Post-Game Talk: Avalanche VS Red Wings l 12/2/18 l 7 PM EST

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
how long before the Wings send Cholowski down to the AHL at this point?

he's at 3 games in a row with under 15 minutes of ice time now and last night he only had 13 and a half

Christien

May 1, 2010

he's at 3 games in a row with under 15 minutes of ice time now and last night he only had 13 and a half
I know he's made some mistakes, but he brings more to the table than a lot of out dmen do. That 2nd powerplay unit without Cholowski on it would be scary bad. He needs to be playing more minutes than he has been lately though. When he was playing with Green I didn't think he looked out of place at all. Hopefully he doesn't get sent down though, he seems like a really smart kid and I feel like it would benefit his game staying up instead of being sent down.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I like the idea of 7D, 11F for most games, until we have a real Top 4 D & solid 3rd pair. Keeps the D fresher in-game & throughout the season since we surrender a lot of shots 5+differential & HDCA%. Plenty of icetime for Top 7-9F.

Last night's TOI: Nyquist/Bert/AA had b/w 13.5-14.4 min TOI. Raz @ 12:38, while LGD & Abby 20min, which was odd, but certainly not the norm, nor should it be.
The chippy game & last line change must've played a role in distribution.

Ideally:
Larks 20-22
Mantha 17-18
Nyquist 17-18
Nielsen 17-18
AA 16-18 (he expends so much energy)
Bert 16-17

Ras 14
Vanek 14
Helm ~15
LGD ~15
Abby 12-14

Frk/DLR/Ehn 8-12

Cholo is probably nursing that injury, I believe he'll be back to 18-20 soon enough.

Reactions: masta8

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Baring a complete collapse in his play he's not being sent down.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yesterday wings manhandled bruins, can they outskates Avs today?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Earlier this year I almost pulled the trigger to attend a Lions/Wings doubleheader today. Lions with another expected letdown but this could be a fruitful game for the Wings. An old rival coming back with a solid team for the first time in a long time and the Wings exceeding expectations and playing at a level that will see them bring it to teams they'd otherwise be expected to lose to.

I won't make the mistake of missing this one. Not after last night. So thankful to have my parents Spectrum login credentials.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Well if Blashill gives Cholowski more minutes how will Jensen get his required 20+ minutes a night??

Against the Bruins Jensen led all Wings Dmen playing 22:39. As I think I said in the Bruins GDT, Jensen has improved his game and playing well, but 22+ minutes??

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The Bruins game brought to mind one of my favorite Mickeyisms: that was no place for a nervous person. I'd be tickled if we brought that same game into tonight.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->