News Article: Avalanche, Kings cancel skates due to COVID-19 protocol- Fri and Sun games NOW POSTPONED

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
NHL Buzz: Avalanche, Kings cancel skates due to COVID-19 protocol

Sorry but the GDT wasn't up

Colorado Avalanche
The Avalanche canceled their morning skate as a precaution because one person tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. That person is in isolation and all other staff and players have tested negative.
Goalie Philipp Grubauer was placed in protocol Wednesday and will be out at least two weeks. Defenseman Bowen Byram has been on the NHL protocol list since Friday.
Colorado is scheduled to host the Los Angeles Kings on Friday (9 p.m. ET; ALT2, KCOP-13, ESPN+, NHL.TV).
Los Angeles canceled its skate out of an abundance of caution but said that the game was expected to be played.
:pray:
Hopefully they play tonight! I need hockey and we usually play the Avs well

Edit- Game now postponed
Avalanche games postponed through Tuesday due to COVID-19

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Numerous Kings players have also tested positive for missing backbones.

Who let this animal out of his cage? Haven't seen RP in here in quite some time.

giphy.gif

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I had an old school Italian dude as one of my first football coaches. He used to call some of the guys Sissy Mary’s and would make them wear a tutu during practice if they didn’t play football the way he wanted, tough and in your face. I know a few Kings who should be wearing tutus.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I had an old school Italian dude as one of my first football coaches. He used to call some of the guys Sissy Mary’s and would make them wear a tutu during practice if they didn’t play football the way he wanted, tough and in your face. I know a few Kings who should be wearing tutus.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

The entire team and staff.

Reactions: Reaper45

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
There's been a vaccine available for months. I'm trying to understand why COVID is still a daily issue in the NHL.

The players are mostly in an age group where they are the last ones vaccinated. They are in line like everyone else since they aren't essential employees. I'm pretty sure Bettman came out and said something to the effect that they don't want to jump the line and burden the areas where they live. So some are probably vaccinated because of where they live, others won't be for a while yet. California just opened to that demographic what, a couple days ago?

I'm also fairly certain that the NHL cannot require players to get jabbed, that would have to be bargained.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Because the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting it or spreading it? And it’s not even FDA approved.

1. Prevention depends on the shot. It does prevent you from getting it 89.4% of the time if you get the Moderna shot.
2. If you are one of the few who get COVID even though you are vaccinated, the vaccine will not prevent you from spreading it.
3. EUA is a form of FDA approval, it's just expedited and approved in a different way. We had a drug approved this way at my old company and were able to sell and market the same as a traditional approval. EUA drugs are subject to the same continual monitoring as any other approved drug. It just lacks the term "Full approval", which for all intents and purposes is semantics.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
There's been a vaccine available for months. I'm trying to understand why COVID is still a daily issue in the NHL.

Because the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting it or spreading it? And it’s not even FDA approved.

Are we just going to assume that every player has been vaccinated? It would seem like a logical thing to do, but that isn’t the case.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Are we just going to assume that every player has been vaccinated? It would seem like a logical thing to do, but that isn’t the case.
Well I mean none of the players except those with an "underlying condition" were even eligible in California until this week. For regular schmoes you can get appointments now for next week, if you're willing to drive to Lancaster of Bakersfield...

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Well I mean none of the players except those with an "underlying condition" were even eligible in California until this week. For regular schmoes you can get appointments now for next week, if you're willing to drive to Lancaster of Bakersfield...
Yeah guys, nevermind on my comment. Makes sense. I live in Mono County with a pretty sparse population and getting a vaccination was pretty easy and available to those who wanted it. I know it's different in the highly populated areas.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Sure hockey isn't considered an "essential business" for early vaccines. But with all the inter-state traveling they do and interacting with many essential workers (travel, food, medical, trainers, etc.) and with so many vaccines available now, you'd think they would get them by now. Maybe it's simply sports franchises/leagues worrying about the optics of their so-called stars getting preferential treatment. Still seems a little odd to me.

Reactions: Gjwrams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad