TSN: Avs and Bruins have emerged as the frontrunners for Chris Kreider

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Byram returns a Zibanejad type, not a Kreider.

There are a few Rangers fans that have delusions of grandeur thinking Kreider will net is Byram or Newhook.

Lol, wishful thinking....

But what you just said is miles more insane than that. You may not realize how good a player Mika’s developed into. 1C. 26. Right handed. Signed for 2 more years @5.3M.

As electric as a guy like Panarin has been, Mika might be the most valuable player in the organization right now with the role he plays and how well he’s played it.

Not to derail this thread, but unless Newhook + was attached as a starting point, Byram doesn’t return a Zibanejad type.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I've been hearing that Kreider actually hates natural disasters due to a traumatic incident when he was a kid so the Hurricanes, Lightning and Avalanche are all on his NTC. I also heard that if the Avs include Byram in a deal the Rangers are willing to pay for therapy and convince him to go to Colorado, at which point if you're Joe you have to pull the trigger.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
please if we give up assets again for a premier winger can he actually produce for us? pleaasseeeee

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
We all might have strong opinions on who is worth what, but this all comes down to the GM. Nothing in Sakic's background as GM tells me he'd trade a top 3 COL prospect for Kreider.

Sweeney on the other hand, I could see him overpaying for a big, fast, talented north/south MA native like Kreider who fits the Bruins mold perfectly. I could also see Doug Armstrong reasoning that Kreider is the difference between a repeat and a finals loss to the Bruins this time, so trading Kyrou and a 1st doesn't mean as much to him as it might to an educated fan on HF Boards.

Who knows. These are all smart GMs with different needs and personalities, and I doubt any of them parts with a top prospect, but I do see Sakic as the least likely to do so.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gorton has asked for Kostin. Perhaps to reunite him with Kravtsov. Which I think would be even easier on St. Louis to swallow since being hesitant on trading Kyrou for a rental. Can't see Kreider signing in St Louis long term.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Good job complaining about the 3rd or 4th most valuable piece in a deal that massively is in the favor of your team :D.
More along the lines of why even include him in that trade? Not complaining if he's a throw in. I'm sure Hartford could use him when he's not on the shelf.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Wouldn't surprise me if Gorton has asked for Kostin. Perhaps to reunite him with Kravtsov. Which I think would be even easier on St. Louis to swallow since being hesitant on trading Kyrou for a rental. Can't see Kreider signing in St Louis long term.

I hope the Rangers get Kostin. been a fan of his for a while

Reactions: charliemurphy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can see Sakic saying to Gorton : Don't @ me when Kreider runs through Shestyorkin. Couple minutes later : Kreider have been traded to the Avs for Tyson Jost and... That's it ! Tyson Jost to the Rangers :sarcasm:

How many goalies would you say Kreider has ran in the last five years?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Kravtsov might not be much of an NHL piece, so I doubt Gorton is trying to acquire players who he played with for less than 10 games in a junior hockey tournament. If Kostin is the best piece he could get, that's what he'd take, but I certainly don't think he's taking less than he can get to reunite that player with a non-core piece playing badly in the AHL.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
So price is:

1st, Kaut, Jost and a conditional pick if he re-signs

or

1st, Studnicka, Kuhlman and a conditional pick if he re-signs.

Who wins?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
due to a glaring organizational need, the bruins cant be trading stud unless its for a 1b/2a center in his prime, period
Hard to give up Studnicka, but I don't see Beecher/Frederick/etc moving the needle. We'll see!

If Kaut is available, he'd make the Colorado offer more enticing than Boston's without Studnicka.

I also think odds of Colorado extending Kreider higher than Boston doing the same, making Colorado's case even more attractive for NY (unlocking a conditional pick).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->