Avalanche choke lead against Washington!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Well that makes sense.

What was it, prior to that? I only ask because you've clearly been around longer than most of us.....I mean, eighteen years of Avalanche hockey on this site, right? Were you always this jaded?

Never been like this until 2017 when they finished last. Glad to have Makar though. I love him. But, I'm unforgiving since then.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nevertheless, it still doesn't explain why they give up leads. Washington is a great team. But, they were up 2-0 and were close to having me convinced they turned out around defensively. I was clearly wrong.

The 2-goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey.

This.

I bet every team in the league has either given up a 2-goal lead this season, or come back from being down by two.

Hell, Dallas was up 2-0 last night in Toronto and you can bet I wasn't thinking "game over" at the time. :laugh:

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This.

I bet every team in the league has either given up a 2-goal lead this season, or come back from being down by two.

Hell, Dallas was up 2-0 last night in Toronto and you can bet I wasn't thinking "game over" at the time. :laugh:
Comebacks, this season, have definitely not been in a short supply and I think every team the Kings have played this year have come back from being down several goals against them in one of the meetings.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
To expand on this, the Avs have probably blown 5 or 6 games where they led, in about a 12 game span.

In addition, the Avalanche were the absolute last team in the league to win a game in which they were trailing after the first two periods. They bucked that by beating the Blue Jackets a few games ago, but until then I could have said they didn't ever do that >,<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad