OT: Avalounge: What happens in Vegas...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I have the Google Pixel, and while it does have some decent features, the battery life is unimpressive, and that was really important to me. It was one of the very first models so MAYBE the ones a year later are better, but I was disappointed by it.
Good to know. Definitely a key spec for me as well.

My friend has been happy with his new Huawei P20 Pro and its battery life. Apparently Huaweis aren't allowed to the US market or something.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Good to know. Definitely a key spec for me as well.

My friend has been happy with his new Huawei P20 Pro and its battery life. Apparently Huaweis aren't allowed to the US market or something.
For what it's worth I had good luck with Motorola phones, my last two were Motorolas and I plan to go back to them after this. Battery life was solid, it declined eventually of course but the software always gave out before the battery did.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I've heard rave reviews about the moto Z play battery, just an absolute tank. Like 2?or so years old now and a bit odd as it has a magnetic back for adding on attachments like a camera and extra battery packs.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey all, I'm considering buying season tickets this year, anyone know if they offer payment plans that run throughout the season or is that usually if you buy them earlier in the summer?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Any thoughts on the top-range Android phones. Gonna have to replace my Sony Z3+ from a couple of years ago. P20 Pro? Is this the worst time or how are the cycles with different manufacturers?
That's so weird.
I have a Sony Z3 Compact phone I bought in 2015, and before that I had a used HTC I bought from my brother.
Anyway, I am wondering the same thing as my earphone-jack is messed up and the phone cannot recognize any earphones anymore.
I am thinking of the new Sony small one, as the phone I have now has been perfect for me.
Hate the bigger phones, so having one I can navigate through only using one hand is essential (meaning my thumb can reach all corners of the screen while keeping the phone in my hand. And yes, the same hand as the thumb I was talking about).

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That's so weird.
I have a Sony Z3 Compact phone I bought in 2015, and before that I had a used HTC I bought from my brother.
Anyway, I am wondering the same thing as my earphone-jack is messed up and the phone cannot recognize any earphones anymore.
I am thinking of the new Sony small one, as the phone I have now has been perfect for me.
Hate the bigger phones, so having one I can navigate through only using one hand is essential (meaning my thumb can reach all corners of the screen while keeping the phone in my hand. And yes, the same hand as the thumb I was talking about).
See, I would too, but I feel like if I don't get one with flagship specs. then what am I doing. Which is stupid, because phones now have like a two-year life cycle.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
See, I would too, but I feel like if I don't get one with flagship specs. then what am I doing. Which is stupid, because phones now have like a two-year life cycle.
I do not use my phone enough to warrant a big purchase.
I want a phone I can surf on while riding the bus/train, listen to music and actually use as a phone (i.e. calling).
So I want a small phone, which will last, and which is easy to use. For flagships, I think Sony is not the way to go. There are better phones out there, at least value for money than their big one.
My friend has a phone that is made by a new company and he says it is amazing. Too bad I cannot remember the company at all.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I do not use my phone enough to warrant a big purchase.
I want a phone I can surf on while riding the bus/train, listen to music and actually use as a phone (i.e. calling).
So I want a small phone, which will last, and which is easy to use. For flagships, I think Sony is not the way to go. There are better phones out there, at least value for money than their big one.
My friend has a phone that is made by a new company and he says it is amazing. Too bad I cannot remember the company at all.
Yeah, I'm not liking the top Sony phone right now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hey all, I'm considering buying season tickets this year, anyone know if they offer payment plans that run throughout the season or is that usually if you buy them earlier in the summer?

Yeah they do. You can pay them off off over 5,8,10 months or something along those lines.

Reactions: S3rkie

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Also Bubba's support of local live music puts him miles ahead of the fishy-looking girl

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
seph has probably the worst taste in music on this forum, which is saying something considering some of the stuff Bubba posts and whichever one of the children it is that likes Carly Rae Jespen

I turned 33 yesterday and the best present I got was not being named in this post!

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
SF to PHL to FL to PHL to TOR to LV to PHL to SF to PHL... mapped out the next month of travel. Driving the Florida legs to see family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad