Avalanche's MacKinnon tops final HF Calder Poll for 2013-14

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Colorado Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon had a huge second half of the season to pull away from the field in the Calder Trophy race. His performance in the 2014 NHL playoffs was simply the cherry on top of a great rookie season.

In our final tally of the 2013-14 season, MacKinnon was a unanimous selection as the top rookie in the Hockey's Future Calder Poll.

With the season complete, the exciting Tampa Bay's forward duo of Ondrej Palat and Tyler Johnson finished second and third in our poll. Pittsburgh's Olli Maatta, in the fourth spot, was the first of four defensemen on our list.… read more

More...

Pop147258

Apr 28, 2014
I will give you as a detroit red wings fan this proposal
Nyquist, janmark, Darren helm, 1st round ('14), and a 3rd ('14)

OldSchoolAvalanche*

In my world mack, duch, landy are untouchable. Kings ransoms are EJ, VARLY, ROR.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kings ransoms are EJ, VARLY, ROR.

EJ and Varly have a greater value for the AVS than for any other team so they won't get traded anytime soon. We have no other goalie and no other top pair Dman. ROR, on the other hand, could get traded for a D that have a similar value on the market.

People don't want to hear it but Duchene might become tradable in the future depending of how Mack is doing and a few other factors (salary cap, what the team needs, etc...)

To me the real untouchables at this point are Mack and Landy.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
I will give you as a detroit red wings fan this proposal
Nyquist, janmark, Darren helm, 1st round ('14), and a 3rd ('14)

I don't think the Avs would even say yes if you offered every player (pro and prospect) under 25 that Detroit has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad