TSN: Avs and Bruins have emerged as the frontrunners for Chris Kreider

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Here for all the Rangers fans who think they'll get Newhook :laugh::laugh:

Jost + 1st is the highest I'd go.
I think that’s fair, and might be exactly what happens. However, considering Makar is amazing, do the Avs move Byram?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Big drop off from Kreider to Tatar. Not believing this. Avs have the prospects and picks to get Kreider, and the cap room to keep him long term. Tatar would be merely a rental, and not really a very good one.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Doesn't matter, it's a completely different situation now than months prior. The Avs need to stay afloat or they will miss the 2020 playoffs......they're moving that 1st and Kaut nor the baggage of Tyson Jost will get it done for what Kreider+Georgiev has to offer them. I said to screen cap it, so do it. And be prepared to be "shocked" or whatever on Feb.22
Kreider was doing algebra homework at Josts age. He’s also not that good, if avs need to stay afloat Kreider ain’t the answer.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
The Avs need to stay afloat or they will miss the 2020 playoffs.
Well this is an interesting, albeit uninformed, perspective. The Avs are 1 point behind Dallas and St Louis with a game in hand on each. 8 points above the next central team, which feels comfy with 20 games left tbh. I see them making the playoffs. If WPG or NSH makes a run, and we are that badly affected by these injuries, then I could see us dropping into a WC spot (5 points ahead of those pacific teams in the WC right now). But it feels weird saying we might miss the playoffs when we could take the division lead by our next game even. Wacky stuff.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Avs have plenty of cap room to sign Kreider. He’s a fabulous player, who is big, and plays the right way.
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but doesn't mean because Avs get Kreider at the deadline that he re-signs with them.

Guy will get swarmed with offers on July 1st. At least, Tatar is under contract next year.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
That's a pretty terrible backup plan/.
How is it terrible if we're missing a bunch of top 6 guys and intended on contending this year? Tatar is a bit of a perimeter player, no doubt (imo). His 53 points are probably less substance than Kreider's 42 because Kreider brings a big body, some physicality, and crazy speed which is perfect for Avs system of skating top speed all the time. Not a terrible idea though on face value, as we really just need some players to fill the void while we wait for Kadri and Rantanen. It depends on what's going back though. I wouldn't part with a 1st for Tatar, nor would I part with Byram, Newhook, or Timmins. Beyond that, I could probably stomach something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->