Automatic NHLers

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
alzner
voracek
van riemsdyk
sweatt

i dont think any of them will make it, but those guys have the best chanse.

team_alex

Jun 23, 2006
New Brunswick
Although Voracek will be an awesome NHLer someday, I think it would be a mistake to send him into the fray next year. Another year in the Q will let him develop much more effectively.

But then again, I'm a Mooseheads fan so I'm a bit biased on the whole situation. :)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Although Voracek will be an awesome NHLer someday, I think it would be a mistake to send him into the fray next year. Another year in the Q will let him develop much more effectively.

But then again, I'm a Mooseheads fan so I'm a bit biased on the whole situation. :)

you are absolutely right. but you have to agree he is one of the guys in this draft that are closest to being ready.

TrojanDan46

Jun 9, 2007
Im thinking Alzner, but he still isnt fully developed yet...but he is the closest to breaking into the NHL, I think.

BeatsPerMinute

Nov 19, 2005
of the top 10, I actually believe that JVR is among the ones with the least chances of making the NHL next year. even with all the potential he has, he's still too raw to make the NHL.
I think Alzner and Voracek are the only two with a legitimate shot at making their respective teams next year.

MitchRobichaud

Jun 6, 2007
Halifax
www.hockeysense.ca
I hope Voracek plays 1 one year in the Q, i only got to watch him once last year, and i'm drafting him in my keeper league and would love to go see him play in 4 or 5 games next season. He is definately without any question the closest to being NHL ready.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
I can't see anyone draft-eligible this year being "automatic" for the NHL in 07-08. At first I was thinking that Couture might be the only one with a shot at it, but now all sorts of people are doubting his attitude etc.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
I can't see anyone draft-eligible this year being "automatic" for the NHL in 07-08. At first I was thinking that Couture might be the only one with a shot at it, but now all sorts of people are doubting his attitude etc.

Attitude? lol....it is his skating & first-step speed that has been doubted by some. They seem to forget that he had mono this past season. My niece almost missed her entire school year when she had mono it set her back so far, but her parents had to hire a tutor to get her through, which proved how hard it is to get over.

As for Couture's attitude, his coach Brian Kilrea has had nothing but extreme praise for his attitude & character in every article I've been able to find online. And if you have followed the history of coach Kilrea & the 67's you would know that he quite rarely passes out platitudes of praise about any of his players as he has for Couture.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
I think Kane may be able to make his big team, depending on who takes him, and if he can bulk up a bit, and I also think Alzner, Voracek, and maybe Couture.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
I think Kane may be able to make his big team, depending on who takes him, and if he can bulk up a bit, and I also think Alzner, Voracek, and maybe Couture.

Kane WILL make the big team.....commonly referred to as "the windy city"

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
There's ZERO chance Sweatt or vanRiemsdyk makes the jump to the NHL this year.

i wouldnt say zero. im pretty sure someone said bergeron had ZERO chanse of making the team aswell.

the most ready guys in this draft all have a very small chanse of making it. i dont know who, but im pretty sure at least one player from this draft plays in the NHL next season.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
anyone remember patrice bergeron?? making the nhl right out of the draft isnt totally limited to first round picks! even though he was a mid 2nd rounder.. there have to be some lower rated guys that could step into a 3rd-4th line role, maybe some of the older players or some europeans

i could see cherepanov coming over if that whole russia situation pans out

Fan of The Game

Apr 3, 2007
USA
I would say the 1st pick by Chicago might make it. But if I where an NHL GM I would perfer to give my pick a year in the AHL at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad