Avg. Ticket price ranking for all teams

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
golleafsgo_17 said:
ahh, now i see, the key to winning the Stanley Cup is having the lowest average ticket price..

In that case, the Leafs are in trouble. :shakehead

As a visitor who only gets to the odd game in Toronto, I have never seen an available ticket for under $100. :cry:

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
I think this price is for SEASON TICKET average price per game?

If you are talking about single tickets, its much much higher.

Because I think it will cost you $54.50 to get parking at a Canucks game let alone a ticket to see them play

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
triggrman said:
Minnesota has one of the highest ticket prices
As has already been discussed, positioning on these types of lists is meaningless because the list is wildly inaccurate for some teams who do not report figures that accurately reflect the actual prices in the building. This is a perfect example... here we have Minnesota listed at #5 and Colorado listed at #19, in spite of the fact that Colorado's ticket prices are much, much higher. It isn't even close. In fact, Minnesota has some extremely reasonable prices:

http://wild.com/tickets/SingleGame.html

And those are their single-game prices... season-ticket prices are obviously going to be even lower.

This is exactly why lists like this are worthless.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
As has already been discussed, positioning on these types of lists is meaningless because the list is wildly inaccurate for some teams who do not report figures that accurately reflect the actual prices in the building. This is a perfect example... here we have Minnesota listed at #5 and Colorado listed at #19, in spite of the fact that Colorado's ticket prices are much, much higher. It isn't even close. In fact, Minnesota has some extremely reasonable prices:

http://wild.com/tickets/SingleGame.html

And those are their single-game prices... season-ticket prices are obviously going to be even lower.

This is exactly why lists like this are worthless.

Perhaps Minnesota honestly answered the questions while most teams fudged their answers or outright lied.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
cup2006sensrule said:
Perhaps Minnesota honestly answered the questions while most teams fudged their answers or outright lied.
Precisely. I wouldn't go so far as to necessarily say "most," but definitely at least a few are choosing to define things in a way that results in a drastic misrepresentation of actual ticket prices (and Colorado is a prime example). And that's the point. When some teams are doing this, these lists become worthless.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
gscarpenter2002 said:
EVERY team does giveaways, kdb. Even the mighty leafs give tickets to charities. They also give them to radio stations and other media outlets for promotional purposes. I am still dubious about the numbers, mind you, but let's not get carried away.

As well, players' wives and (sometimes) families get tickets. I have certainly heard of athletes in other sports getting tickets as part of their compensation. I am sure that used to be the case, although I think the new CBA has stamped that out except for traditional practices that have been expressly retained(wives, parents to first game, etc).

As for the Leafs, keep in mind that the quoted figures are in US$.

Article 20 in the new CBA has two complimentary tickets per home team player per game in the next to highest $ (excluding boxes) seating level. Other player tickets are paid for by player, NHLPA.

I agree that the method of research here is highly questionable. The discounts because of lockout could really throw this especially with such as the Phoenix 2 for 1 sale on season tickets and discount plans by other teams. It would be more appropriate for cost comparison if the league releases line item ticket revenues (for cap calc. purposes) and divide those numbers by total attendance.

On SJ, as an example, this average ticket price would yield $24 mil in ticket revs (not including playoffs). I am absolutely certain that this will be significantly lower than what the team will report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->