffs. I would love to be there but if we miss this year I wont fret. Next season however...

After the shots they took at MacK & EJ, I'm scared of what the hockey gods will do if we don't miss and let them hook us up for last season's lottery...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->