TSN: Avs and Bruins have emerged as the frontrunners for Chris Kreider

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Kreider as a Bruin makes too much sense not to happen.

That's a very "love-hate" statement. I respect get hate both the player and team mentioned...hah

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Avs arent trading Byram, Newhook, Timmins.. They wouldnt include them for Hall they wont include them for Kreider

With injuries, and losing the last 3 games, the situation has changed from several months ago.
Dallas is almost silently in 1st place......they could be a dark horse on Kreider.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think that’s fair, and might be exactly what happens. However, considering Makar is amazing, do the Avs move Byram?

Mark Stone was essentially moved for Brannstrom, who’s a lesser prospect than Byram is. You don’t see teams trading blue-chip defensemen for rentals. Lots of 2nd tier prospects get moved, but never guys like Byram.

Byram returns a Zibanejad type, not a Kreider.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
This is Chris Kreider we're talking about. He plays all positions, chops, slices, dices, comes packaged with 5G connectivity, and cripples goalies like nobody in the league.

He's played RW a little bit. Definitely not his strong side though.
So translation no lol.....he's a streaky player very good pickup but not a savior.....another piece of the puzzle for a team.....still believe it's in his best interest to stay a NYR a great fit in their top six for next few years.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
In Colorado Kreider will play on the 1st line with MacKinnon, in Boston he'll play on the 2nd line with Krejci.

Winning aside, if I'm Kreider and want to get paid as a free agent next year, I rather play with MacK, put up tons of points and up my price.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Mark Stone was essentially moved for Brannstrom, who’s a lesser prospect than Byram is. You don’t see teams trading blue-chip defensemen for rentals. Lots of 2nd tier prospects get moved, but never guys like Byram.

Byram returns a Zibanejad type, not a Kreider.
Byram returns a number 1 center and over a ppg player who plays a very good defensive game/pk'er? Can we wait until Byram plays an nhl game to have him be part of Johansen/Jones type of trade.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Byram returns a number 1 center and over a ppg player who plays a very good defensive game/pk'er? Can we wait until Byram plays an nhl game to have him be part of Johansen/Jones type of trade.
Well, probably not 1 for 1 but the point is Byram doesn't get moved for a bandaid player like Kreider. He gets traded for a younger established piece that costs more than just Byram. Otherwise why not just roll the dice and see if he reaches his potential? That potential is pretty sick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Well, probably not 1 for 1 but the point is Byram doesn't get moved for a bandaid player like Kreider. He gets traded for a younger established piece that costs more than just Byram. Otherwise why not just roll the dice and see if he reaches his potential? That potential is pretty sick.
Yeah definitely not one for one. Number one centers in this league are the toughest thing to acquire IMO. especially ones that play defense too. Kreider does not bring back Byram but I also think Kreider would be more than just a bandaid on a team like Colorado. Along with the Bruins its the one team I could see him signing with. Don't the Avs have decent amount of cap space?

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Gorton and Sweeney have a good relationship. They've also done 3 trades together in the past 2 years. Hopefully that helps.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In Colorado Kreider will play on the 1st line with MacKinnon, in Boston he'll play on the 2nd line with Krejci.

Winning aside, if I'm Kreider and want to get paid as a free agent next year, I rather play with MacK, put up tons of points and up my price.

Well if the Rangers do decide to move Chris he should go to the team that offers the best deal. I'm pretty sure the Rangers really liked Newhook at last year's draft and if he is off the table I can see that being a team other than Colorado. Just saying.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well if the Rangers do decide to move Chris he should go to the team that offers the best deal. I'm pretty sure the Rangers really liked Newhook at last year's draft and if he is off the table I can see that being a team other than Colorado. Just saying.
I know, I'm just saying if I'm Kreider and those two teams want me, I'd prefer playing with MacK rather than Krejci, no offense

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle alone is overmatching other teams 3rd lines. Put together with Kreider they'd destroy them. The B's would essentially have two 2nd lines, one nice, and one nasty.

Reactions: wintersej

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I know, I'm just saying if I'm Kreider and those two teams want me, I'd prefer playing with MacK rather than Krejci, no offense

That's kind of a maybe. I wouldn't compare Krejci to MacKinnon for sure but if Kreider doesn't sign with the Rangers the Bruins are the most likely IMO. He has a home in Connecticut and he grew up north of Boston and a Bruin fan. Playing with MacKinnon would really be a great experience but playing for the team you grew up a fan of and not being too far away from your home is worth consideration too. I think he'd be fine being traded to either if that's what it comes to but I really think he'd prefer staying with the Rangers. As a free agent if it's not the Rangers I'd bet on Boston if they have the cap space anyway.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That's kind of a maybe. I wouldn't compare Krejci to MacKinnon for sure but if Kreider doesn't sign with the Rangers the Bruins are the most likely IMO. He has a home in Connecticut and he grew up north of Boston and a Bruin fan. Playing with MacKinnon would really be a great experience but playing for the team you grew up a fan of and not being too far away from your home is worth consideration too. I think he'd be fine being traded to either if that's what it comes to but I really think he'd prefer staying with the Rangers. As a free agent if it's not the Rangers I'd bet on Boston if they have the cap space anyway.
I dont disagree, but I have heard from players that some prefer to play in their home town or state, and for some it's important what line and with whom they're gonna play with on a new team, and the role they're gonna have. On the Avs Kreider will be the 2nd leading scorer this year, will definitely play on the top line with MacKinnon, and Avs have the cap space and room to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad