GDT: Autoloss #1 - Canes @ Avalanche - 9:00 PM

Blown Away

Apr 23, 2013
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 6m

Gleason, Komisarek and Lindholm to play Muller says. Skinner out but day to day. Bellemore injured. Harrison a scratch.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 6m

Gleason, Komisarek and Lindholm to play Muller says. Skinner out but day to day. Bellemore injured. Harrison a scratch.

No more "A" for Faulk, I guess, with Gleason back. I know it's just a letter on the sweater, but it did look good on Faulk and was a nice reward for his mature play to this point. Personally I wouldn't mind us going back to what we had under Lavi with a "permanent" alternate and then a home alternate and an away alternate. Let J. Staal be the permanent alt and let Gleason and Faulk fight over for who's home and who's away.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Glad Murphy is alright. Was a scary sequence after he got hit with that shot.

Missing Skinner hurts. Colorado doesn't have a top end dman like Suter, so this could be a good game for the top line.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
With Roy live and in person on the opposing bench, Peters will be overcome by the presence of this living legend goalie and turn in a Roy-like performance. So,

11-0 loss, with Humpy Dawg getting arrested for beating up a woman after the game.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No more "A" for Faulk, I guess, with Gleason back. I know it's just a letter on the sweater, but it did look good on Faulk and was a nice reward for his mature play to this point. Personally I wouldn't mind us going back to what we had under Lavi with a "permanent" alternate and then a home alternate and an away alternate. Let J. Staal be the permanent alt and let Gleason and Faulk fight over for who's home and who's away.

Without trying to start another scapegoat situation, JStaal got handed the "A" without playing a single game for the Canes, had an OK year last year, and has been basically completely useless on the offensive side of the puck this year (while admittedly being our best defensive forward by a mile). Might be too late to do anything about it now, but I think JR might be rethinking giving him the "A" that quickly...

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Without trying to start another scapegoat situation, JStaal got handed the "A" without playing a single game for the Canes, had an OK year last year, and has been basically completely useless on the offensive side of the puck this year (while admittedly being our best defensive forward by a mile). Might be too late to do anything about it now, but I think JR might be rethinking giving him the "A" that quickly...

When you think of roles, it sort of makes sense. The forward expected to lead the teams offense gets the C. The one expected to lead the teams forwards on defense gets the A. And the defensman who is the silliest on Ask the Canes gets the other A.

CaniacSZN

May 20, 2013
@ice_chip 2m
Muller says Lindholm will center Sutter and Westgarth. Bowman will take Skinner's spot on Nash line.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So wait, Skinner, Dwyer, Bellemore are out with injuries and Harrison is a scratch? With Gleason coming off IR, that's 24. Chip mentioned yesterday that Dwyer was going to be put on IR but I never saw anything official.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Ward's on the IR

Yeah, but Murphy is up.

So I've got this:

Tlusty // Eric // Semin
Gerbe // Jordan // Dvorak
Bowman // Nash // Ruutu
Sutter // Lindholm // Westgarth

Skinner, Dwyer

Sekara // Faulk
Hainsey // Komisarek
Gleason // Murphy

Bellemore, Harrison

Peters
Murphy

IR: Ward, Khudobin

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Lindholm's offensive talents will really shine with those linemates.

Wow. Really?

Seemed perfect that Lindholm could just slot in for Skinner. Maybe he's not ready? Even better, Westgarth usually gets benched after one shift and EStaal takes over on that line, maybe Lindholm slides to RW once that happens and we see a Sutter - EStaal - Lindholm 4th line...

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

I can understand but I was OK with giving J. Staal the "A" when he got here. In addition to having been an alternate for the Pens, he proved his leadership during his service with the Pens, leading the team when both Malkin and Crosby were hurt and he's a former Calder and Selke finalist. Also, if you recall, at the start of last season, there really was no other forward to give it to aside from He of Dreamy Smiles.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I can understand but I was OK with giving J. Staal the "A" when he got here. In addition to having been an alternate for the Pens, he proved his leadership during his service with the Pens, leading the team when both Malkin and Crosby were hurt and he's a former Calder and Selke finalist. Also, if you recall, at the start of last season, there really was no other forward to give it to aside from He of Dreamy Smiles.

To be honest at the time he would've been my choice. He was coming off a 19-goal year, was good in the room, and was far and away the 2nd-longest tenured Canes skater.

While last year was crap, and kind of made us sour on him, he was an "A" type of player, IMO. Not to mention I think he would've scored more than 4 points had he wore it.

Again, silly conversation, just pointing it out.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Over/Under on times Tripp mentions how important it is to have Gleason back before the puck drops?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad