Confirmed with Link: Avalanche Adds Bennett, Parkkila to Coaching Staff

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Speaks volumes when we know absolutely nothing about the hire and we are planning a parade. Nothing can be as bad as it's been.

So, I'm not going to sit here and pretend as if I know what this guy did. I won't call these great hires. I will just say thanks for the change. Let's see what happens.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Bruh, we had Tim Army and Dave Farrish for multiple seasons. There is no possible way we could do worse.

Bruh..we re-hired Tony Granato as a HC after demoting him for failing to be able to show the leadership skills necessary for leading an NHL All-Star team to fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

The AVs then hired three straight HC's without one day of NHL experience between them.

Don't ever jinx this club saying they can't do worse. Since 2003, it's been a **** show and until they make the playoffs three years in a row, any bit of improvement should be viewed skeptically and considered an anomaly.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Bruh..we re-hired Tony Granato as a HC after demoting him for failing to be able to show the leadership skills necessary for leading an NHL All-Star team to fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

The AVs then hired three straight HC's without one day of NHL experience between them.

Don't ever jinx this club saying they can't do worse. Since 2003, it's been a **** show and until they make the playoffs three years in a row, any bit of improvement should be viewed skeptically and considered an anomaly.

Sacco's hire was God awful to begin with. No one can defend that atrocious hire.
Roy and Bednar hires made sense, they had impressive resumes with championship wins in their respective divisions and a track record of success.

We can't do any worse than the sheer ineptitude of Army and Farrish. It's not even close to possible.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sacco's hire was God awful to begin with. No one can defend that atrocious hire.
Roy and Bednar hires made sense, they had impressive resumes with championship wins in their respective divisions and a track record of success.

We can't do any worse than the sheer ineptitude of Army and Farrish. It's not even close to possible.

You're just asking for a "hold my beer" moment from them, aren't you?

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
^Its almost like every subsequent post is another shovel scoop of the hole you are jinxing the team into for the love of god please make it stop

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
It seems like "it can't get any worse than this" has been a thing for this team for about a decade now. :laugh:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Really cited for parkkila.

Hoping he has a great impact on varlamov.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This Parkkila lad is pure gold.

Just heard some really interesting things about his approach, refreshing and modern. Seems like our goaltenders love him, too.

Reactions: Foppberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm jealous of this man's hair. In the season opener it looked even crazier than this.

jussi-parkkila-goaltending-coach-of-the-colorado-avalanche-poses-for-picture-id1039407032

Reactions: MarkT and Tommy G

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad