TSN: Avs and Bruins have emerged as the frontrunners for Chris Kreider

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I believe AVs is easily the better proposal, extending is more likely BOS.
I know he's from Massachusetts, but with what money would they extend him? Beside Krug/Halak, it's not like there is much money coming off the books with DeBrusk, Bjork, Chara? all needing new deals. They could trade someone, but who?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I know he's from Massachusetts, but with what money would they extend him? Beside Krug/Halak, it's not like there is much money coming off the books with DeBrusk, Bjork, Chara? all needing new deals. They could trade someone, but who?

Backes. Send his contract to the AVs and include a 1st + prospect.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

Heinen and Miller would have to go to NY for cap reasons.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Hard to give up Studnicka, but I don't see Beecher/Frederick/etc moving the needle. We'll see!

If Kaut is available, he'd make the Colorado offer more enticing than Boston's without Studnicka.

I also think odds of Colorado extending Kreider higher than Boston doing the same, making Colorado's case even more attractive for NY (unlocking a conditional pick).

If anyone is putting real value in the 1st, from an aspect that it is actually an important piece in the trade, Colorado's will be a better pick. Kaut, Jost and a 1st would be tremendous.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I think the Bruins will trade the 1st if the Rangers or whoever are willing to take Backes.

We saw TOR move Marleau for a 1st..........expect Backes to be the same but then you aren;t likely getting CK unless the package is all prospects/NHL ready players. NYR can't take Backes in return because they have their own cap issues and players to re sign.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Rangers should not take cap dumps back that extend beyond the end of this season.

Agreed. I'm not taking Backes back unless Studnicka is part of the deal.

EDIT: For clarity- I'm talking about a deal that includes Kreider+taking Backes back. Obviously shedding Backes alone isn't worth Studnicka.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Agreed. I'm not taking Backes back unless Studnicka is part of the deal.

EDIT: For clarity- I'm talking about a deal that includes Kreider+taking Backes back. Obviously shedding Backes alone isn't worth Studnicka.

We're already looking at $7.5 mil of dead cap space next year and that's even before considering if there will be buyouts and/or retained cap on the likes of Lundqvist, Staal or Smith. We also have RFA's like Georgiev, Lemieux but most importantly DeAngelo. Taking on Backes would seriously crimp our ability to manage our own cap next year--might leave to moves to get cap compliant that we really don't want to make. Studnicka is an excellent young prospect but he's not worth taking on Backes in our current situation. Backes is a problem of the Bruins own making.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
So price is:

1st, Kaut, Jost and a conditional pick if he re-signs

or

1st, Studnicka, Kuhlman and a conditional pick if he re-signs.

Who wins?

I would think both are realistic and am guessing NYR would be happy take either. But if forced to pick between two, I am taking COL offer first. But its close.

(Also, all the Backes talk...the cost of dumping Backes at trade deadline will painful. Just wait until June...would probably only cost mid-round pick then).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad