Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire S. Girard, S. Bowers, V. Kamenev, A. Hammond, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for M. Duchene - Part II

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

giphy.gif

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
This is very much a love/hate thread for me. Its great being reminded of such a great trade but cant help but think of all the bad karma we may be due with all the gloating were doing. I understand on paper sens arent a very good team but you never know what can happen

Reactions: Nihiliste

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still think that Ottawa could still surprise, if for no other reason than simple, dumb luck. I don't see them being contenders but I'm not convinced they're lottery fodder either. That said, I still don't want Sakic to trade the pick.

Reactions: Avs44

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If the pick ends up being 20-31, oh well. Parity league leads to some weird things sometimes. That's what we expected after trade anyways, and I think most here would do it again in a heart beat.

If it ends up top 10 I'm over the moon.

The pick shouldn't be moved unless a signed Stone or EK is involved. Even then I'm not sure Sakic should be willing to give it up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Everyone being thrilled with a pick we expected in the late teens. :laugh:

If Martin Kaut were Ottawa's 1st we'd be smug here. We're going to be a conga line if that pick is in the top 5.

True. I think this was a great trade regardless and that 1st is just going to be a nice bonus. I would've been perfectly fine with a mid 1st round pick but it's looking more and more like it'll be a lot higher than that.

Reactions: MarkT

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Part of me is hoping that doesn't turn into 1st overall, because I don't see the Sens recovering from that for a great many years, and I definitely do not see Matt Duchene recovering from that, like, ever.

That said, if it happens, I won't cry.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Part of me is hoping that doesn't turn into 1st overall, because I don't see the Sens recovering from that for a great many years, and I definitely do not see Matt Duchene recovering from that, like, ever.

That said, if it happens, I won't cry.

I'd be fine with 2nd OA lol

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Reading that article on Bowers I can see why the Avs were so high on Bowers at his draft. It will be fun to watch him developed.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For those without a subscription, what did Makar say about Bowers?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The thing with Bowers is that he has a really high floor and is a really hard worker and really good skill, so similar to ROR, he really has nowhere but up to go in his development.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For those without a subscription, what did Makar say about Bowers?

When he(Cale) heard the Avs acquired him in the Duchene trade he looked him up a bit online watching clips on youtube and stuff to see what kind of player he was. He knew he was pretty good as a former 1st rounder but didn't know much more about him.

Then he played against Shane for a pair of games in a weeks span last year where Bowers had 3+1 in those 2 games and Cale said playing against him made him quickly realize that the Avs got themselves a special player in that trade.

Pretty cool quote. Should further silence any worries from certain posters about Makar not signing with us. The dude was invested in the Avs enough to be following the Duchene trade and looking into who we were acquiring from the moment the trade happens. Sounds like a guy who really wants to be a key part in the success of this team in the near future.

The article in general is a pretty good article, probably Clark's best yet for the Athletic. He gets some good quotes from Hepple about him as well, and a few other guys.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bowers had a few great quotes on Makar as well. A few times when they played each other and Bowers was on the bench Makar was doing things on the ice that had him and his teamates looking at each other questioning if he actually did what they had just saw. And said when he was on the ice he got nervous a few times when Makar came on because he didn't want to get caught looking silly by Cale.

Reactions: The Merchant

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
When he(Cale) heard the Avs acquired him in the Duchene trade he looked him up a bit online watching clips on youtube and stuff to see what kind of player he was. He knew he was pretty good as a former 1st rounder but didn't know much more about him.

Then he played against Shane for a pair of games in a weeks span last year where Bowers had 3+1 in those 2 games and Cale said playing against him made him quickly realize that the Avs got themselves a special player in that trade.

Pretty cool quote. Should further silence any worries from certain posters about Makar not signing with us. The dude was invested in the Avs enough to be following the Duchene trade and looking into who we were acquiring from the moment the trade happens. Sounds like a guy who really wants to be a key part in the success of this team in the near future.

The article in general is a pretty good article, probably Clark's best yet for the Athletic. He gets some good quotes from Hepple about him as well, and a few other guys.
Did you quote me by mistake? Lol
Your post seems to be more in response to Balthazar's post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->