Avatar: The Last Airbender Becoming Live-Action Netflix Series

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I have never watched any of the original stuff. I enjoyed this vaguely because it’s a pretty good fantasy story, but man is the dialogue something awful.

Reactions: maclean

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It's definitely not a masterpiece like the original was, but overall I really enjoyed this show. Especially with most shows that change mediums being awful. Looking forward to season 2

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
6 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. The plot is the same even if they get there a bit differently. As someone else said, the Zuko Iroh stuff is somehow even better than the original. The stuff with Zuko and his legion is also better than the original imo. The show feels like Avatar but a bit more serious. Some of the two episode arcs have elements from like 6 different original episodes and somehow it works pretty well. I would agree the acting can be not so great at times, but overall they did a great job imo. Looking forward to these last two episodes.
YA the overall plot is the same but I am guessing since it is much more expensive to produce than the animated version was, they made cuts or slight changes to reach the same point. Some stuff they cut I would have preferred they not but overall it does an ok job given it is only 8 episodes. I have 1 more to watch for this first season.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Here is one reviews description of the first season. Do people agree or was there stuff that was cut you would not mind had they included?

Netflix's adaptation sets a different tone by showcasing key events early, adding depth to characters like Prince Zuko and Princess Azula. The faster-paced first season covers the same ground as the animated series, offering a more focused journey for Team Avatar with fewer distractions.

Another article that tries to match up what happens in each live action episode to what happens in the animated series

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Here is one reviews description of the first season. Do people agree or was there stuff that was cut you would not mind had they included?

Netflix's adaptation sets a different tone by showcasing key events early, adding depth to characters like Prince Zuko and Princess Azula. The faster-paced first season covers the same ground as the animated series, offering a more focused journey for Team Avatar with fewer distractions.

Another article that tries to match up what happens in each live action episode to what happens in the animated series

Uh. I think it hits most of the important plot points while abandoning some others.

I wouldn't say it covers the same ground. The animated series had a lot more room to breathe and let the audience grow attached to the core characters more organically.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This will have less episodes but it's ~50 minute episodes compared to ~25 minute ones. It's probably not that much less time when you do the math.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Just watched Masks and I'm dropping this. The visuals looks great and I don't mind the adjustments they make to the story, but I can't get past the bad writing and acting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad