News Article: Avalanche, Kings cancel skates due to COVID-19 protocol- Fri and Sun games NOW POSTPONED

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
can we just forfeit the games? i don't know how many more games of "___ points out of a playoff spot" i can take

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Sure hockey isn't considered an "essential business" for early vaccines. But with all the inter-state traveling they do and interacting with many essential workers (travel, food, medical, trainers, etc.) and with so many vaccines ava now, you'd think they would get them by now. Maybe it's simply sports franchises/leagues worrying about the optics of their so-called starsoucho getting preferential treatment. Still seems a little odd to me.
The argument will be that if the leagues cannot play safely then they don’t play. Medical need correctly seems to dictate who gets it first in the US as it does here in the UK. So, we are at about 60% vaccinated in the UK and last I saw it’s now those in their 50’s getting it. Key workers and medically vulnerable got it first and now it’s cascading down the remaining persons by age group.

I get my 2nd dose in 2 weeks.

It stops me spreading the virus from me coughing etc. However it does not stop me coming into contact with it and spreading it via touch, as it lives a long time on various surfaces. The vaccines are all very effective though so it won’t be long before the UK and US achieve herd immunity as the rollout has been good. Mainland Europe not so much. Once the herd immunity threshold is met, life will get close to normal although the poor rollout in some countries mean travel restrictions will persist.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Seems more far fetched to believe that the entire global science community is simply making all this up to trick you into taking a vaccine.

I don't think you're showing enough respect for the minutes Internet users have invested into studying and understanding the data and the global pandemic that's been going on for over a year.

Minutes, I tell you!

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The argument will be that if the leagues cannot play safely then they don’t play. Medical need correctly seems to dictate who gets it first in the US as it does here in the UK. So, we are at about 60% vaccinated in the UK and last I saw it’s now those in their 50’s getting it. Key workers and medically vulnerable got it first and now it’s cascading down the remaining persons by age group.

I get my 2nd dose in 2 weeks.

It stops me spreading the virus from me coughing etc. However it does not stop me coming into contact with it and spreading it via touch, as it lives a long time on various surfaces. The vaccines are all very effective though so it won’t be long before the UK and US achieve herd immunity as the rollout has been good. Mainland Europe not so much. Once the herd immunity threshold is met, life will get close to normal although the poor rollout in some countries mean travel restrictions will persist.
My issue is these players aren't at risk of anything more than getting sick for a while. Maybe some of the coaching staff, but they should be able to get vaccinated now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
My issue is these players aren't at risk of anything more than getting sick for a while. Maybe some of the coaching staff, but they should be able to get vaccinated now.

How far does your personal entertainment outweigh the public health and safety of others?

I should just ignore this thread.

Reactions: Oof and LAKings88

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Seems more far fetched to believe that the entire global science community is simply making all this up to trick you into taking a vaccine.
Yeah, all it took for the U.S., Russia, China, Japan, Iran, Israel, Venezuela, Cuba, India, Pakistan, North Korea, South Korea, all of South Africa and the rest of the counties of planet earth to agree of something so monumental was the concept of science creating a CV19 myth to ruin lives, economies, etc. Yup, makes total sense.

Reactions: Turbonium

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
1. Prevention depends on the shot. It does prevent you from getting it 89.4% of the time if you get the Moderna shot.
2. If you are one of the few who get COVID even though you are vaccinated, the vaccine will not prevent you from spreading it.
3. EUA is a form of FDA approval, it's just expedited and approved in a different way. We had a drug approved this way at my old company and were able to sell and market the same as a traditional approval. EUA drugs are subject to the same continual monitoring as any other approved drug. It just lacks the term "Full approval", which for all intents and purposes is semantics.

1. No it doesn't. Pfizer, Moderna both work similarly....they tell your body to create antibodies based on the vaccine's mRNA messages, generally speaking. If you do get infected, the antibody's are lying in wait. One vaccine will not "prevent" anything over the other. Everyone can get COVID, vaccinated or not, and by "get COVID" I'm saying the virus is in your body. Whether that virus is doing anything to you (either asymptomatic or full blown disease) will depend on your immune system....either with the vaccine or without it (some people are just immune).

2. That's misleading. No, the vaccine will not have total prevention of spreading the virus, but it is extremely effective at reducing the likelihood of spreading it by having these antibodys ready to clean up the virus. Less virus in your body means less likelihood of disease and less likelihood of transmission. Some people, whether vaccinated or not, are just screwed. They'll get the disease and have to deal with the symptoms. And those that do are at greater risk of spreading the virus vs those who have had effective results from the vaccination.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I believe China and the USA made it in a lab and released it to tank the economy.

LOL literally the two counties in the world that benefit the MOST from a good economy and impacted the MOST negatively from a tanking economy. I love a good conspiracy theory, but really all you are doing here is making yourself sound sooooo extremely uneducated (& i don't think you are).

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->