Avalanche Jersey Pickups Part III

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
Good point! Does Fanatics normally sell Chinese rip off jerseys?

They do not.

Just because someone states it was sold by them, doesn't mean it actually came from Fanatics. NHL.com is basically fanatics now, and you will see more of it in the future.

Always be very wary of any jersey listing that has a stock photo for the jersey. You should always ask for actual pictures. Notice they said it had a hologram to verify, but didn't post any pictures that show it on the jersey.

The autograph might be legit, and that might be what fanatics is backing. Heck, even the company that sells autographed framed items at Pepsi Center, is selling them on bad chinese jerseys.

You have to be very careful, and do lots of research these days to get something real.
/endrant

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hey guys, I picked up a nice 90's era Avs jersey recently and it came in the mail today. I was looking on some NHL uniform databases and I was wondering if the numbers had any textures or if they were just smooth. It's a weird question but I can't for the life of me find a good picture that shows whether or not there is. It is the white jersey.

Thanks for any/all assistance!

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
Hey guys, I picked up a nice 90's era Avs jersey recently and it came in the mail today. I was looking on some NHL uniform databases and I was wondering if the numbers had any textures or if they were just smooth. It's a weird question but I can't for the life of me find a good picture that shows whether or not there is. It is the white jersey.

Thanks for any/all assistance!

Are you referring to Black glacier twill numbers? I guess you could call that a texture. It looks like a herringbone pattern?

A picture from Eddie's Jersey Room (awesome Avs jersey reference site):

9798_klemm24_fourslash.jpg

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! I picked up a ProPlayer replica from Ebay. Those jerseys on the website you linked are really awesome.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Last edited:

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
If anyone is interested in some "real" prospects jerseys, I have a few I'm looking to move. PM me if interested.

2014-15 Julian Nantel QMJHL RN Huskies Gameworn - $300/OBO

nantelb.JPG

nantelf.JPG

2014-15 Boikov Drummondville Voltigeurs Gameworn - $300/OBO

boikov1.JPG

boikov2.JPG

thanks

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
Just ordered the blue 3rd jersey blank(can't decide who I want to get on it) and the stadium series with mack on the back for my gf. Was looking for a stadium in my side but no luck. Picking up a London knights zadorav jersey on Friday as well.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Just picked up the new Adidas "authentic" jersey and wow are they absolutely beautiful. I have every Avs jersey to date but this is the most beautiful jersey out of the collection!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just picked up the new Adidas "authentic" jersey and wow are they absolutely beautiful. I have every Avs jersey to date but this is the most beautiful jersey out of the collection!

Tell me about the sizing and how it feels when you wear it compared to your others (does it feel more snug or more loose, or pretty much the same)?

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Tell me about the sizing and how it feels when you wear it compared to your others (does it feel more snug or more loose, or pretty much the same)?

I always had Medium because I wear a hoodie underneath. The Adidas feels a little slimmer compared to the Reeboks. The one I got is size 50 (Medium) size with fight strap. I'm not sure if Adidas makes any replicas this year. Like I said it is the nicest of all Avs jersey to date!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I always had Medium because I wear a hoodie underneath. The Adidas feels a little slimmer compared to the Reeboks. The one I got is size 50 (Medium) size with fight strap. I'm not sure if Adidas makes any replicas this year. Like I said it is the nicest of all Avs jersey to date!
Even over the 3rds from last season?

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock

There will be "Fanatics" branded replicas this year.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
In my opinion, they're a little slimmer than last year's third jerseys but not by a whole lot

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Just a FYI, anything smaller than a 50 will have a smaller front logo patch. I went with a size 50 even though a 46 fit me better because of that.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Hey guys, need your help here. I picked up a Pro Player jersey and Denver Athletics doesn't have the material to do it anymore. Same goes for the new Adidas authentic jersey, they also don't have the material in just yet. Can anyone recommend another good place to have it done? DA is always on point with their stuff and it kinda sucks that they can't do it :(

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hey guys, need your help here. I picked up a Pro Player jersey and Denver Athletics doesn't have the material to do it anymore. Same goes for the new Adidas authentic jersey, they also don't have the material in just yet. Can anyone recommend another good place to have it done? DA is always on point with their stuff and it kinda sucks that they can't do it :(

Try the forum hockey jerseys on reddit, I bet someone there can help you out better than here. They're jersey fanatics

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
Best I've seen/worked with outside of DA is keener jerseys Custom Jerseys & Apparel | Keener Jerseys Winnipeg, MB. The guy is absolutely insane with his attention to detail and desire to make jerseys' numbers, fonts, materials, placement look EXACTLY like the team issued jerseys. He's a real pro and you won't be able to tell it wasn't done at DA. If you can get a photo of the back of a jersey he will match everything precisely. Sad to hear DA won't be doing fan jerseys anymore.

Another idea would be to hit up Jay Vean @avspodcast. He may have some insight or other suggestions.

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
Sad to hear DA won't be doing fan jerseys anymore./QUOTE]

DA will still do fan orders, they just don't have the new material for them yet. For the older mesh jerseys, you just need to find a black to cut up (painful i know) to get the proper nameplate material. DA will still do the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->