Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Andre Burakovsky for a 2nd rd pick, 3rd rd pick, and Scott Kosmachuk

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even outside of the stats (which are better anyway) Shaw brings more to his team than the 6'3 softie. He's got a lot of bite in his game.

Shaw > Burakovsky (as of right now, at least).

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Even outside of the stats (which are better) Shaw brings more to his team than the 6'3 softie. He's got a lot of bite in his game.

Shaw > Burakovsky (as of right now, at least).

Shaw was undoubtedly bought high. Burky was bought low, his last season was his worst.

Reactions: Foppberg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Players are weird. Sometimes you have a Grigs, other times a William Karlsson. Shaw might bring more to the table right now but I like the gamble of Burakovsky better. Don't love what we gave up but it is what it is. We'll see if the gamble pays off.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Meh I mean Shaw and Bura score at similar clips.

Burky is younger, faster, bigger, and has more potential. I'd give the edge slightly to the Avs when comparing these trades, but both the trades are still bad.

On Burky I will say, his fear of physical contact (a poster said he goes to great lengths to avoid contact) is really concerning. Shaw has the big edge there.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Players are weird. Sometimes you have a Grigs, other times a William Karlsson. Shaw might bring more to the table right now but I like the gamble of Burakovsky better. Don't love what we gave up but it is what it is. We'll see if the gamble pays off.
I wished Grigs stayed another season, no one should be judged on that 16/17 year. We were stuck with Soda cause of his contract and he turned it around.

Grigorenko has been very good in the KHL, I think he should have a job in this league.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I wished Grigs stayed another season, no one should be judged on that 16/17 year. We were stuck with Soda cause of his contract and he turned it around.

Grigorenko has been very good in the KHL, I think he should have a job in this league.
Yeah.. yeah no. I liked Grigs the person but he's not built for the NHL. His style is too ... sleepy.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Also, don't fall into the trap of comparing Soderberg and Burky. They play completely different roles. Compare Burky to Wilson or even Ghetto or Bork.

Burakovsky's hockey IQ and potential is far superior to Wilson, Ghetto and Bork, almost uncomparable. Hopefully his fellow Swede Landeskog teaches him some attitude, he need to work harder and play a more physical game, improving his defensive game. I would never compare Burakovsky with Soderberg though, different type of players. Burakovsky is more a sniper kind of player when on his game/potential.

We need strong coaching here, a tough captain, a good sport psychologist and everything will be fine. ;-)

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Have you watched him in the K? Greg still has all of the same faults that plagued him on the smaller ice, but playing for a powerhouse on the bigger ice just lets him get around those flaws.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Burakovsky's hockey IQ and potential is far superior to Wilson, Ghetto and Bork, almost uncomparable. Hopefully his fellow Swede Landeskog teaches him some attitude, he need to work harder and play a more physical game, improving his defensive game. I would never compare Burakovsky with Soderberg though, different type of players. Burakovsky is more a sniper kind of player when on his game/potential.

We need strong coaching here, a tough captain, a good sport psychologist and everything will be fine. ;-)

Yeah, Bura has almost as much potential as Terri did.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Have you watched him in the K? Greg still has all of the same faults that plagued him on the smaller ice, but playing for a powerhouse on the bigger ice just lets him get around those flaws.
It's easier for anyone to play in Europe. I still think he should have a job in the NHL. And he probably could if he wanted to.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's easier for anyone to play in Europe. I still think he should have a job in the NHL. And he probably could if he wanted to.

Don't understand why we're still talking about this guy. He simply didn't want it enough. That's why he's in Europe half-assing his way to decent tax-free paychecks.

And it isn't just that season of failure, he was a thoroughly mediocre player throughout his NHL career. But he absolutely should be judged to some extent, he was given the role, ice time, and linemates to at least make people take notice and he was a big, slow, perimeter player who did nothing of consequence on the ice. All the talent and hockey IQ in the world won't help you if that's what you bring to the table.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Washington had strong coaching and Ovechkin as captain.

Didn't get the full potential out of Burav.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Washington had strong coaching and Ovechkin as captain.

Didn't get the full potential out of Burav.

We will see, he is more mature, more experienced and a new environment.

I have a new player following in Colorado after Nemeth I guess, another underrated player. :)

I do feel more insecure about Burakovsky comparing to what I felt for Nemeth. In an opposite way though, Burakovsky is talented for sure, question mark for work ethic, defensive and physical play. Nemeth is a physical unafraid workhorse but not very technical in his game.

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
My not so bold prediction: he's going to be our new Yak/Greg/Colborne. Bednar has no time for guys like that.

He'll be a healthy scratch at some point this year. Might even see AJ Greer get more love from Bedsy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad