Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
What's a flock of butterflies called? Because here's some more for u. Pionk, demelo, hellebuyck, Schmidt, ehlers, Connor, monahan, toffoli, Gustafson, iafallo
A kaleidoscope because of the colours. All I saw in the third was brown and a bit of red.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Can bitch about the refs all you want, but when you have the 21st ranked PK going up against the 5th ranked PP... it's not going to be a good outcome.

How hard is it to win a playoff game knowing you can't take a single penalty because it's going to end up in your net. NO ONE should be surprised by this as people were complaining about the PK all season.
Well right now the Oilers are 3/7 on the PP tonight and the Kings have one of the top PK in the league.
Even Debrusk said the penalties calls were weird. Game management?

Reactions: Aries56

DrChar

Jul 13, 2023
Well right now the Oilers are 3/7 on the PP tonight and the Kings have one of the top PK in the league.
Even Debrusk said the penalties calls were weird. Game management?
But we got a PP with 5 min left when we were down 5-2!

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I'm mad but not with the boys.

Might not have been pretty but they went onto the ice in the 3rd with a 2-1 lead. Next thing you know, the officials start throwing the book at them, after letting dodgy shite from Colorado slide all night.

We all saw it.

If you're forced to kill penalties for the majority of the period, it's not going to end well. Yeah the boys haven't played grade A hockey but they had a chance to steal this one. That's all you need to do in the playoffs.

I'm just going to say it, the NHL clearly wants us out, so I guess it's time to nut up. A 2-1 hole on the road is a hole, but I've seen worse. Time to play with fire in the belly. Time to come out in game 4 and die trying.

F the Avalanche, F zebras, F sports media personnel and F the NHL. We're all we've got.

Come hell or high water, I'm going down with the ship. See you Sunday.
This is a gutless bunch save for Lowry but kudos to you for staying positive
Apparently getting outshot 40-24 means your goaltender is the problem.
Ii is not his fault but he is not coming up with the big save when needed. Same can be said for the supposed stars like Scheif , Ehlers and Connor.
There has also been no one to step up and take the team on its back. Lowry tries but is limited.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Saw a close up of Dillon's hand and its way more brutal than I thought in the moment. Looks like a big slice, apparently his hand got stepped on by a skate.

Really hope its not as bad as it looks and it heals quickly but I won't be surprised if some important tendons/nerves are severed with some lasting damage

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
5 power plays in the first 10 mins of the 3rd for one team but you don’t call interference and tripping calls on them is all you need to know about the game.
The people blaming Hellebuyck for the loss are just as bad as the refs if not worse.
It was ridiculous. Helly was not the sole reason but the 5 hole goal contributed to the downward spiral. The Jets best players once again are not being their best players

Need more guys on D that can actually carry the puck and make plays out of our end. Too much chips and dumps to nowhere. JM must be one exhausted dude, at this point.
Hmm Declan Chisholm would have been nice...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It was ridiculous. Helly was not the sole reason but the 5 hole goal contributed to the downward spiral. The Jets best players once again are not being their best players

Hmm Declan Chisholm would have been nice...

Declan Chisholm doesn't do that. If he were here he'd be playing the exact same system.

DrChar

Jul 13, 2023
If chevy is making a call to the head office I’d rather it be about the playoff seeding format than the referreeing. Avs were cup favorites going into playoffs for a reason

Reactions: Orrrules

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It's more like trying to draw attention to a crumbling education system and only seeing people complain about no school lunches.

I'd love to watch a game with you, though. I think we'd actually get along really well.
Small class sizes, 5-6 TA’s in each classroom sure hasn’t improved the education system……

Reactions: Orrrules

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He can move the puck. Did you see him with Minni?

I did. I don't expect the result to have been any different with him here. If we're talking about Chisholm being a difference maker I feel we're really reaching for things to criticize when there's plenty of other stuff much worse than losing Chisholm.

Reactions: Keystone and GNP

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Now the Jets are still in this especially if they can put it together on Sunday, but if by chance they lose the next two games they can't run it back next year with all the same cast of characters.
I don't know how much major reconstruction can be done. Ehlers is probably the only player they could get a return on. The UFAs will likely be gone (Monahan, Toffoli, Dillon - who likely played his last game as a Jet tonight). Time for a youth movement? Chibrikov, Lambert and Heinola? Maybe Salomonsson - but probably not in the NHL next year.

Connor-Scheifele-Villardi (which hasn't really been great)
Appleton-Lowry-Niederreiter (3rd line with 2nd line minutes)
Chibrikov-Lambert-Perfetti (Benched, Benched and Benched the first time they make a mistake)
Barron-Names-Whatever

Morrissey-Demelo?
Samberg-Heinola?
Stanley-Schmidt?

Hellebuyck
Probably a significantly worse backup than Brossoit

Does that lineup make the playoffs? I'm not including whatever they get back for Ehlers, but I have a feeling it'll be a bit disappointing. A Monahan/Toffoli grade player and maybe a late pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad