Rumor: Avalanche Commentators Get Excited Watching Oilers Talent

KingQuesnel

Oct 5, 2009
Hi Folks,

So I don't post often, but I have been reading you guys for years. My brother and I started getting Centre Ice last year and suffered through all 82 games last year for better or worse. This year through 5 games I have already I have noticed a significant jump in confidence from 2 players in particular, Mr Ales Hemsky and Mr Jordan Eberle. For Hemsky having a major increase in talent may have something to do with it, but whatever the reason I like it.

Anyway, I'm watching last night and my tv goes black, tells me that my HDMI connection failed. I rush upstairs and oddly enough, my other tv is fine and in my haste I find the Avalanche feed instead of the Oilers (sorry Louie!) I watched the end of the second and the entire third on their feed. I was busy being a dad and at times had to leave the room only to hear the commentators hollering and losing control. I run in and rewind; on almost every occasion it's Eberle who has done something ridiculous, and there was also one Hemsky move that made them come unglued. The best part is that the Oilers stunk in the 3rd last night and as Oilers fans we probably took this things for granted. Long story ridiculously long, do we ever have a fun few years to look forward to.

1) Eberle's seeing eye pass through 3 Avs players across the top of the offensive zone to Hall

2) Eberle's behind the back pass through the low slot that found Hall who had an open net if the puck doesn't slide off his stick.

3) Hemmer's little drag move around a d-man when he slides the puck dangerously through the crease late in the 3rd

I plan to watch the other teams feeds more often to see if this happens all the time. I wouldn't be surprised as we have some of the most dynamic players around who try some insane things for better or worse.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I noticed this too. It seems that they would rather say that the other team is too good than admitting that their team didn't show up for the first 2 periods. I think they were just trying to save face.

smythfan

Aug 21, 2005
Beaverton, Oregon
My hubby is an Avs fan so I watch as many Avs games as I do Oilers. Mike Haynes and Peter McNab do a very good job of not being super homerish and recognizing talent on other teams and are not afraid to talk about it throughout the game. They also both have a habit of getting very excited when calling games. So while it was cool to hear them praising the Oilers etc it is not an isolated incident brought out by the Oilers, they do it with other teams as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad