Automatic Mock Draft (Diehards only)

Discussion in 'Mock Drafts' started by Seachd, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seachd

Seachd Registered User

Home Page:
    This might never get off the ground, but I want to see how much interest it attracts.

Not too long ago, Cayouche (using an idea from Emile) did an automatic draft. People submitted lists of a certain number of players with instructions, and made the picks according to the lists.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do a massive version of that. How big exactly would depend on some sort of concensus I guess. Trades involving picks only would be allowed, but they'd all have to be done before the draft actually took place. Because I haven't seen a full list of opt-outs, all eligible players would be available, as would reentries.

I thought it was a really cool idea, and it took a lot of thought to rank your players in the way you wanted them, and a lot of luck to actually get the ones you wanted.

Would anyone be interested in something like this? If so, just let me know what team you'd like, and we'll see how many people we get.

CHI - rupispupis
    COL - TopGun12
    PIT - Jaded-Fan

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  2. rupispupis

rupispupis Registered User

How many guys would you have to rank off the bat?
    Can you at least separate D and F and G?

3. Seachd

Seachd Registered User

Home Page:
    For Cayouche's we ranked about 100 players each, and that was good for 4 rounds, I think.

I'm not sure what you mean about separating the positions. All players are ranked in one list, and then you can specify that you don't want any goalies in the first round, or only one d-man, or you need a LW in the 4th, or whatever.

4. rupispupis

rupispupis Registered User

I'm in for Chicago.

Let me clarify.
    We go 4 rnds at a time?
    We can specify things like: 1st - C, 2nd - LW, 3rd - D, 4th - G?

5. Seachd

Seachd Registered User

Home Page:
    Well, I'd like to the the draft all at one time, but I'm just not sure how many players people are willing to take the time to rank. 100 does about 4 rounds, so 250-300 would probably cover a full 9 round draft, but I don't know if people want to do all that work or not.

You can specify things like that, yes. Maybe you don't want your first 3 picks to all be forwards. If you said that, and your first two picks end up being forwards, I would skip down to the next highest available non-forward on your list, for example.

6. TopGun12

TopGun12 Registered User

I'm in give me Colorado

7. Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan Registered User

I had Pittsburgh in the last one, would take them once more. I even still have my original list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.