Avangard Omsk are Gagarin Cup champions (4-2 vs CSKA)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
First of all I'm happy for Hartley. He showed that he is a good "Euro hockey" coach when he first shaped my limited national team in a unit I can be proud of. Secondly, I want to praise Avangard decision makers and purse holders, for not making a knee jerk reaction after a subpar second season with Hartley in charge, it could have been so easy to sack him after early playoff exit.

Omsk is hockey city trough and trough, glad that their team was able to pull it off, hopefully they will soon be able to repeat the success while playing in Omsk itself.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
They just extended Nail Yakupov. Really wish Nail would’ve worked out in the NHL. Yak of all trades.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They just extended Nail Yakupov. Really wish Nail would’ve worked out in the NHL. Yak of all trades.
He is a KHL middle-6 forward at this point (even though he is in prime-age, in theory), A LOT of things had to go differently for him to succeed in the NHL...

Reactions: Rossi Rat

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sadly it sounds like half of the roster won't be there next season.
Honestly, business as usual for most KHL teams. Also from key players, nobody has officially announced they are leaving. It was clear that Kostin and Kovi are going to leave all along, Boucher, Hrubec and Kaski might still get extended. I think the only player who's UFA and the loss would really sting is Semyonov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad