OT: Avalounge: What happens in Vegas...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
People have different tastes and are self-centered enough to always think their taste is good.
Different tastes doesn't mean those tastes are good though (ask Ceremony what he thinks of my music, lol). I wish people (aka chicks) in general would play more instruments as kids and teens to realise that majority of music they listen to is so brain-dead boring and numb. I want people to break out the stereotype where men can only play guitars or drums and that women should only sing, play pianos, or play violins. #metoo

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not the biggest country music fan but give me a guy with a guitar and a cowboy hat any time over that electronic music thing.

I will say this. There are a good amount of EDM artists that are fantastic musicians, and a lot of them actually play them live. Like Griz plays the sax and has shows where he has a New Orleans big band come out and play with him.

But yes there are also edm artists who know how to play the computer and typical they make bad music.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Different tastes doesn't mean those tastes are good though (ask Ceremony what he thinks of my music, lol). I wish people (aka chicks) in general would play more instruments as kids and teens to realise that majority of music they listen to is so brain-dead boring and numb. I want people to break out the stereotype where men can only play guitars or drums and that women should only sing, play pianos, or play violins. #metoo

Yeah like love of K Pop and EDM ;)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, I was trolling guys...of course music is a personal taste. However, I am still under the notion that certain people would have rightfully never become famous if more peeps played instruments when growing up.

I will say this. There are a good amount of EDM artists that are fantastic musicians, and a lot of them actually play them live. Like Griz plays the sax and has shows where he has a New Orleans big band come out and play with him.

But yes there are also edm artists who know how to play the computer and typical they make bad music.
Seeing EDM dudes live is like the stupidest thing you could do. Those concerts are pretty much a giant ecstasy club dance floor that are sometimes outside and I went to like five Deadmau5 and that Vegas festivals. The chicks are fine tho.

It reminds me of this scene in Popstar: Neverstopping...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Seeing EDM dudes live is like the stupidest thing you could do. Those concerts are pretty much a giant ecstasy club dance floor that are sometimes outside and I went to like five Deadmau5 and that Vegas festivals.

It reminds me of this scene in Popstar: Neverstopping...

Depends on who you go see as it is with any genre. I’ve been to concerts of every genre and seeing some bands/musicians is horrible.

I’ve been to edm concerts that were godawful, but also some that were incredible. I’ve been to rap shows that were awful and good, it all depends on how the act is at putting on a good show.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Yes I'm sure that some of them have incredible talent. I've not yet made up my mind on if a computer should be considered a musical instrument or not but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. If they provide music for people who want to hear it then it's all good. It's just not my thing, personally. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to music.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've seen like 5 minutes of Attack on Titan, I dislike overproduced songs like this one, but holy **** this is as epic of a song you can get...

I am totally going to see them if they ever come to CO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes I'm sure that some of them have incredible talent. I've not yet made up my mind on if a computer should be considered a musical instrument or not but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. If they provide music for people who want to hear it then it's all good. It's just not my thing, personally. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to music.

I’m not trying to sway you into liking just pointing something out. I mean I like everything as well so I get where your coming from.

Reactions: Balthazar

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wouldn't say they're as talented as legit bands, however they are way more knowledgeable when it comes to musical gear. I've been a musician since I was like 6 years old and don't know like 90% of the musical gear that DJ's know/use.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lol, I was trolling guys...of course music is a personal taste. However, I am still under the notion that certain people would have rightfully never become famous if more peeps played instruments when growing up.[/MEDIA]

And I've been trolling you...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A few of the more prominent ones are very well versed in more 'traditional' instruments, a lot of them didn't learn music on a computer.

Yup basically. They fused edm with jazz, rap, pop or whatever other genre they please. It’s pretty interesting to see how certain artists meld genres together.

But the heavy wompy crap is horrible and not traditional.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I've seen like 5 minutes of Attack on Titan, I dislike overproduced songs like this one, but holy **** this is as epic of a song you can get...

They very likely will tour the states on this cycle, they have played CO before at least once.

I never was a huge Epica fan. It's the type of music I usually melt for, and Simone has a gorgeous voice, but the songs never did it for me. I probably will go see the show if they come though, they usually have great openers.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

They were in Denver a year ago, at the Ogden.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
Well as someone asked, I might chime in here quickly.

What is the best way to get from London (Center, Victoria station) to Southampton?
Also, from where is it good to buy tickets, and how much in advance?

Thanks!

Train will be the easiest and fastest way to anywhere but can be expensive. This website is best for looking at tickets and maybe buying them to collect on the day.

Trains London Victoria to Southampton Central - Train Timetables & Cheap Tickets

Otherwise you can buy them at Victoria on the day but it may be more expensive. Fastest way appears to be to get the train to Clapham Junction (another station in London) and change there but there are slow trains that go direct from Victoria.

The cheaper option will be a bus, and this seems to take a similar amount of time so would probably be my recommendation. You have to book in advance:

Coach Travel & Airport Transfers | National Express Coaches

but you are guarenteed a seat which is not the case with the train. The bus (or coach as it can be referred) also goes direct from Victoria so should be nice and easy. The only thing with the coach is that you have to book a specific time. If you get the train you can get open tickets which allow you to travel any time outside of rush hour (peak times).

In terms of when you should book, the earlier the better. Prices will only go up as you get closer to the date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->